TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1559 560 561 562 5631060 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I can actually understand why there wouldn't be 70 trucks. I mean to throw something together for a one off dirt event in the truck series probably isn't cost effective for many people. As long as there are quality trucks and drivers and the racing is awesome, that's all I care about.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Someone said that's the preliminary entry list and more might be added later. Hopefully that's the case but I have no qualms about 30 something quality trucks going for 20 spots either.

Onboard with Bloomquist.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would have expected more drivers such as Kenny Wallace who have experience in both dirt and pavement stock cars to be entered. No Josh Richards or John Blankenship?

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

OldAsphalt wrote:
I would have expected more drivers such as John Blankenship or Josh Richards who have experience in both dirt and pavement stock cars to be entered. Instead, we get Bloomquist and Kenny Wallace. Oh well.

Yeah, I was thinking we would see more drivers like that too. I was thinking that Bryan Clauson and AJ Fike, two other USAC drivers who have NASCAR experience would be on the entry list.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm sure there's a ton of drivers that want to do it but the problem is finding owners that want to spend the money on building a truck for this race. If this is successful, I'm sure next years entry list will be much bigger.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm most surprised that Kyle's not driving. He goes off to run all sorts of races yet this is a historically significant race that he might have a good chance to win at, given he's a Prelude winner and he's not entered. Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

lol no, just curious. I have nothing against him running a race like this where he's not got a huge edge on the competition.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:52 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

The "Senna to NASCAR" rumors are starting up again...

Quote:
Bruno Senna looking to test in NASCAR: After stints in Formula One with HRT, Renault and Williams between 2010 and last year, Bruno Senna, the nephew of Grand Prix legend Ayrton Senna switched to sports care at Le Mans with Aston Martin for 2013. The 29-year-old has now told O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper that his options for 2014 are open. "Continuing with Aston Martin is one of the best options I have," said Senna. "But I also want to see if I can test in NASCAR. It was already supposed to happen at the beginning of the year. I am going to have some meetings to see what is the best way forward. I also have options for Indy (cars), stock and NASCAR. What is not lacking is open doors." Senna admitted to having some safety concerns with sports cars, particularly after his teammate Allan Simonsen crashed and died in the recent Le Mans 24 hours.(Autoweek)(7-19-2013)

If only it was 20 years ago and the rumor was discussing "Ayrton Senna", not "Bruno Senna"...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:32 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
NASCAR suspends use of aerial cameras by networks: Friday, NASCAR suspended the use aerial camera systems in response to the accident cause by a Fox camera at Charlotte Motor Speedway. NASCAR's statement: "Pending further investigation of the cable camera system incident during the NASCAR race in Concord, North Carolina in May, NASCAR has decided, in collaboration with its broadcast partners, to suspend all media partner usage of aerial camera systems that hang over race tracks during its sanctioned events. The safety of our competitors and our fans remains NASCAR's number one priority, and until total evaluation and analysis have been completed, usage of this particular technology enhancement and any similar enhancements, has been suspended."(NASCAR)(7-19-2013)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:10 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

tl;dr fuck you FOX.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hotdogger wrote:
I'm most surprised that Kyle's not driving. He goes off to run all sorts of races yet this is a historically significant race that he might have a good chance to win at, given he's a Prelude winner and he's not entered. Image

I can understand why Scott Bloomquist is in one of Kyle Busch's trucks. Bloomquist built the car that Kyle Busch used in the Prelude to the Dream. Odd to see Bloomquist running a number other than his customary #0.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

FHgrad99 wrote:
Hotdogger wrote:

I can understand why Scott Bloomquist is in one of Kyle Busch's trucks. Bloomquist built the car that Kyle Busch used in the Prelude to the Dream. Odd to see Bloomquist running a number other than his customary #0.

Oh well, it wouldn't have looked nice without the awesome schemes that he runs on his DLM's to go with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Cartman wrote:
Quote:
NASCAR suspends use of aerial cameras by networks: Friday, NASCAR suspended the use aerial camera systems in response to the accident cause by a Fox camera at Charlotte Motor Speedway. NASCAR's statement: "Pending further investigation of the cable camera system incident during the NASCAR race in Concord, North Carolina in May, NASCAR has decided, in collaboration with its broadcast partners, to suspend all media partner usage of aerial camera systems that hang over race tracks during its sanctioned events. The safety of our competitors and our fans remains NASCAR's number one priority, and until total evaluation and analysis have been completed, usage of this particular technology enhancement and any similar enhancements, has been suspended."(NASCAR)(7-19-2013)

Time to bring in the hovering octo-cam then...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:53 pm 

Seem to recall CBS tried a mini-heli cam at the '95 Daytona 500.

The key term here is "tried".

They could try that again. Watch it crash and take out Kyle Busch.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dunno, guys... do we trust a NASCAR journalist with the name of Tripp Mickle? If so, ESPN and TNT are out for 2014, NBC is in. Not sure how I would feel about that. TNT was awful, but ESPN with Bestwick was pretty good, I guess.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/SB-B ... ights.aspx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought the contracts were from 2015 onwards?

TNT is a given, they gave that away when they renewed Falling Skies and commissioned The Last Ship (the rumours in scifi land were Falling Skies was going to be cancelled to help fund the NASCAR coverage but then they announced it's renewal).

I could actually do without ESPN, they are useless with their long pauses of silence at the most exciting parts of races, NBC will simply be TNT repackaged.

Fox has been trying to get more races too, so a 3 way split wasn't logical, first half on Fox, last half on NBC, like it was before TNT/ESPN got their hands on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bob Pockrass on Twitter hinted the possibility of NBC obtaining the rights to half the schedule, iirc.

Consequently, I'm assuming there will be some NASCAR programming added to NBC Sports Network to compete with
Fox Sports 1. If neither network takes off, NASCAR might have well fucked themselves with the TV deal. NBC spent the bigger cash than ESPN, so they should at least be willing to improve NBCSN.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Honestly, NBCSN is a pretty good channel. They just need some more high profile sports, or, perhaps, more live low profile sports.

Hello NBCSN, go cover some fucking USAC damnit... Or WoO, or DIRT. Take this oppurtunity to pick up where SPEED is going to drop the ball by alienating the fans (the ones they haven'y all ready anyhow.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a Cup race or two aired on NBCNS. Both networks just need more content and exposure to more households.

Quote:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1559 560 561 562 5631060 Next