TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1377 378 379 380 3811059 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Whether candy or cigarettes, the only person responsible for their effects on you is you. Sure M&Ms can make you fat and sick if you eat them by the bucketload, but for the most part that happens because people are idiots. Trying to paint M&Ms as hypocritical for frowning upon Kyle Busch's actions is really stretching it, and if you're implying the human race would be better off without candy, then my 8 year old self would like to kick you in the nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mar's is just bowing to popular opinion this time, didn't hear them say jack shit when he got busted 3x the speed limit a few months back did we?

Or maybe they genuinely are sick to the back teeth of him like the rumors suggest and this is just the straw that broke the camels back...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Paul wrote:
Chris A wrote:
You can eat candy in moderation with no ill effects. Every cigarette is bad for you, even of only a little.

In the end, it still comes down to choices.

Absolutely, but I was just trying to point out that it's a bit unfair to paint the two products with the same "unhealthy" brush.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:00 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Jesus Christ I'm glad I posted in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Kyle Busch out of ride for rest of 2011? on the website, tireball.com is reporting.....the rumors and if they are true, like they appear to be, then Kyle Busch is out of a ride until Daytona and now without sponsorship. Busch was parked this [last] week at Texas due to actions in the Camping World Truck Series when he wrecked fellow competitor Ron Hornaday under caution.(tireball.com).
AND in Twitter, SceneDaily's Bob Pockrass reports in a few Tweets:
NASCAR has given Kyle the OK to race. It's in the hands of the sponsor and the team.
On Kyle Busch: JGR still hasn't confirmed if he'll race Cup at PIR. I lean toward he'll race but wouldn't be surprised either way.
For those asking about Kyle and PIR, I think more likely he races than not, but JGR has yet to confirm that he will race.
AND II the weekly race preview for JGR/Kyle Busch has not been released as of yet when it usually comes out on Tuesday.
for all the information, statements, and updates on NASCAR's parking of Busch over the weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, this is weird... an age-verifier on an M&M's merch site??

http://www.mms.com/us/racing/gear/index.jsp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre wrote:
Well, this is weird... an age-verifier on an M&M's merch site??

http://www.mms.com/us/racing/gear/index.jsp

I think it's so kids can't buy stuff? I think it's like those TV commercials where they're advertising some kids thing, then say get your parents permission blah blah.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I suppose... not sure how long it's been that way though. For all we know it's been like that since '08! *shrugs*

Still, if it wasn't, then all of a sudden it is, *that* would be strange. Even though this is a potentially huge news story developing, I've gotta stop reading into everything I see!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

and the rumors continue...

EDIT: Sandeep Banerjee also posted his in the Phoenix thread.

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The fallout from Kyle Busch's road rage at Texas continued Thursday when one of his sponsors asked for him to be removed from the season-ending Nationwide Series race, The Associated Press is reporting.

Multiple people familiar with Busch's schedule told the AP that Z-Line Designs asked this week that Denny Hamlin replace Busch in next weekend's Nationwide race at Homestead. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because Busch's future was still being discussed Thursday with sponsors and Joe Gibbs Racing.

Among the options being considered is Aric Almirola replacing Busch in the final two Sprint Cup Series races of the season, as primary sponsor M&M's decides how it wants to proceed with Busch.

Although NASCAR has cleared Busch to race this weekend at Phoenix, JGR officials have been silent on his status in Sunday's Cup race.

Busch has been off the track since he intentionally wrecked Ron Hornaday Jr. under caution in the early laps of the Nov. 4 Truck Series race at Texas.

Busch has admitted he lost control of his temper, and has since apologized. NASCAR suspended him from all racing at Texas, and this week fined him $50,000 and placed him on probation through the end of the year.

Busch, who seemed unrepentant after the accident, admitted losing his temper.

"I lost my cool, no doubt about it," he said. "I've been wrecked four weeks in a row, and I've had enough of it, and I retaliated. So it's certainly my fault for doing that. If everybody wants to say, 'Hornaday is racing for a championship, roll over,' that's not my fashion. That's not anybody else's fashion out here."

His tone changed considerably a day later, after NASCAR "parked" him from all competition at Texas.

"I've had a lot of time today to sit and reflect, and try to put my thoughts into words as best I can," he wrote in a lengthy apology posted Saturday on the Kyle Busch Motorsports website. "I want to sincerely apologize for my actions during Friday night's Truck Series race at Texas."

It's been a tremendous fall for the 26-year-old Busch, who just two months ago was the favorite to win his first Sprint Cup championship.

He opened the 10-race Chase for the Sprint Cup tied with rival Kevin Harvick for the top seed based on his four regular-season victories. But he again faltered in the opening Chase races and was never a serious title contender.

This latest problem comes at the end of what's been a rough year for Busch, who actually had made huge strides in showing more maturity and patience both on and off the track. But he still had many missteps, including one on pit road with Harvick at Darlington that earned him a $25,000 fine.

Busch also lost his North Carolina driver's license and was fined $1,000 for driving 128 mph in a 45-mph zone in May. He also was ordered to do 30 hours of community service and serve a year of unsupervised probation.

Busch was also in a confrontation in the garage with rival team owner Richard Childress, and was fined $150,000 by NASCAR for his actions.

Busch also had contact with Elliott Sadler during a Bristol Trucks race in August, then intentionally wrecked Sadler a few minutes later as retaliation. Sadler drives for Harvick, a longtime Busch rival, in the Nationwide Series.

In his apology Saturday, Busch noted that his missteps have undone all the progress he's made in maturing this season.

"Through a lot of support from the people around me, I feel like I've made a lot of strides this year, but this was certainly a step backward," he wrote. "Moving forward, I will do everything I possibly can to represent everyone involved in a positive manner. However, I know my long-term actions will have more of a bearing than anything I say right now."

Busch is one of NASCAR's most successful and polarizing drivers. He has 104 victories spanning NASCAR's top three national series, and consistently dominates in both the Nationwide and Trucks Series.

This year, Busch has four wins in the Cup Series, eight in Nationwide and six in Trucks. He drives for his own Trucks Series team, and said last month he'll field a Nationwide team next season and planned to drive for himself in some of those races.

But he's disliked by some fans for everything from his success, his feuds with Harvick and others and his aggressive on-track attitude.

Although JGR has not said if Busch's job is in jeopardy, he has been fired before. Hendrick Motorsports let him go at the end of the 2007 season, when the team made room to sign Dale Earnhardt Jr.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/nationwide/story/_/id/7215280/report-sponsor-wants-kyle-busch-replaced-denny-hamlin-homestead-nationwide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I imagine we will know today if he's in or out?

Kinda sucks that they will go with Aric Almirola instead of Michael Mcdowell though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I swear if Aric is in line to win the race and then JGR replace him with Kyle..........

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I did a twitter search on the Subject of Kyle Busch. It lead to something on Facebook called Scott Pickett Designs

Quote:
UPDATE KYLE BUSCH: Sources are now saying that employees of TDS (No idea what that is anyone on tbk know?) Wraps are being flown out to Phoenix to re wrap the #18 Sprint Cup primary and back-up cars.. M&M's is apparently off of the car effective immediately.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://tdswraps.com/

Guess it means JGR have chosen Kyle over the sponsor.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That is Crazy if it is true.

Marty Smith thinks the sponsor will be Interstate Batteries for the final two races. That was just said on NASCAR Now.

Really dumb of JGR if they pick Kyle over a sponsor willing to foot the bill for the majority of a race season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I know a driver that needs a sponsor.. c'mon M&Ms/Mars, go to the #17!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:19 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Racefan4ever wrote:
Really dumb of JGR if they pick Kyle over a sponsor willing to foot the bill for the majority of a race season.

Agreed, especially in this economy. Not to mention with so much spiraling around him it'll be hard to find another primary sponsor if he stays put. I honestly thing JGR would be better off as an organization if they cut him loose and put forward another driver whos actually appreciative of the opportunity. Let Kyle pick up the pieces of the mess he's created and find himself another ride. Still suppose we wont know for sure until someone actually confirms whats going on.

Whatever may be the case if he stays with a different sponsor or ends up in a second-tier ride in 2012, I do believe if this doesn't change Kyles on and off track demeanor for the better, I dont know what will. This is pretty much his last chance to actually mature in order to come back from this disaster he's caused himself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wow if true. Mars is a huge company. I don't see how Interstate Batteries can replace the money that Mars was probably paying.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:29 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Quote:
BROOKLYN, Mich. (Nov. 10, 2011) ­— Michigan International Speedway is paving the way for the exciting return of NASCAR to Michigan in 2012. The fourth repave project in the track’s 44-year history is complete.

“Since the track is so much smoother, it has now created a level playing field for all competitors and all teams,” Roger Curtis, president of MIS, explained. “Some teams have a larger book of historical information about the track from past events. All this data can now be thrown out the window because the new, smooth surface will mean the less experienced teams have just as much knowledge of the new surface as the larger, more experienced super-teams.”

http://www.catchfence.com/2011/arca/11/10/mis-repave-project-complete/

:flag:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Maybe JGR can get TapouT to sponsor Kyle.

Douchebag sponsor, douchebag driver, it's a total win-win!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 pm 

Mars is more of a family sponsor. Given his popularity (good or bad), I don't think Kyle Busch will have trouble finding a more adult-type sponsor. Perhaps Crown Royal - never understood why they sponsored boring Matt Kensleth anyway...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1377 378 379 380 3811059 Next