TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:19 am 
Hell, Kvapil could have won both Talladega races. It could've been anyone's race on the last lap in the Spring.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:38 am 

I think the most boggling question on the matter is obvious: Sponsorship from Ask.com?

What?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:33 am 

PAXTON wrote:
Why the hell Earnhardt/Ganassi let him go?

I don't think they'd prefer Almirola instead of Labonte in a full time ride.

Almirola has talent and he has his whole future ahead of him. He's already had one team piss him off (Gibbs), and he left almost immediately. Why should EGR do the same thing and lose him? Labonte only has 2-3 years left in him, and he may very well never win another race.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:33 am 

Tuck wrote:
I think the most boggling question on the matter is obvious: Sponsorship from Ask.com?

What?

Reminds me a bit of Big Daddy's BBQ Sauce... :ohmy:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:18 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Yeah, let's see if Ask.com actually pays their bills.

How many teams did Big Daddy's fail to pay?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:34 pm 
So what happens now with Roush giving one of their teams to Yates? Might be a problem if Yates are stretched as it is effectively running 4 cars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Joey wrote:

They had to screw at least 5 teams throughout the 3 series'. I was never comfortable with a ".com" sponsorship either.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:10 pm 

JB-F1 wrote:
So what happens now with Roush giving one of their teams to Yates? Might be a problem if Yates are stretched as it is effectively running 4 cars

Most speculation I've read seems to indicate Gilliland getting the boot, which I think would be the best choice. I hope they hold on to the #28/Kvapil team... he really did big things given the resources the team had. They ran much better than Dale Jarrett in 2006 and Ricky Rudd in 2007.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:38 pm 

JB-F1 wrote:

As long as HoF stays HoF and Yates stays Yates, they can add a 4th true-Yates car. Look at what Boris Said and Roush have got going on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:20 pm 
zabmoto17 wrote:
JB-F1 wrote:

As long as HoF stays HoF and Yates stays Yates, they can add a 4th true-Yates car. Look at what Boris Said and Roush have got going on.

Yeah, I know they can by the rules, but surely they can't afford it. They still haven't even got sponsorship for the 28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:36 am 
Joey wrote:

IIRC Ask.com is a subsidiary of IAC

This isn't like RICHARD JOHNS IN THE #60 HAVFUN.COM TOJOT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aric Almirola is a highly underrated shit driver, who's reputation is saved only by his Cuban blood and his awesome name

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:35 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Quote:
UPDATE - Ask.com Enters NASCAR with Multi-Faceted Partnerships: Ask.com, a leading search engine and an operating business of IAC, announced it has entered into partnerships NASCAR, NASCAR.com, and Hall of Fame Racing. Under the terms of the partnership with NASCAR, Ask becomes the Official Search Engine of NASCAR, with category exclusivity and a broad set of promotional rights in order to reach the sport’s estimated 75 million loyal fans.
“As part of our strategy to go deeper into the highest-volume categories and provide the best answer, the first time, every time, we want to be the first place fans search online for NASCAR information,” said Ask.com Chief Executive Officer Jim Safka. “Through these partnerships, we will break new ground by applying our semantic search technology capabilities to NASCAR-related content while also tapping one of the largest marketing channels in America. Our goal is to win over the millions of loyal fans by providing them with the best NASCAR search experience on the Web, and introduce them to all of Ask’s capabilities when they come.”
Ask.com’s agreement with Hall of Fame Racing will make Ask the primary sponsor of the #96 Ask Ford in the Sprint Cup Series, the sport’s premier level, giving the brand a frequent presence in front of NASCAR’s massive at-track crowds and broadcast audiences. Former NASCAR Cup Series champion Bobby Labonte will pilot the car in 2009, beginning with the Daytona 500 in February. Ask.com is also in discussions with NASCAR-sanctioned track operators and media rights holders to identify strategic opportunities that will allow the brand to reach the sport’s 75 million fans through on- and off-line channels during the 2009 NASCAR season, including at-track displays and in-arena media. Tom Garfinkel, Owner, Hall of Fame Racing: “Jeff Moorad and I are excited to add Ask.com as a primary sponsor on the #96 car. We’ve been working closely with Ask.com for several weeks now, and their talented management team has come up with more creative ideas to serve NASCAR fans than I’ve seen in a long time. With our new Yates partnership and having a true champion and class person in Bobby Labonte behind the wheel, we’re expecting great things on the race track as well.”
Bobby Labonte, Driver of the #96 Ask.com Ford: “I’m excited to be part of what Ask.com is bringing to our sport. In a time like this, it’s great to see a sponsor come in with technology and ideas that will help all of the competitors in NASCAR and enhance the experience for all of our fans, no matter which driver or team they cheer for.”(Ask.com/Taylor PR)(1-14-2009) Comment here

It looks like Ask.com might actually turn out to be a semi-dedicated sponsor, becoming the Official Search Engine of Nascar, unless they bail out(which could still easily happen.)

I personally think Bobby will have an okay year, Yates equipment is probably better than Pettys equipment, but HOF needs to get a solid management before they even think about being successful.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:50 pm 
Looks like they can't even afford 4 cars - Gilliland is out
Quote:
Gilliland out? David Gilliland appears to be the odd man out at Yates Racing, where the team says it will field three cars following its new partnership agreement with Hall of Fame Racing. Along with Paul Menard’s #98 [which supposedly would get the owners points from the #38] and Bobby Labonte’s #96, Travis Kvapil’s #28 team is expected to remain while Gilliland and the #38 appear to be out. “I just heard of the thing today, from the Internet, so that’s what I assume,” Gilliland said Wednesday afternoon. “I haven’t actually had a sit-down with them, but I’m still under contract with them through 2009. So we’re just going to have to work through it, and hopefully, we can get something else going.” Gilliland said he’s sorting through the contract and seeing what he’s able to do and what the next step could be, but he understands that the current economic climate makes it tough. He was “a little bit” shocked that he is now likely without a ride just a few weeks before the Daytona 500 and the start of the new Sprint Cup season. “It’s just kind of a bummer that it’s this late in the [offseason], you know?” he said. “We’ll just have to see what we can come up with and see what we can try and do.”(SceneDaily)(1-15-2009)