TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1345 346 347 348 3491059 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So I guss JJ Yeley will be driving for front row motorsports the rest of the year. Do not know if its the 38 or 55. It would be pretty shitty for Kvapil to lose both his rides in the same week if that is the case. I guess JJ was tired of being fucked with at Whitney Motorsports.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, Kvapil has been pretty horrible this year. I know he's a better driver than that and things just haven't come together for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
Well, Kvapil has been pretty horrible this year. I know he's a better driver than that and things just haven't come together for whatever reason.

I agree. Travis could be a decent cup driver in the right stuff. Was decent with Yates that one year. He might be safe cause Yeley will be in the 55.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yep, Yeley is in the 55.

Travis has always been one of my favourite drivers so I may be a little biased, but the number of issues he's had with the car, or the number of accidents he's been caught up in has been ridiculous. David is doing a really good job though. Just sucks that the best they can hope for every week is about 25th.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cartman wrote:
I guess my comment about Bruton Smith's diamond-encrusted shit wasn't for naught.

Knowing him, he'll build another giant-screen TV for Texas before he fixes the parking problems in Kentucky.

You're right of course, but that article reads like someone with a serious chip on their shoulder wrote it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Harvick warned not to touch Busch: Kevin Harvick says he is racing with handcuffs when competing against rival Kyle Busch, whom he and his owner have feuded with since May. Harvick, who finished second behind Busch in the New England 200 on Saturday, told his Nationwide Series team over his radio that he had to be careful around Busch and then confirmed afterward that NASCAR President Mike Helton had warned him at Michigan in June not to touch Busch on the track. "I was told a few weeks ago that if we touched the 18 car [of Busch], we'd be parked," Harvick said. "I've just got to be really careful. I would have liked to have gotten the track position and slid up and do what I needed to do. But I've just got to be really careful. That's the way NASCAR put it to me." NASCAR spokesman Kristi King said if there was a conversation between Harvick and Helton, it would remain private. Busch said he has received no warning. "It would have been a lot easier to win if you didn't have handcuffs put on you, but that's the way NASCAR said we had to do it," Harvick said.(Scene Daily(7-17-2011)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

sickening :yuk:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:49 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

I think the blurb was a bit exaggerating. From a fan who attended the Cup race, Helton simply warned both of them that they can touch each other, they can't blatantly spin each other out.

Take it for what it's worth, tho.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Why didn't they just make the probation longer if all they were going to do was tell them to leave each other alone after it expired?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The RCR bunch are just turning more and more into the thugs of NASCAR. Kevin hits whoever he wants to and grins about it, his crewmen then get together like a bunch of hoods ready to strike if said victim dare attempt a payback. Then you have Don Childress himself putting people in headlock and punching them.. it's gotta stop at some point. This is like police protection for Kyle because he doesn't want to go down to their level.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:32 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Probably because he's too scared. It's not as if Kyle's this noble character who doesn't go down to other people's levels.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If you were scrawny like him while Harvick was the high school wrestler, you would be scared too. I don't see what's wrong with that. There's no bravado in getting your face caved in by fighting someone you know will cream you. By going down to his level, I meant not resorting to fisticuffs but showing Harvick that he's not intimidated by his bullying, on the track, where it matters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh for the love of God. Nascar wants the "boys have at it" nonsesne but I think they forgot what that meant. Back in the day, if two drivers had a problem, it was settled in the garage out behind the haulers. Now, it's go ahead, have at it... But play nice... Don't touch each other on the track... Don't talk to each other off the track... For Gods sake don't get heated at all... But, go ahead and have at it.

I mean, come on people. This sport hit the big time because the Allison boys and Yarbourough were beating the shit out of each other on the backstretch at Daytona. Old man Earnhardt made his name by laying the chrome horn to anyone and everyone who got in his way. Ernie Irvan's nickname of "Swervin'" Irvan didn't fall out of the sky, it was molded from all the junk he left in his wake.

If NASCAR doesn't let the garage police itself you might just as well put a referee car out on the track.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

They want to let it police itself but at some point, you have to step in. Even in the good ole days, NASCAR stepped in and told Earnhardt not to touch Geoff Bodine on the track when it reached a similar point between them to what we have now with Kyle and Kevin.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:09 pm 

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
They want to let it police itself but at some point, you have to step in. Even in the good ole days, NASCAR stepped in and told Earnhardt not to touch Geoff Bodine on the track when it reached a similar point between them to what we have now with Kyle and Kevin.

Maybe they need to "invite" everyone to a nice dinner and give them the Japanese Inspection line.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:13 pm 
Head Muppet

Joe A wrote:
Sandeep Banerjee wrote:

Maybe they need to "invite" everyone to a nice dinner and give them the Japanese Inspection line.

Lettuce see what happens then.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:14 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Quote:
•Montoya gets new crew chief: Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates announced they have made a crew chief change on the #42 Target Chevy driven by Juan Pablo Montoya. Effective immediately, Jim Pohlman, who has been with the organization since 2006 in numerous roles, was named interim crew chief of the #42 team. "We are pleased to have someone of Jim's caliber to be able to place into this role on the #42 team. Jim has been with us a number of years and I have confidence in his abilities to move the team forward," said Team Owner Chip Ganassi.(EGR)(7-19-2011)

Thanks for playing, JPM.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Why? :?

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jayski wrote:
Asked about his Nationwide plans next year during an ESPN chat, #60-Carl Edwards, said "No, I do not plan on running Nationwide full time. I will focus on the Sprint Cup and my family. But I truly love the Nationwide Series. It will be a big change for me."

That's the good news. Bad news, Kyle dominates even more Nationwide races.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1345 346 347 348 3491059 Next