TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24140 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:27 am 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Beaver Dragon wrote:
Hank Hill wrote:
Im putting the final touches on completing a team, but I will be attempting to make my first racing start this week sometime at Thunderhill raceway in a special one off event, with some of the best drivers in Texas entered.

Its a 150 lap endurance go-kart oval race with a team consisting of 5 drivers. Each driver must run atleast 15 laps in the race. Grand prize is $5,000 to the winning team.

Heres an example of the NasKart races:

------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news theres been serious issues with the Late Models and Allison Legacy classes here. Driving standards have been abysmal. The Allison Legacies almost every race have had a crash thats involved over 75% of the cars running. Which is generally 6-8. Late Model drivers are just driving with absolutely no respect this year.

In good news we do have the 2nd place driver in the NASCAR Whelen National standings in Zak Hausler who has been incredible this year at both Thunderhill and Houston Motorsports Park.

Hausler is 8th.

My track has last years National titlist and current Whelen Points leader.

He must have slid down some after his engine failure in the Thunderhill race..He did win again saturday.

How does NASCAR figure out this system. It seems kind of flawed that the guy in 8th has run less races, but won more races than the guy leading in a system like this. I guess car counts could be a factor which is where Thunderhill drivers would get hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:57 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Car counts are a huge factor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:57 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
Car counts are a huge factor.

Yup.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There were some fairly heavy thunderstorms in and around Central Florida yesterday. New Smyrna speedway near Daytona suffered some minor damage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:39 pm 

I will be heading out shortly to go qualify for the Thunderhill NasKart Firecracker 150 endurance race. Really hope I can just qualify into the race along with my 4 co-drivers. Its a dream come true just getting to race against some of the best drivers in Texas and possibly the U.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:32 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Hank Hill wrote:
I will be heading out shortly to go qualify for the Thunderhill NasKart Firecracker 150 endurance race. Really hope I can just qualify into the race along with my 4 co-drivers. Its a dream come true just getting to race against some of the best drivers in Texas and possibly the U.S.

Go get 'em :flag:

Southside Speedway had their opening night last night. I wasn't really looking forward to going there all week but once the racing started I was happy to be there. Not surprisingly the car counts were kinda low, but that's to be expected when a track opens in the middle of the season after they said they weren't going to open just a couple months ago. The Street Stock race was epic. Four cars tangled on the backstretch and two of them climbed the wall and nearly turned over, then in the final couple laps there was a great battle for the lead. The second place car tried a last ditch bump and run but he was a bit too far back and got all crossed up coming out of the corner. He smacked the wall and just about turned the car over 50 feet before the line. He still managed to finish in 3rd after the car came down off the wall and bounced across the line.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:35 pm 

We are currently P5 of 6. 12 teams make the race, and currently 12 teams are entered. That could go up at any time though. Which means our team has to be prepared to go out and make another run.

We have 1 good karter, and 4 people that have never been in a kart or race car...Thats killing us because almost every other person entered is a pro driver. We were a second off the top 4 as an average top speed...We just could not get our drafts lined up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:35 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

This is one of the best onboard shots I've ever seen. You almost feel like you're sitting there driving the car.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I reckon that could be taken off a helmet camera.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:57 am 

I dont know how...But we made the Firecracker 150 go-kart race. We had an intense bump day style session tonight. We thought we had DNQ'ed when we left, but they called later and told us we had made it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hank Hill wrote:
I dont know how...But we made the Firecracker 150 go-kart race. We had an intense bump day style session tonight. We thought we had DNQ'ed when we left, but they called later and told us we had made it.

Congrats on making the race! Had something like that happen to the Pro Stock car I stooged on 4-5 years ago. DNQ'd in the qualifying race by one spot. Tech official came over and told us to pull the carb. We asked him why since we didn't make the show? He told us, "Well, there's question marks with a couple cars in front of you, so, pull the carb, you're going to race tomorrow." Made for a long night since no one brought the gears to change over for the mile. Never thought he'd actually make the show.

Tonight at Stafford Springs the ISMA SuperModifieds give CT another crack. After a disappointing opening night at Waterford the Winged Warriors take to the lighting fast 1/2 mile for 50 laps. Gates open at 4:15 and heats roll at 5:50. Should be a good one. Took a half day from work and am leaving with my buddy at 2PM for the track.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:38 pm 

Im still in shock that we made it honestly..We were the last car to make the cut, but we did it. This race is filled with the best drivers in Texas.

Joe Aramendia is in the race, his team qualified 9th. But, qualifying does not matter as much because it is a Le Mans style start.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Crash Aramendia and it will be a successful night. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

westracing01 wrote:
Hank Hill wrote:

Congrats on making the race! Had something like that happen to the Pro Stock car I stooged on 4-5 years ago. DNQ'd in the qualifying race by one spot. Tech official came over and told us to pull the carb. We asked him why since we didn't make the show? He told us, "Well, there's question marks with a couple cars in front of you, so, pull the carb, you're going to race tomorrow." Made for a long night since no one brought the gears to change over for the mile. Never thought he'd actually make the show.

Tonight at Stafford Springs the ISMA SuperModifieds give CT another crack. After a disappointing opening night at Waterford the Winged Warriors take to the lighting fast 1/2 mile for 50 laps. Gates open at 4:15 and heats roll at 5:50. Should be a good one. Took a half day from work and am leaving with my buddy at 2PM for the track.

Always a good race for the Supers there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:34 am 

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
Crash Aramendia and it will be a successful night. :thumbsup:

I'd rather not tbh...I'm friends with his nephew.

There are a couple people from Thunderhill that I have been less than impressed with their driving abilities that are in this race. But...Im not gonna blow my first ever motor race doing something stupid like that. It's rare that you get to run your first race against the best people in the state.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:25 pm 

I havent escaped my first racing experience totally, and we havent even started the race yet. My friend spun infront of me, and to avoid t-boning him at about 65 mph, and just touched the brakes, the car whipped around, and I got a bit airborne at the lip from pavement to grass. My hip is a little banged up from it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:05 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

June 22nd - Wacky Wednesday at Langley Speedway:

June 24th - Southside Speedway:

June 25th - Langley Speedway:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Beaver Dragon wrote:
westracing01 wrote:
Hank Hill wrote:

Always a good race for the Supers there.

This one was indeed a good race, and very clean. One spin on lap 22 slowed the action and that was it. Ted Christopher started on pole, in arguably the fastest car, and took off early in the Clyde Booth built 61, with Johnny Benson Jr., Bobby Magner, Mike Lichty, Russ Wood and Chris Perley in hot pursuit. Benson gave Christopher all he could handle for the first 20 laps but faded to third after the yellow as Chris Perley showed everyone why he's a 6 time ISMA Champion. Perley put the spurs to his Vic Miller #11, got pass Magner, Wood and Benson and ran down Christopher over the next 20 laps, passing the multi-time Modified Champion in lap traffic with only a handful of laps to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ponderosa Speedway in Junction City,KY (about an hour's drive from where I live) has trimmed their schedule from weekly racing on Friday night to just five more events the rest of the year:
http://www.theponderosaspeedway.com/Schedule.html

Bluegrass Speedway here at home seems to be doing ok, but only race twice this month(July 2nd and July 30th) and have six off weekends before the season finale on September 24th.
http://www.bluegrass-speedway.com/2011admissionfees.htm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:12 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I had a great night tonight right up until I retrieved my onboard camera and found they didn't turn it on correctly. Now I don't think I can sleep tonight because every time I think about it I get pissed off. The onboard shot should have been a fantastic second angle of a flip in the mod race...
It just sucks sucks sucks, fucking sucks.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24140 Next