TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21146 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1988 989 990 991 9921058 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:25 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

They have two options for the races affected by COVID-19.

Option A: They can have two races on the same weekend a la Supercars (one race Saturday, one race Sunday). For that to work, they should consider reducing the distance of the races, but then that would ruin muh stage racing (just get rid of stage racing already).

Option B: Weeknight races. This offers a bit more flexibility that they can run an entire race in a night and an entire race "weekend" in a night or two and would be great for primetime TV. However, this would create some logistical nightmares since the lower tier series also run the same weekend most of the time as support races. Not to mention that 1. not all tracks have lighting to allow this and 2. local governments may take some convincing to do to allow motor racing to run on a weeknight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well hello from the minecraft world!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Good news, there will be a live race broadcast on TV on Sunday.

https://www.jayski.com/2020/03/19/fox-sports-to-deliver-sundays-inaugural-enascar-iracing-pro-invitational-series-event-on-fs1/

This might be entertaining, if nothing else.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm interested... I did laugh at this tweet by Barstool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks to strong TV and social media ratings, FS1 will air the full eNASCAR Pro Invitational season, with simulcasts on select FOX affiliates.

Next race is at Texas this Sunday at 1pm ET.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just found this channel and great story:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

that podcast with Schrader as a whole was really good.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

junior's channel is loaded with great stories

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Since I'm home from work, decided to rewatch the whole 1994 Cup season. Amazing how different the racing was. Also, I know understand why my Dad would start watching with me, go do lawn work then return for the end. There are some stretches where you could definitely nap. I mean it's fun but a lot of drawn out periods. Insane how fast Irvan was.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Since I'm home from work, decided to rewatch the whole 1994 Cup season. Amazing how different the racing was. Also, I know understand why my Dad would start watching with me, go do lawn work then return for the end. There are some stretches where you could definitely nap. I mean it's fun but a lot of drawn out periods. Insane how fast Irvan was.
Rusty was mad fast in '94, too. But out of the three black beauties that dominated that year, Dale was the most consistent. Had Ernie not gotten critically hurt at Michigan that August and Rusty not been so snakebitten with mechanical failures in the late season races he didn't win, it would have been a three-way battle for the ages between Dale, Rusty, and Ernie.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wayne wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:
Rusty was mad fast in '94, too. But out of the three black beauties that dominated that year, Dale was the most consistent. Had Ernie not gotten critically hurt at Michigan that August and Rusty not been so snakebitten with mechanical failures in the late season races he didn't win, it would have been a three-way battle for the ages between Dale, Rusty, and Ernie.

I agree. It was the year of the black cars. You could even throw Bodine in there. While not consistent, he was strong when the car held up. If Irvan wasn't injured and Wallace had better luck, that race to the end should have been epic. Mark may have finished 2nd in points but he wasn't the 2nd best car that year. My biggest gripe, holy shit the amount of top 10 finishers off the lead lap. Dave Marcus finished 10th in the 1st Bristol race. He was 14 laps down. Also, the stands at a lot of races were definitely not full.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sounds like NASCAR will be postponing Martinsville (and the All Star Race) here over the next 24 to 48

Best case plan proposal to teams was leaked to the media + posted by Jeff Gluck, which has them starting with the 600. Texas I would run with IndyCar, Michigan & Dover would turn into doubleheader weekends, Las Vegas II & Texas II swap dates due to the EDC Festival, Talladega I will revive the old July weekend from the 80's and 90's. This "best case (mainly for television rights)" plan would keep all playoff venues intact and the season finale date intact.
https://theathletic.com/1718325/2020/04 ... -late-may/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:51 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Unsurprisingly, Gen-7 cars have been pushed back to 2022.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-euro/ ... s/4777733/

Quote:

The NASCAR Whelen Euro Series will begin its own virtual racing competition – one that will have a direct effect on the real series once it begins.

The EuroNASCAR Esports Series will kick off on April 21 on iRacing and will include eight events with the last three serving as playoff rounds and awarding double points.

And in a first for virtual motorsports competition, the participating series drivers will also score points toward the real 2020 Euro Series team championship.

“First of all, this is a challenging time and we encourage everybody to be smart and stay safe. It is very important for us to connect and support our fantastic fans, competitors and partners,” said series president and CEO Jerome Galpin.

“The EuroNASCAR Esports Series is a great way to provide them with close racing and entertainment while waiting to get back to normal. This is also a good means to bring in a virtual dimension and continue to develop our very successful NASCAR Whelen Euro Series.”

The virtual season will kick off April 21 at Daytona International Speedway with an exhibition race on the track’s road course. The points-scoring season calendar will start the week after on April 28 at Brands Hatch, home of the iconic NWES American Speedfest.

The schedule will also include some of the most celebrated road course circuits available on iRacing, including two real-life NWES ones – Brands Hatch and Zolder – and American tracks like Watkins Glen, the Charlotte Roval or the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course.

All the EuroNASCAR Esports Series events will be broadcasted on the EuroNASCAR YouTube, Facebook and Twitch channels.

The complete entry list and series calendar will be announced at a later date.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
And in a first for virtual motorsports competition, the participating series drivers will also score points toward the real 2020 Euro Series team championship.

That's pretty cool. All motorsports that are running eSports in place of their normal season should be doing the same thing IMO; would improve driver participation and help them take it a bit seriously, which they should as eSports is the only way some of these championships will make money and possibly survive past this year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
racer612008 wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:
Also, it's been announced there will be a 10 lap Truck exhibition at Orange County Speedway with Stewart Friesen and Sheldon Creed with NASCAR officials on hand. OCFS is a dirt track that has held many WoO races in years past. Mind you NASCAR doesn't allow such a thing. Rumor the new owner has put a ton of money in the track and this is an audition. Track is 90 mins north of NYC.

EDIT: Orange County Fair Speedway is in Middletown, NY

Halmar (Friesen's sponsor) is the current lease holder with a option to buy the track, has put a ton of money into the place so far - including resurfacing the "Hard Clay", and updates to the grandstands & other spectator areas. There's a few places that need some safety updates tho.

They are running this weekend as apart of the Centennial Weekend as the track celebrates it's 100th year of auto racing, which also includes a $100k to win / 160 lap Big Block Modified race - this being the largest purse of the season (alongside $50k at Oswego with Super DIRT Week, and $53k at Fonda for their 200 lapper)

I used to go to Middletown a lot. Especially WoO races back in the day. Crazy to see a sudden spotlight on it. Foxsports.com has a great series of videos on it. Today actually makes the 100 year anniversary of their 1st auto race. I think it would be awesome if the 2nd dirt truck race went to them. Everyone thinks Knoxville, etc.. Why not a track like this?

Footage of the match race is at 1:25:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There goes the first sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

And here's the second.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I like Ross Chastain an awful lot, but seeing him get the #42 this way is some monkey's paw shit. Yes, it is self-inflicted, but I don't believe it warrants the immediate and total destruction of Larson's NASCAR career. Which is what this could well amount to.

McDonalds in particular can fuck off, wanting to get sanctimonious over this whilst at the exact same time banning black people from their outlets in China.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mike Wallace is coming out of retirement to race at Indy in July
https://www.teamjdmotorsports.com/news/ ... -road-race

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21146 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1988 989 990 991 9921058 Next