TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1421 422 423 424 4251059 Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Daddy will pay the Lawyers fees, he'll be at Daytona and get off with Probation

Saw Brian Vickers and Travis Kvapil are up for the same ride with a team with no name. Kind of funny.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Racefan4ever wrote:

Saw Brian Vickers and Travis Kvapil are up for the same ride with a team with no name. Kind of funny.

Heard Burger King will sponsor them, since the team owner operates a bunch of franchises, similar to what Front Row and Taco Bell/Long John Silvers has been doing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cartman wrote:
Racefan4ever wrote:

Heard Burger King will sponsor them, since the team owner operates a bunch of franchises, similar to what Front Row and Taco Bell/Long John Silvers has been doing.

Some Money is better than no money. Hope Cassil and whoever can run in the top 30.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Temiree wrote:
I don't understand and people can piss away opportunities like that. I guess they just don't know how good they got it.

Because they're idiots. It's a shame people keep giving Townley a chance when it's been shown he just hasn't got it. I know several drivers in ARCA who would love the get the opportunity that Townley got and wouldn't squander it by driving under the influence.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LOL JWT
Quote:
John Wes Townley will be suspended by RAB Racing for an indeterminate number of races in the aftermath of his Tuesday arrest for DUI in his home state of Georgia. Townley crashed his 2012 BMW into a telephone pole Tuesday; his second alcohol-related incident in the last two years.

Sources close to the team say RAB Racing co-owner Robby Benton has informed Townley that he will not drive the team’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entry at Daytona as scheduled, and will serve a multi-race suspension. He may also be required to complete a substance abuse program before returning to the cockpit.

Kenny Wallace, who will drive for RAB Racing in both the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series at Daytona, expressed disappointment in his teammate. “We brought John Wes into RAB Racing to make him a better person, more than a better driver,” said Wallace. “My job was to tutor him into being a better race car driver and I wasn’t even given an opportunity to start. I’m very, very disappointed in him. If he was my kid, I’d beat his butt. That boy was given a great opportunity by Robbie Benton and his race team, and for him to squander the opportunity before he even got on the race track is pretty demoralizing.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:27 pm 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Dumb. So dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What a loser...most up and coming kids would kill for ONE oppurtunity to go racing, this goof off had one chance crashed every car in the stable and somehow got signed this year and he screws it up this way?? I hope this is the end of a worthless career.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:36 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well Im sure some drivers are breathing a sigh of relief of not having to worry about having JWT wreck into them every week.

But in all seriousness I have no sympathy for him. Blew every opportunity he ever got by driving like shit on track and then blows this one before he even reaches the track.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

As wrong as it is, I did laugh at this Twitter comment:

Someone on Twitter wrote:
Man, John Wes Townley gotta pole before the season even started!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cartman wrote:
LOL JWT
Quote:
John Wes Townley will be suspended by RAB Racing for an indeterminate number of races in the aftermath of his Tuesday arrest for DUI in his home state of Georgia. Townley crashed his 2012 BMW into a telephone pole Tuesday; his second alcohol-related incident in the last two years.

Sources close to the team say RAB Racing co-owner Robby Benton has informed Townley that he will not drive the team’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entry at Daytona as scheduled, and will serve a multi-race suspension. He may also be required to complete a substance abuse program before returning to the cockpit.

Kenny Wallace, who will drive for RAB Racing in both the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series at Daytona, expressed disappointment in his teammate. “We brought John Wes into RAB Racing to make him a better person, more than a better driver,” said Wallace. “My job was to tutor him into being a better race car driver and I wasn’t even given an opportunity to start. I’m very, very disappointed in him. If he was my kid, I’d beat his butt. That boy was given a great opportunity by Robbie Benton and his race team, and for him to squander the opportunity before he even got on the race track is pretty demoralizing.”

Good for Robby Benton to punish Jon Wes Townley for more than what Nascar probably would have. There are a lot of drivers who are better than JWT to pick from.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:38 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The food actually looks kind of decent.

I forgot this was his second offense. Yeah Fuck him and put Mike Skinner or someone who isn't a retard behind the wheel.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm glad Robby Benton is putting his foot down with JWT's off-track idiocy.

Kevin Conway is a bad enough waste of track space, but JWT is even worse because he always costs teams money with the equipment he destroys, regardless of how good or bad it is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Racefan4ever wrote:

I forgot this was his second offense. Yeah Fuck him and put Mike Skinner or someone who isn't a retard behind the wheel.

Mike Skinner is already going to be running a truck at Daytona. He's driving a truck for Eddie Sharp. As far as I know, Mike Bliss and Travis Kvapil might be available for the truck race.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:24 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Racefan4ever wrote:

Actually, Zaxby's is really good. I ate there about a week a go, pretty good chicken. Too bad they've got an absolutely terrible race car driver.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks to Cartman for the quote above from Kenny Wallace. I knew he'd be taking a mentor's role in teaching Townley the ropes (dunno how he would have managed, but anyway), and I knew this wouldn't go over well with him.

Props to him and Robbie Benton not taking any of his shit!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ironically, I don't recall any news of Zaxby's sponsoring JWT this year. Daddy must've got tired of him soiling the company's image with his incompetence.

You know you suck when you make Brent Sherman's Serta-funded failfest look good by comparison.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:42 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Gabriel wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

im just sayin n all

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe A wrote:
Racefan4ever wrote:

Actually, Zaxby's is really good. I ate there about a week a go, pretty good chicken. Too bad they've got an absolutely terrible race car driver.

I'll second this. I get Zaxby's every couple of weeks for lunch. Their chicken is really good, and their Zax's Sauce is amazing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1421 422 423 424 4251059 Next