TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3083 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1149 150 151 152 153155 Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:10 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fish88 wrote:
King of the Hill sucks I wanna see Simpsons directly.

wrong

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They should build a roof over Daytona. No direct sun = Great racing and no rain = full race.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

yes i know about nascar, talk about me what u want, but everyone has his own opinion, every motorsport in the world --- except nascar--- tyres for all wheather kinds, i mean really that is, im just speachless, but i find that very wrong, what if heavy rain falls in next nasacar race, and they done only five laps, and they declare the winner in those 5 laps that they raced, would that sound good to u, they would drove just 5 lousy laps and thats it -- would you complain about that, tell me...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:11 am 
Trackmaster93 wrote:
For those whining about stock cars and no rain tires, a grooved tire isn't going to hold up to 100+ MPH on 31 degrees of banking. :flag:

They wouldnt be doing 100+ mph though would they!

rgordon, i believe the rule only applies to that particular caution. He got the penalty and then a caution later got the lucky dog, not on the caution that he got the lucky dog.

Anyway, correct me if im wrong (possibly) but did Earnhardt actually get a lucky dog. Im prepared to be proven wrong but i think he was ahead of the leader when the yellow came out and thus didnt need one!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:12 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Phil R. wrote:
Where did Regan Smith end up?

21st

As far as this thread goes, HoF fo' sure

Silver Member
Silver Member

alex1369 wrote:
yes i know about nascar, talk about me what u want, but everyone has his own opinion, every motorsport in the world --- except nascar--- tyres for all wheather kinds, i mean really that is, im just speachless, but i find that very wrong, what if heavy rain falls in next nasacar race, and they done only five laps, and they declare the winner in those 5 laps that they raced, would that sound good to u, they would drove just 5 lousy laps and thats it -- would you complain about that, tell me...

The race has to be at least 1 lap past halfway for them to call it. If it rained in lap 5, they would have to postpone it to the next day without rain.

Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

alex1369 wrote:

No, then they would just postpone the race to the following day.

alex1369 wrote:

A race has to go 50% for it to be declared official. Otherwise they would wait until the track dried again.

This place is Purile and Childish
This place is Purile and Childish

alex1369 wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:13 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

alex1369 wrote:

They don't call the race unless it's past halfway :lol:

Slyder wrote:
Amidst the hoopla, I think nobody has realized that AJ Allmendinger was classified 3rd on the standings.

So great job for AJ and those guys.

I did (pg. 113):

Dirac wrote:
Allmendinger is in 3rd. :thumbsup:

Great run for him and for Kenseth, I guess. Lame finish nevertheless. After this, I'm probably skipping California.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

alex1369 wrote:

The race isn't over until they race 50%+1 of the total laps

And how can't you understand that they can't race in the rain in an oval.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:14 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Anyone got a video of that race at Dover in 83 or 84 where is started raining really bad and they had to race their way around for one lap to take the :flag: ?

We need that video.

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I can't believe people are giving this guy serious answers :lol:

Silver Member
Silver Member

Trackmaster93 wrote:
Phil R. wrote:
Where did Regan Smith end up?

21st

As far as this thread goes, HoF fo' sure

I was hoping he'd at least get a top 20, although he woul'dve probably been involved in a wreck before the end.

HoF indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumifan wrote:

"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Schumifan wrote:

I'm hitting myself for that.

Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Schumifan wrote:

Perhaps he might learn something.

Of course we could talk about what really happens, Everyone knows the magic rain pixies carry the cars around the track and make the race the best ever.

PAXTON, its not quite 'cant'. More 'wont', for a number of reasons (no tires that'll hold up to it, visibility, tradition, safety, etc). I guess its the same as Cricket, they wont play Cricket in the wet though im positive, with a decent set of shoes there is no reason why you couldnt, and infact in the short form of the game they regularly play in a bit of rain (not heavy, obviously).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

no matter if all have to drive 20 km/h trough the bankings, a race is a race, if rain bothers nascar, here is the solution -- let them make on all nascar tracks roofs, so nothing wet falls down -- there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race the whole day in dry and noo rain tyres needed

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3083 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1149 150 151 152 153155 Next