TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1492 493 494 495 4961059 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:30 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

FHgrad99 wrote:
I just saw the entry list for the truck race at Martinsville. They've got 42 trucks entered, including one new team. Matt Merrell is going to drive the #35 Chevrolet for Win-Tron Racing. Ryan Truex is going to be in the #27 truck. Tim George Jr. is bringing Applebee's sponsorship to the #93 team. The #60 Turn One Racing truck is entered but there is no driver listed. I'm also surprised that Jeff Choquette isn't entered, I heard on Speed during the Iowa race that they were going to run this race but he's nowhere to be found.

The #10 truck will be withdrawing, Jennifer doesn't have $2000 for valve springs, exhaust rocker arms and retainers. Blake Koch will drive/park the #0 though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:14 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Regan Smith to JRM next year
Quote:
JR Motorsports announced it has reached an agreement with Regan Smith to drive the team's #5 NASCAR Nationwide Series entry full time in 2013. General Manager Kelley Earnhardt Miller said Smith will make his JRM debut this year, as the company will field three teams for the Nov. 17 race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Smith will join teammates Cole Whitt and Danica Patrick in the season finale. Smith has not competed in the Nationwide Series since 2007 when he tallied three top-fives, five top-10s, and a pole award at Kentucky Speedway. Smith's #5 Chevy, to date, is the only JRM entry cemented for a full-season slate in 2013. Earnhardt Miller said the goal of the organization is still to run two full-time teams  the #5 and #7  with addition to Earnhardt Jr. competing in select Nationwide Series races in the #88 car. "We feel it is important for our sponsors, our fans, and even Dale to keep his Nationwide Series number consistent with his Cup number," Earnhardt Miller said. "His brand is associated with the #88. That's what makes him distinguishable on the race track, so it's only natural that he drives the #88 all the time. To do that, we are making our #5 Chevy our full-time entry. We hope to have Cole in the #7 full time in 2013, and we are working hard on securing sponsorship for that.(JR Motorsports)(10-24-2012)

Least hes got a ride

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I still think this is pretty good for him. He's got a shot now in a lower series in good equipment that he can showcase his skills a bit. Hopefully he can go out and win and open even more doors in the cup series in the very near future.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Drew39 wrote:
Regan Smith to JRM next year
Quote:
JR Motorsports announced it has reached an agreement with Regan Smith to drive the team's #5 NASCAR Nationwide Series entry full time in 2013. General Manager Kelley Earnhardt Miller said Smith will make his JRM debut this year, as the company will field three teams for the Nov. 17 race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Smith will join teammates Cole Whitt and Danica Patrick in the season finale. Smith has not competed in the Nationwide Series since 2007 when he tallied three top-fives, five top-10s, and a pole award at Kentucky Speedway. Smith's #5 Chevy, to date, is the only JRM entry cemented for a full-season slate in 2013. Earnhardt Miller said the goal of the organization is still to run two full-time teams  the #5 and #7  with addition to Earnhardt Jr. competing in select Nationwide Series races in the #88 car. "We feel it is important for our sponsors, our fans, and even Dale to keep his Nationwide Series number consistent with his Cup number," Earnhardt Miller said. "His brand is associated with the #88. That's what makes him distinguishable on the race track, so it's only natural that he drives the #88 all the time. To do that, we are making our #5 Chevy our full-time entry. We hope to have Cole in the #7 full time in 2013, and we are working hard on securing sponsorship for that.(JR Motorsports)(10-24-2012)

Least hes got a ride

I'm glad that Regan Smith is getting a chance to race something he can do well in on a weekly basis. I think he can definately contend for the Nationwide Series championship next year.

It looks like it's going to be quite a battle for the Nationwide Series Championship next year. Here are who I think are the early top contenders for that title:

-Trevor Bayne-He's finally getting his chance to run a full Nationwide schedule and he's in a car that has already won a championship.

-Austin Dillon-Looked good in his first full season in the series. I think a full year's worth of experience will make him even stronger next year.

-Regan Smith-Good driver that's getting a shot in a car that's been a winner in the past.

-Justin Allgaier-If he doesn't have some of the bad luck that plagued him this year, he should be a threat.

-Michael Annett-He's my sleeper pick for next year. The #43 team has gotten better and better as the season has gone along. They are close to being a consistant top 5 car. If they have a full season like the second half of this season, look out for them.

I'll add these drivers depending on what happens.

-Elliott Sadler and Brian Vickers-If the rumors of them running full-time for Gibbs next year are true, then they should both be forces to be reckoned with.

-Sam Hornish Jr.-He's come a long way as a stock car driver in the last couple of years. If he is still with Penske next year, he might be a threat.

-Parker Kligermann-There is talk that he might get a full-time Nationwide Series ride with somebody. He's been very solid in the trucks. I think he can have success in the Nationwide Series, depending on what ride he ends up with.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Danica is nothing more than a PR stunt. Johanna and Simona have the talent to run with the best in the right circumstances but Danica is too busy fighting herself. Hate the fact that someone who's only ever done anything because of fuel mileage gets a drive over someone like Regan. And here attempt at "wrecking" Landon was just stupid.

Here is the biggest difference between Danica and Johanna Long. Johanna Long has actually WON something in stock car racing (2010 Snowball Derby). Danica hasn't won anything in a stock car. Give Johanna Long the equipment that Danica has had, and I think she'll consistantly outperform her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:25 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

FHgrad99 wrote:
I'm glad that Regan Smith is getting a chance to race something he can do well in on a weekly basis. I think he can definately contend for the Nationwide Series championship next year.

It looks like it's going to be quite a battle for the Nationwide Series Championship next year. Here are who I think are the early top contenders for that title:

-Trevor Bayne-He's finally getting his chance to run a full Nationwide schedule and he's in a car that has already won a championship.

-Austin Dillon-Looked good in his first full season in the series. I think a full year's worth of experience will make him even stronger next year.

-Regan Smith-Good driver that's getting a shot in a car that's been a winner in the past.

-Justin Allgaier-If he doesn't have some of the bad luck that plagued him this year, he should be a threat.

-Michael Annett-He's my sleeper pick for next year. The #43 team has gotten better and better as the season has gone along. They are close to being a consistant top 5 car. If they have a full season like the second half of this season, look out for them.

I'll add these drivers depending on what happens.

-Elliott Sadler and Brian Vickers-If the rumors of them running full-time for Gibbs next year are true, then they should both be forces to be reckoned with.

-Sam Hornish Jr.-He's come a long way as a stock car driver in the last couple of years. If he is still with Penske next year, he might be a threat.

-Parker Kligermann-There is talk that he might get a full-time Nationwide Series ride with somebody. He's been very solid in the trucks. I think he can have success in the Nationwide Series, depending on what ride he ends up with.

I agree with all of your points here. The future of the Nationwide series, at least for next year, actually looks good for the first time in a while. If Sadler and Vickers are running full time for Gibbs, I expect them to be major players in the championship, but I think Dillon and Smith and Bayne will be impressive as well. I like the concept of decent Cup drivers like Sadler and Smith coming to run competitively in Nationwide, because their careers aren't over and they still have the talent to win races in a competitive car rather than run midpack in a mediocre car.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Another rumor for the Nationwide Series in Canada.

Quote:
Nationwide Series remaining in Canada? The Nationwide Series has perhaps not left Quebec, Canada for good, it could end up in Trois-Rivières, and, starting next year. Discussions were initiated, according to sources, with representatives from NASCAR to maintain a Canadian race on the schedule. The mayor of Trois-Rivières has appointed the chairman of the Grand Prix, Dominic Fugere to conduct these talks. Also, there was some discussion of holding a Nationwide Series race at Mosport next year, but the track does not currently meet the crieteria necessary for a NASCAR race. NASCAR has not disclosed the Nationwide schedule in 2013, which suggests that negotiations are ongoing with various promoters.

While a Nationwide race on a street circuit would be intresting, I don't think Trois-Rivieres would be the best choice for the Nationwide Series. I think that track is too narrow to allow for a lot of passing. I think the tracks that the Indy cars ran in Toronto and Vancouver would be better because they aren't as narrow as Trois-Rivieres.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:23 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Nascar Videos on Youtube at risk?

If anyone views classic and current Nascar races on Youtube. You may have noticed that de31168 has made his videos private while tvspnd1228 had his account banned. Both uploaded many current/classic Nascar races. I'm hoping this isn't the start of Youtube purging Nascar content off the site.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:34 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

FHgrad99 wrote:
Another rumor for the Nationwide Series in Canada.

Quote:
Nationwide Series remaining in Canada? The Nationwide Series has perhaps not left Quebec, Canada for good, it could end up in Trois-Rivières, and, starting next year. Discussions were initiated, according to sources, with representatives from NASCAR to maintain a Canadian race on the schedule. The mayor of Trois-Rivières has appointed the chairman of the Grand Prix, Dominic Fugere to conduct these talks. Also, there was some discussion of holding a Nationwide Series race at Mosport next year, but the track does not currently meet the crieteria necessary for a NASCAR race. NASCAR has not disclosed the Nationwide schedule in 2013, which suggests that negotiations are ongoing with various promoters.

While a Nationwide race on a street circuit would be intresting, I don't think Trois-Rivieres would be the best choice for the Nationwide Series. I think that track is too narrow to allow for a lot of passing. I think the tracks that the Indy cars ran in Toronto and Vancouver would be better because they aren't as narrow as Trois-Rivieres.

Lest we forget the last time A NASCAR race was run on a street circuit...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's a shame the cars suck so badly, because that's one hell of a group of drivers that could be running for the N'wide title next year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ferrari wrote:

If anyone views classic and current Nascar races on Youtube. You may have noticed that de31168 has made his videos private while tvspnd1228 had his account banned. Both uploaded many current/classic Nascar races. I'm hoping this isn't the start of Youtube purging Nascar content off the site.

Worst thing since 9/11, if true.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Uh no

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Paul wrote:
Ferrari wrote:

Well, you know, TVSPND1228 had a ton of F1 videos on his channel as well, so that is more likely the reason. Don't know about de31168. All the other channels still appear to be up. Until we start losing a lot more channels and stuff, there's nothing to be too worried about, I'd think.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

simonracer wrote:
Paul wrote:
Ferrari wrote:

Well, you know, TVSPND1228 had a ton of F1 videos on his channel as well, so that is more likely the reason. Don't know about de31168. All the other channels still appear to be up. Until we start losing a lot more channels and stuff, there's nothing to be too worried about, I'd think.

I got a feeling he'd had enough of all the morons who demanded certain races be uploaded, going by one or two comments on other people's YouTube pages.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dick Trickle wrote:
I got a feeling he'd had enough of all the morons who demanded certain races be uploaded, going by one or two comments on other people's YouTube pages.

Was that de31168? I don't blame him. It's unfortunate that we are losing these channels, but I don't think it's any cause for concern regarding YouTube removing NASCAR videos.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah it was. Shame too, he had some great stuff on his channel.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yehhhhh I wonder what kind of repercussions would come with such a thing. I have a ton of race recaps on my channel, and I'd hope they'd at least give me a heads up before going ahead and giving me copyright strikes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It wouldn't be YouTube removing the videos on there own. It is NASCAR telling YouTube to remove them. If anyone's to blame, it's NASCAR. God forbid anyone watch a BUSCH race from 1994 or a WINSTON CUP race from 1991.

I know I've bitched about his before but god damn I wish NASCAR or INDY CAR would come up with a digital streaming service for old races. I'd pay good money per month for that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh I know that, YouTube is just the service. It's the music, TV and movie giants that control it and tell it what goes and what doesn't. Not sure if NASCAR has had any change of heart about it or what, or if the new deal with Fox affects the YouTube stuff, but I'm not too worried about that yet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Havn't kept up with youtube in a few months, sad to hear about de31168's situation.

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1492 493 494 495 4961059 Next