TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 Next

Who should replace Carl Edwards if he (let's hope) gets suspended?
Ricky Stenhouse 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Erik Darnell 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Colin Braun 15%  15%  [ 9 ]
Kenny Wallace 15%  15%  [ 9 ]
Kenny Schrader 23%  23%  [ 14 ]
Ward Burton 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Ricky Rudd 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Tony Raines 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes: 60
 Post subject: Re: Atlanta
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Harvick incident hasn't really been represented well. It was 2002, so he wasn't a rookie. Also, he didn't just spin Coy Gibbs in the heat of the moment, but went on the radio first to say he was going to do it, ignored NASCAR's warning not to, and then parked his truck and abandoned it in front of the NASCAR trailer when they black flagged him. Very petulant actions taht certainly deserved the punishment he got.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:39 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Corvus wrote:
The part of this argument that just doesn't fly is that no one would be having this conversation if Keselowski's car had not become airborne. Of course we wouldn't, but the fact of the matter is that it did and Edwards should have been punished accordingly. This is no different than, for example, you pull a prank on your buddy, only he is injured because of your actions. Of course you didn't mean for him to get hurt, but you have to bear the responsibility of your actions (yes, I'm speaking from a first-hand experience). The blatant disregard for Brad's safety and the end result of his car being sent through the air should have been cause enough to sit Edwards out for a few weeks. These drivers are suppose to be grown men, and they have been given the green light to police themselves on the racetrack, only this seems to be a far too great responsibility for some to have burdened upon them, either that or they just ain't too smart.

How about this:

We would never have this discussion if Carl never even came back to the track with bad intentions in the first place.

/Thread

Close and lock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Coyotekart1 wrote:
I think alot of it is that he is a rookie and he isnt showing a whole lotta respect to others.

Keselowski didn't do a thing wrong on Sunday. Yeah, last season was a different story at times, but I still fail to see why Keselowski is being viewed as anything short of completely innocent during the Atlanta race.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:47 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Chris A wrote:
Coyotekart1 wrote:
I think alot of it is that he is a rookie and he isnt showing a whole lotta respect to others.

Keselowski didn't do a thing wrong on Sunday. Yeah, last season was a different story at times, but I still fail to see why Keselowski is being viewed as anything short of completely innocent during the Atlanta race.

Because he has a reputation of being overaggressive?

Although I don't think that THAT will be put into consideration after what we saw on Sunday, unlike some fans.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:52 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Chris A wrote:
Coyotekart1 wrote:

Because he has a reputation of being overaggressive?

Although I don't think that THAT will be put into consideration after what we saw on Sunday, unlike some fans.

Your reputation stays with you, even throughout a race. If you have a reputation of being aggresive and once in a while taking someone out, that will affect how others view you. I think Sunday, his reputation is what made Carl do what he did in that Brads reputation to Carl put Carl over the edge(that and Carl appears to have temper issues).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Coyotekart1 wrote:
Your reputation stays with you, even throughout a race. If you have a reputation of being aggresive and once in a while taking someone out, that will affect how others view you. I think Sunday, his reputation is what made Carl do what he did in that Brads reputation to Carl put Carl over the edge(that and Carl appears to have temper issues).

That's just BS, man. Carl did that simply because he couldn't handle the fact that he couldn't blame anyone else for the restart accident and simply tried to take advantage of the fact that the other driver involved was one he already disliked. Though I say "tried" as if he didn't get away with it, because anyone who thinks that NASCAR has actually done anything meaningful to Carl clearly has no insight on the matter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

In the Carl Edwards thread, I wrote:
So going by that logic, I won't be surprised if Carl Edwards not only escapes suspension, but escapes a points penalty and a fine.

I called it. But still, 3 races on probation is disgusting and really does nothing considering the next 3 races are at Bristol, Martinsville and Phoenix, all short tracks. But I'm not looking forward to the rest of the cookie cutter tracks where NASCAR's basically said it's OK to intentionally wreck someone at 190-200mph.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:10 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Rusty talking out of his ass on NASCAR Now again. But, Terry Blount pretty muched managed to sum up the feelings of the majority of posters on this board. Shockingly enough. :ohmy:

Wow Rusty, way to look like a duchebag. Plz recede into your cave and keep over-funding your son who will accomplish nothing. :flag:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:11 am 

TM93 wrote:
Rusty talking out of his ass on NASCAR Now again. But, Terry Blount pretty muched managed to sum up the feelings of the majority of posters on this board. Shockingly enough. :ohmy:

Wow Rusty, way to look like a duchebag. Plz recede into your cave and keep over-funding your son who will accomplish nothing. :flag:

What did he say?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just disgusted by all this. And it will all go on from here status quo, just waiting for someone else to lose their shit and decide to make a completely idiotic homicidal move like Edwards. Moral of the story: If you are a poster boy and have even a little skill with double talk, in this sport you can just about get away with murder.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:57 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
TM93 wrote:

What did he say?

In a nutshell, that he would've spun Brad out there too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:03 am 

TM93 wrote:
Tommy Vercetti wrote:
TM93 wrote:

What did he say?

In a nutshell, that he would've spun Brad out there too.

*facepalm*

Then again, it's Rusty, so go figure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:24 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was in the process of writing something like this in the Carl Edwards thread before it got locked.

I'm not surprised that Edwards was punished for his actions on Sunday but I'm very surprised that his punishment was only a 3 race probation. Mike Helton said that parking him on Sunday sent a message. I don't think it did because Edwards had already accomplished what he set out to do and that was to wreck Keselowski.

If Nascar wasn't going to suspend Edwards for what he did he certainly should have been put on probation for the remainder of the season. Nascar did that with Harvick after he got suspended for spinning Coy Gibbs at Martinsville and that was much less dangerous than what Edwards did.

The best way for Edwards to go about redeeming himself to the fans is to take a page out of Ernie Irvan's book. In the May race at Talladega in 1991 he caused "the big one" which resulted in Kyle Petty getting a broken leg. When Nascar returned to Talladega in July, Irvan got up during the drivers meeting before the race and stood in front of all of the drivers and apologized for what happened in May. Edwards should do that at Bristol. He would show that he's man enough to admit his mistakes. Granted, nobody was injured in the crash but it was too close for comfort for there to be injuries to either Keselowski and/or the fans.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:44 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FHgrad99 wrote:
The best way for Edwards to go about redeeming himself to the fans is to take a page out of Ernie Irvan's book. In the May race at Talladega in 1991 he caused "the big one" which resulted in Kyle Petty getting a broken leg. When Nascar returned to Talladega in July, Irvan got up during the drivers meeting before the race and stood in front of all of the drivers and apologized for what happened in May. Edwards should do that at Bristol. He would show that he's man enough to admit his mistakes. Granted, nobody was injured in the crash but it was too close for comfort for there to be injuries to either Keselowski and/or the fans.

I've seen nothing out of Edwards that says to me he thinks it was a mistake, or that he wouldn't do it again if he was in the same situation again. That's the really worrying thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

FHgrad99 wrote:
The best way for Keselowski to go about redeeming himself to the drivers is to take a page out of Ernie Irvan's book.

Fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
FHgrad99 wrote:
The best way for Keselowski to go about redeeming himself to the drivers is to take a page out of Ernie Irvan's book.

Fixed.

Ok, you've made it abundantly clear you have nothing to offer in this discussion other than you don't like Brad Keselowski. Point made.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:51 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I like Brad. I just don't want him to be killed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:55 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

If you are gunna say a driver needs to use the Ernie Irvan apology, to me, it should be Brad. I got nothing against Brad but from the sounds of it, Brad isnt making any friends with any of the other drivers and neither was Ernie at the time. They both have similar styles.

Carl isnt gunna apologize for what he did and Brad doesnt have to either, but if he wants to get respect from the older drivers, he will have to do something and Im sure Carl has lost a little respect from the other drivers. In Carl's case tho, it would probably easier to gain it back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
FHgrad99 wrote:

Fixed.

Why should he apologize for nothing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:12 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Chris A wrote:
Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
FHgrad99 wrote:

Fixed.

Why should he apologize for nothing?

He's refering to how it seems that there are a bunch of drivers that brad dont seem to be getting along with.

By the sounds of everything thats going down between everyone and Brad, it wouldnt surprise me if there is alot of stuff thats gone on or certain ways people feel that we dont know about.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 Next