TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:51 am 

From Jayksi:

Quote:
Yates and HOF partner up, new sponsor:: Hall of Fame Racing [#96] and Yates Racing [#28, #38, #98], are forging a relationship that is expected to include sponsorship from Ask.com, one of the few companies with new money to spend in the sport.(Sports Business Journal), no other details mentioned.(1-12-2009)

Very strange. I thought HOF was a Gibbs satellite team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

More like a customer team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:07 am 
Tuck wrote:
From Jayksi:

Quote:
Yates and HOF partner up, new sponsor:: Hall of Fame Racing [#96] and Yates Racing [#28, #38, #98], are forging a relationship that is expected to include sponsorship from Ask.com, one of the few companies with new money to spend in the sport.(Sports Business Journal), no other details mentioned.(1-12-2009)

Very strange. I thought HOF was a Gibbs satellite team.

Not anymore.

I had heard musings that HoF might have been switching to Ford next year anyway, though I really can't remember.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 am 
The Yates-HoF deal has been confirmed. While the teams will still be two separate entities, Hall of Fame Racing will move operations to the Yates Racing shop and switch to Ford.

Quote:
UPDATE: Yates Racing and Hall of Fame Racing (HOF) announced an alignment of their two teams. Under the agreement, Yates Racing will operate the #96 Sprint Cup entry of Hall of Fame Racing for the full 2009 Sprint Cup schedule. Doug Yates and Max Jones will continue as co-owners of Yates Racing, while Tom Garfinkel and Jeff Moorad will continue as co-owners of Hall of Fame Racing. With the recent expansion of the Yates Racing facilities, the #96 Ford Fusion will operate out of the Yates Racing complex, located in Concord, N.C. “This partnership with Hall of Fame is a great stepping stone for the Yates organization,” said Max Jones, co-owner and General Manager of Yates Racing. “Through this partnership, we are able to continue the expansion of our shop and field another Sprint Cup entry. We, along with Ford Racing, welcome Hall of Fame Racing and look forward to a very successful season.”
“Jeff Moorad and I knew it would take time to construct the right model to improve our competitive position in the sport and we think we’ve come a long way to achieving that through our association with Yates Racing,” said Tom Garfinkel, co-owner of Hall of Fame Racing. “We’re proud to be associated with Doug and Max and Ford Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.” The Hall of Fame Racing entry will make its competitive debut at Daytona International Speedway on Thursday, February 12 during the Gatorade 150 qualifying races.(Yates Racing PR)(1-13-2009) Comment here

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:06 am 

Crashman wrote:
The Yates-HoF deal has been confirmed. While the teams will still be two separate entities, Hall of Fame Racing will move operations to the Yates Racing shop and switch to Ford.

Quote:
UPDATE: Yates Racing and Hall of Fame Racing (HOF) announced an alignment of their two teams. Under the agreement, Yates Racing will operate the #96 Sprint Cup entry of Hall of Fame Racing for the full 2009 Sprint Cup schedule. Doug Yates and Max Jones will continue as co-owners of Yates Racing, while Tom Garfinkel and Jeff Moorad will continue as co-owners of Hall of Fame Racing. With the recent expansion of the Yates Racing facilities, the #96 Ford Fusion will operate out of the Yates Racing complex, located in Concord, N.C. “This partnership with Hall of Fame is a great stepping stone for the Yates organization,” said Max Jones, co-owner and General Manager of Yates Racing. “Through this partnership, we are able to continue the expansion of our shop and field another Sprint Cup entry. We, along with Ford Racing, welcome Hall of Fame Racing and look forward to a very successful season.”
“Jeff Moorad and I knew it would take time to construct the right model to improve our competitive position in the sport and we think we’ve come a long way to achieving that through our association with Yates Racing,” said Tom Garfinkel, co-owner of Hall of Fame Racing. “We’re proud to be associated with Doug and Max and Ford Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.” The Hall of Fame Racing entry will make its competitive debut at Daytona International Speedway on Thursday, February 12 during the Gatorade 150 qualifying races.(Yates Racing PR)(1-13-2009) Comment here

I think this might be the ride Mike Wallace was talking about. He subbed for ricky rudd two years ago so he has a relationship with the team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Does HOF have a sponsor?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:17 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

WTF??

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlin ... index.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought he had a deal with Ganassi/DEI. That sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:22 am 
Then how does that explain sightings of him at EGR?

If it's true though (Which it sounds like it is), then Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:48 am 

:ohmy: well that sucks. bobby should just retire now to save his career from humility

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

career suicide.

Why not just find a full time NNS ride or a Truck ride full time? I hate to see such a great career pissed on like this....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Why the hell Earnhardt/Ganassi let him go?

I don't think they'd prefer Almirola instead of Labonte in a full time ride.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BlueCelicaTRD wrote:
Why not just find a full time NNS ride or a Truck ride full time? I hate to see such a great career pissed on like this....

Yeah, i'll rather see him in a full time ride in the trucks that in that shit of a team. Expect him to struggle to get the #96 in the starting grid most of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:10 am 

While I don't think it's a great career move for Bobby, I just wanna say its cool having him "aboard." :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I can't share the same enthusiasm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PAXTON wrote:
BlueCelicaTRD wrote:

Yeah, i'll rather see him in a full time ride in the trucks that in that shit of a team. Expect him to struggle to get the #96 in the starting grid most of the year.

Do like Bobby Hamilton did. Look how well he did in the truck series his first few years after his Cup career.... you know Bobby would be able to pull a sponsor for that series given his career. Seriously, why would you leave Petty (GEM) for HoF!????? I mean it's one thing if the team is with Gibbs help but now with Yates help.... Fuck man....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BlueCelicaTRD wrote:
I mean it's one thing if the team is with Gibbs help but now with Yates help.... Fuck man....

It's not like they were a decent team with Gibbs help, though. Imagine now with Yates'.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:37 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PAXTON wrote:
BlueCelicaTRD wrote:
I mean it's one thing if the team is with Gibbs help but now with Yates help.... Fuck man....

It's not like they were a decent team with Gibbs help, though. Imagine now with Yates'.

I don't even want to think about it. Such a fuckin' shame.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:41 am 
PAXTON wrote:
BlueCelicaTRD wrote:

Gibbs cut most of their support to HoF off.

And it's hard to have a decent team when you're spearheaded by fucking J.J Yeley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:23 am 

With the team under Yates eye, I don't think it will be as bad as it was in 08. Infact, Daytona should be a blast for those cars. the 38 and 28 race great at Talladega untill the big crash.