TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 64140 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

racer612008 wrote:
joha107 wrote:
On a different front, I was at Rolling Wheels last night helping out in the pits and running lineups down, even got to watch the modified feature from the officials tower and assist a little there. It was kind of fun getting to see everything that goes into running a show of that size, including the TV side as it will be broadcast in August on MAVTV. Night didn't go as smoothly as we would have liked, too much rain made for sloppy conditions, and the track was a little rough, all though not terrible given the amount of rain. There was one pretty nasty wreck in the feature as Jessy Mueller went end over end going into turn three, he was ok, but I'm not sure if TV caught it, I just barely saw the start of it out of the corner of my eye.

I saw a FB post 2 days ago of the flip from someone watching one of the cameras, they barely got it from one of the still cameras I thought.

randomly found this, flip is at 1 minute in.
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kenny is indeed scheduled to run The Big Show on Tues. I like Malta now that Howie is running it. Can't get there on a Tues night though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:16 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

racer612008 wrote:
racer612008 wrote:
joha107 wrote:
On a different front, I was at Rolling Wheels last night helping out in the pits and running lineups down, even got to watch the modified feature from the officials tower and assist a little there. It was kind of fun getting to see everything that goes into running a show of that size, including the TV side as it will be broadcast in August on MAVTV. Night didn't go as smoothly as we would have liked, too much rain made for sloppy conditions, and the track was a little rough, all though not terrible given the amount of rain. There was one pretty nasty wreck in the feature as Jessy Mueller went end over end going into turn three, he was ok, but I'm not sure if TV caught it, I just barely saw the start of it out of the corner of my eye.

I saw a FB post 2 days ago of the flip from someone watching one of the cameras, they barely got it from one of the still cameras I thought.

randomly found this, flip is at 1 minute in.
Spoiler:

Thanks for that, he flipped a bunch more times and got some big air before the video caught it.

Last night at Can-Am was challenging, we had the sprints and a full moon, not a good combination for trying to get a quick show run off. 25 lap sprint feature took an hour and a half to run after three red flags, the most serious being when Jeff Cook speared off turn 4 and hit the pace truck and pit wall hard. Cook was ok but went to the hospital for precaution, pace truck driver was ok as well, very easily could have been much worse.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

racer612008 wrote:
Heard that last night's Super DiRTcar Series race at Canandaigua was a thriller.

:flag:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

stupid intent wreck of the year award goes to.........
http://360nitro.com/courses/videos/2015 ... edway.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Good grief. He actually ran the guy nearly into the wall to take the spot, then lost the spot cleanly and still lost his shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:15 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Chris Raabe is a talented driver, but he's burned a lot of bridges at the Canadian tracks as I understand it, hence his exile to Quebec. Shame, I used to like the guy, but taking out Hebert was pretty silly, at least he got the worst of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well fuck. They postponed the Big Show. Today's forecast is no different than any other humid summer afternoon forecast. There is a 100% chance it will rain somewhere. But it will not rain everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You're kidding me? Malta's forecast isn't even that bad. They announce a makeup date yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

August 12th is the makeup date.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

One line of rain moved through. There is no other rain on the radar that will hit the track. A storm could always pop up but it doesn't look like it will. I can't believe they called it so early.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This year will be the final year of Super DiRT Week at the Moody Mile. NYSF officials wanting to start redevelopment of the fairgrounds including removal of the front straightaway grandstand starting after the Fair.

Hearing that Ernie Irvan is racing again, running a Legend Car in the Bojangles Summer Shootout at Charlotte tonight in the Masters division.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It pains me that the Moody Mile is going to die. I've personally been to SDW in some form the last 15 years except for 2008. We will again be in attendance this year for the last real SDW. My Mom & Dad were at the very first SDW on the mile along with my good buddies parents. Fitting that their sons will be at the last one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:39 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I have wanted to go to Super Dirt Week for years but have never made it happen. I think I might have to this year.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hit up Anderson Motor Speedway again last night for the NWAAS twin 40 lappers. Decent racing but a total caution fest. Both the Legends and the 2nd late model race ended under yellow. Took a few videos so I'll cut those together and post a little later on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

King of Wings VII was Saturday night at Oswego... It was, by far (and that's saying something) the worst race I've been to at The Steel Palace. Everything about the entire night sucked cock. Years of Oswego's issue's just sort of boiled over. Never seen a crowd there as venemous and angry as I did Saturday. My wife won't go back. The racing sucked mightily, the ticket price was ridiculous (though I have always paid it and never bitched) the show was mismanaged to a degree I didn't think was possible, even for Oswego (a track that can waste time like none I've ever seen) and the sanctioning body, ISMA, simply failed to, or intentionally did not, call blatant jump start's.

I have on this board and many others, been one of Oswego staunchest supporters. Defenders of their idiotic wastes of time, high ticket prices, small car counts, bad calls, single team or car domination, ridiculous concession prices, etc. I can no longer bring myself to do so. As it stands my buddy and I will be back for Classic Sunday only. That effectively cancels 3 more planned trips for this year and I will only be handing the track over more of my money one more time this year. We'll see what next year brings.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:02 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Hate nights at the track where it ends up being a frustrating experience, the thing that annoys me the most is when tracks waste time and don't move the show along.

I'd say I made a good decision going to Fulton that night instead of Oswego, but Fulton had their own problems. The racing was good, and they moved the show right along, but the night was called early after a serious crash in the 4 cylinder feature. Driver Dave DeNova spun out on the backstretch on the first lap and was hit at almost full speed in the driver's door by Justin Buske, both drivers had to be transported to the hospital with DeNova going out by helicopter. Fortunately found out yesterday morning that both drivers had non-life threatening injuries, though DeNova had a lot of broken bones that will probably require multiple surgeries, but was a better outcome than I predicted when I saw the hit, it could have been much worse.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Brad Allen possibly reopening ACE Speedway, again. Track was shut down last month along with Stateline Speedway which was also under Bill Catania's Short Track Management group. Allen ran ACE for several years before STM took over.
http://race22.com/ace-speedway-to-resum ... rad-allen/

Mountain View Speedway possibly to be shut down due to noise complaints. This would the second track in recent years here in NC to be shut down due to noise. The first being Tri-County Motor Speedway (because a person, moved to the area near by the track, and started to make complaints. That is what I hate, a race track has been there for how many damn years, then new houses are built and people complain because "they didn't know about it")
http://www.wataugademocrat.com/watauga/ ... 4.facebook

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racer612008 wrote:
Mountain View Speedway possibly to be shut down due to noise complaints. This would the second track in recent years here in NC to be shut down due to noise. The first being Tri-County Motor Speedway (because a person, moved to the area near by the track, and started to make complaints. That is what I hate, a race track has been there for how many damn years, then new houses are built and people complain because "they didn't know about it")
http://www.wataugademocrat.com/watauga/ ... 4.facebook

This track is near Boone?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 64140 Next