TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 159 60 61 62 63140 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:17 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Catchfences at local tracks just dont do the job like the should imo. The only thing that kept that car out of the grandstands was the lightpole.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looked like the bin still went into the crowd, that could probably give someone a nasty injury if it hit them in the wrong place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The lightpole helped, but I'm not so sure it would've made it into the stands. While the fencing is inadequate, Star has a double layer of fence down on the bottom.

The trash can just barely missed that mom and her kid in the front row.

Luckily, those are the small block supers that Star runs weekly. Had that been the ISMA cars they'd have been going 10-15mph faster than that and the result might have been very different. Still, scary ride.

Second super in as many years to get into the catchfence. Had a non-wing car hop and wheel and hit the fence at Oswego last year. Their fence isn't any better but the outer wall is a lot taller.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Highlights from last night's Dirt Late Model Dream prelim @ Eldora, tonight is the second night of the prelims before Saturday night's Dirt Late Model Dream. Eldora is also PPV streaming the DLM Dream for the same price as a general admission ticket tonight and tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Highlights from the Dirt Late Model Dream A-Main. Some controversy at the end as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:51 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Started 3rd and finished 9th in my first PASS Super Late Model start. 150 lapper at South Boston.

Kaz Grala led every lap in the KBM #51...

Cup equipment in a SLM series. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Season opener for the first 2 rounds of the Summer Shootout at Charlotte was last night & tonight. Wasn't able to run this week (most likely not going to be able to run most of the series this year but for the last few weeks of the season) and didn't go either night this week to watch. Heard car count was pretty low for some divisions (13 in Legends Pros, 20 in Semi Pro/Young Lions, 12 in Masters, 20 in Bando Bandits/Outlaws) compared to past years of the series (30 to 45+ just a few years ago when I started out racing). I know alot of other tracks would love to have that amount of cars showing up but it is kinda sad to see.

zippy wrote:
Started 3rd and finished 9th in my first PASS Super Late Model start. 150 lapper at South Boston.

I got a feeling your going to get a win or 2 pretty soon. Been rooting for ya.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:44 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2nd feature for the Novelis Supermodifieds at Oswego last night ended up with a dead heat finish!
:flag:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

First time I can ever remember that happening.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:22 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Well my first year as race director is going pretty well, though I have had to take on some extra roles. We lost our computer scorer over the off season, and the person we tapped to replace her didn't work out, so I have been running the scoring as well as doing the race director role, took a week or two to get the rhythm down on doing both jobs, but it's working pretty well. I couldn't do both and run the scoreboard/lap counter though, so we recruited a 10 year old kid to do that and he has become my little protege. I've been teaching him about racing as he had only been to a couple races prior to this year, now I've started to let him help with the computer scoring.

Also have got to work with some of the Dirtcar officials, including Mike Perrotte who I have a lot of respect for, as we had a series race for the Sportsman a few weeks ago and had a good turnout with 40+ cars. Last week we had the Go Nuclear Late Models in town, which brought a nice field of 38 cars, they had their own race director as Dean Reynolds from ESS has taken on that position so I was able to focus on the scoring aspect which included figuring out how to run group time trials as they did that for the first time ever to set heat race lineups. Our next race is July 3 with the Empire Super Sprints, so I'm looking forward to that, will get to work with John Tifft again as he is their race director.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just catching up on the news now, but it sounds as if there was a very serious at Lebanon Valley's Eve of Destruction last night.

Edit: unfortunately someone was killed during what appears to be the trailer race

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Video of the fatal accident:

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wonder who's bright idea it was to use what looks like an unmodified RV as the target in a gauntlet race. Usually its heavily reinforced vans and short buses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

K_Sherman wrote:
Wonder who's bright idea it was to use what looks like an unmodified RV as the target in a gauntlet race. Usually its heavily reinforced vans and short buses.

That would be Howie Commander.

There's been talk for years in some circles to get rid of these shows all together due to their needless danger and the potential for a black eye to local short track racing. And here it is. Fools in the local news actually asked if the remainder of the scheduled events for July would take place in the wake of the tragedy... As if the Eve of Destruction had the least little bit to do with a regualr Saturday night show.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's always cringe-worthy watching the local news talk about the local racing scene.

I used to go to the EoD every season when I lived close to the track. Saw some shocking incidents (peoples helmets flying off mid-crash, etc) but never anyone get seriously hurt or killed. It was just a matter of time really.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:00 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

EoD type events and enduros always seem like a recipe for disaster, seen a lot of close calls, but they can draw a lot of people and different types of fans so I get why they exist.

On a different front, I was at Rolling Wheels last night helping out in the pits and running lineups down, even got to watch the modified feature from the officials tower and assist a little there. It was kind of fun getting to see everything that goes into running a show of that size, including the TV side as it will be broadcast in August on MAVTV. Night didn't go as smoothly as we would have liked, too much rain made for sloppy conditions, and the track was a little rough, all though not terrible given the amount of rain. There was one pretty nasty wreck in the feature as Jessy Mueller went end over end going into turn three, he was ok, but I'm not sure if TV caught it, I just barely saw the start of it out of the corner of my eye.

Can-Am was a little flooded yesterday, but our track prep guy wasn't too worried about it when I talked to him at RW so I think we'll have our usual smooth, tacky and fast track for the sprints on Friday, laptimes should be pretty quick, looking forward to that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

joha107 wrote:
On a different front, I was at Rolling Wheels last night helping out in the pits and running lineups down, even got to watch the modified feature from the officials tower and assist a little there. It was kind of fun getting to see everything that goes into running a show of that size, including the TV side as it will be broadcast in August on MAVTV. Night didn't go as smoothly as we would have liked, too much rain made for sloppy conditions, and the track was a little rough, all though not terrible given the amount of rain. There was one pretty nasty wreck in the feature as Jessy Mueller went end over end going into turn three, he was ok, but I'm not sure if TV caught it, I just barely saw the start of it out of the corner of my eye.

I saw a FB post 2 days ago of the flip from someone watching one of the cameras, they barely got it from one of the still cameras I thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:54 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

so the KOMA Unwind Modified Madness Tour was going to race at Hickory tomorrow, but they already postponed it due to a possible chance of rain in the forecast.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 5033827310

John Hunter Nemechek and Sterling Marlin have entered the Masters of the Pros 144 at Lebanon I-44
http://speed51.com/marlin-nemechek-top- ... e-pros-144

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Heard that last night's Super DiRTcar Series race at Canandaigua was a thriller.

Speaking of Super DiRTcar, some highlights from Oshweken last week

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kenny Wallace is supposedly racing this Tuesday night at Albany-Saratoga for Brett Hearn's big show. I'm going to try to go.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 159 60 61 62 63140 Next