TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1760 761 762 763 7641059 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Till there is better racing and a better schedule I have no reason to tune in anymore. Sad but the current product as far as racing and officiating goes is the worst it's ever been and I'm tired of thinking about it. I've got so much more going on in my life these days to watch this garbage. I don't know how anyone can enjoy this shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Coyotekart1 wrote:
Tracks that need to go:
Indy, Chicago, 1 from Kansas and Texas.

Swap out Kansas (It's actually produced some good races lately) for New Hampshire

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:40 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Pretzel wrote:
Coyotekart1 wrote:
Tracks that need to go:

Swap out Kansas (It's actually produced some good races lately) for New Hampshire

I'm ok with that I guess. New Hampshire can either be really good or terrible.

Or just take one away from New Hampshire as well and add in another short track or road course.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:45 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coyotekart1 wrote:
Tracks that need to go:

That gives you room for an Iowa race, a couple more road courses and a miscellaneous.

You want to grow the sport? Take a fan vote of all the NASCAR short tracks in the country, winner gets a 400 lap Cup race. Can install removable seating like Mansfield, Ohio would for the truck series.

Also, your track can only win once every 10 years. That way you don't have big metropolitan area NASCAR sanctioned tracks hogging the spotlight.

The only local track all teh average joes know would be Bowman Grey, and that would be total shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:57 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Texas, Kansas, and Pocono should all lose a date, Indy should be stricken from the schedule. The novelty of the Brickyard has worn off.

Replace them with Road Atlanta, Road America, NJPM, and one Iowa date. As much as I hate Iowa, short tracks with the "capacity" to handle Cup "attendance" are a bit scarce, so beggars can't be choosers.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:53 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Run Sonoma full course in the Chase instead of Texas
Road America takes Sonoma's current date
Kill the Brickyard 400 and take it to Iowa
Kill a Pocono or Michigan race and run it in Canada, somewhere
Take a race away from Kansas, Pocono or Michigan (whichever isn't replaced by Canada) - 36 races is too many anyways
Fontana in the Chase instead of Chicagoland

I'll be happy with that :)

Also, make the Chase starting at Daytona in February and ending at Atlanta in November :flag:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you think 36 is too much, take a look at some of the old schedules.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:28 pm 

Yeah up till 1972 they used to have 50 or more a year :8:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In actual news, Richmond's spring race might become a Sunday afternoon race next year.
http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05 ... afternoon/

As far as what I would like to see changed for the Cup schedule/points format (I don't like the Chase playoff format IMO), it would be this. (NOTE PIPE DREAMING BELOW)
Spoiler:
Revert to standard points system as used in about every other NASCAR series

Tracks can only have 2 dates if they have had 2 dates on the schedule for more then 50+ years/have extremely good attendance numbers or if they use a different track layout (i.e. infield road courses/short tracks, exterior road courses/short ovals on track property)

Tracks that I would keep 2 dates at IMO: Daytona, Bristol, Martinsville, Phoenix (exception to the 50 years thing), Talladega (do we really need 2 races here though?)

Cut:
Indy oval

Add:
Barber MP
Gateway
Indy road course (or IRP)
Iowa
Memphis
Road America (or Milwaukee)
Rockingham NC (if it does reopen, I hope it does. Although would need alot of work and I am just dreaming about it lol)
a Canadian venue (Mosport, Montreal, Canadian Motor Speedway if it ever gets built)
non points race with a wild card venue that isn't on schedule (i.e. lower level series track, international venue, dirt race)

also NASCAR needs to add a Xfinity/Modified/K&N East tripleheader at Martinsville

Last edited by racer612008 on Mon May 04, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:52 pm 

Less night races as well

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racer612008 wrote:
Tracks that I would keep 2 dates at IMO: Daytona, Bristol, Martinsville, Phoenix (exception to the 50 years thing), Talladega (do we really need 2 races here though?)

Absolutely agree, though I'd add Michigan and Charlotte since their locations are significant for the manufactures and race teams respectively, and Richmond, since it's only one of three short tracks on the schedule. Gotta keep two races at Talladega. Running just three RP races makes all the time teams spend in the off-season getting their superspeedway packages ready for the 500, and then only running them again twice, complete nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

racer612008 wrote:
In actual news, Richmond's spring race might become a Sunday afternoon race next year.
http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05 ... afternoon/

As far as what I would like to see changed for the Cup schedule/points format (I don't like the Chase playoff format IMO), it would be this.
Spoiler:
Revert to standard points system as used in about every other NASCAR series

Tracks can only have 2 dates if they have had 2 dates on the schedule for more then 50+ years/have extremely good attendance numbers or if they use a different track layout (i.e. infield road courses/short tracks, exterior road courses/short ovals on track property)

Cut:
Indy oval

Add:
Barber MP
Gateway
Indy road course (or IRP)
Iowa
Memphis
Road America (or Milwaukee)
Rockingham NC (if it does reopen, I hope it does)
a Canadian venue (Mosport, Montreal, Canadian Motor Speedway if it ever gets built)
non points race with a wild card venue that isn't on schedule (i.e. lower level series track, international venue, dirt race)

also NASCAR needs to add a Xfinity/Modified/K&N East tripleheader at Martinsville

Rockingham needs sooo soo soooooo much work done to it for it to reopen. Was at the dragstrip a few weeks ago which is directly across the street from the oval. The place is a mess.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:38 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

NASCAR needs a revolution, and not just the schedule. The cars race awful, that's the biggest problem.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rockingham is NEVER EVER coming back to the Cup schedule. Neither is North Wilkesboro.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Glad we made the Kessinger/Belcher/Prochera roatrip to Rockingham in '08. We got to see it at its peak for the second time. Well, not really a peak, but sort of a rubbish plateau.

Was still a great time.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I know I was pipe dreaming in my last post but I already understand all of the reasons why nothing like that is change. Hell thinking about it, Road Atlanta or VIR don't stand a chance considering the saturated market we have already.

Coyotekart1 wrote:
Rockingham needs sooo soo soooooo much work done to it for it to reopen. Was at the dragstrip a few weeks ago which is directly across the street from the oval. The place is a mess.

I thought I saw somewhere it was starting to get back into pretty bad shape a few months ago (I think it was when local news showed up at the track in January to report about the possible sale to a Veterans group). Pretty sad that the track is in worse shape after the leaps and bounds Hillenburg did with the track when it was open. Had alot of fun there when I raced there in 2010 in Bandos. Still wish I could have gone to the Truck race when they still had it in 2012 and 2013 but something would normally come up whenever the week it was scheduled on.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
Glad we made the Kessinger/Belcher/Prochera roatrip to Rockingham in '08. We got to see it at its peak for the second time. Well, not really a peak, but sort of a rubbish plateau.

Was still a great time.

Fuck yeah.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:18 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

I want to do a road trip

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm gonna get flak for this, but I thought Rockingham was overrated. I always felt the races got way to drawn out especially in the middle.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:48 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I also would love to see that new Bakersfield track on the schedule for a touring series rather then just KNPSW

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1760 761 762 763 7641059 Next