TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1412 413 414 415 4161059 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The bottom of the door definitely looks molded. Still looks like it's heading in the direction of a box shaped car with a slightly molded front end.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:52 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

NASCAR.com Superstore lol

Quote:
I saw a ad on the internet for a free nascar calender ,only pay postage 1.95, i looked at the offer there was no catch that i could see , i filled out the order form including my card number ,they immediatly withdrew the 1.95 from my account ,then a couple days later i got a e mail notifying me i had joined their club ,first month free ,then an undisclosed amount would be taken out of my account ,i read all the privacy disclosure ,about 2 foot long jibberish ,,no mention of joining a club or how much it cost ,,,they took all the info from the calender order and used them ,

well i called and tried to cancel this membership that i never joined ,they said it was cancelled and i would still get my calender ,that was a month ago ,,no calender ,now i get a notice that they will take 84.00 out of my account ,still no calender or refund .

Quote:
This club is coat tailing on NASCAR and probably infringing on NASCAR copyrights. They charged my credit card $84 for a membership I did not order. Nothing this club does is approved of or affliated with NASCAR in anyway. Every place NASCAR is mentioned on their website, the registered trade mark sign is missing, and the official legal name of this rip off is Official Nascar Members Club LLC. NASCAR is not an LLC.

Stay away from this business. They are seriously bad news, draggging a great and legitimate organization through the mud and stealing money from hard working folks.

Quote:
I see that I am not the first person to get ripped off by these scammers. While I purchased something on the nascar website to commemorate Tony Stewart's 2011 championship, I got signed up for ONMC with hidden text somewhere that they claim gives them to write to automatically start charging your credit card $84. No clear disclaimers or approval included.

I just happened to see it on the paperwork when the gift was opened at christmas. By that time the "30 day grace period" was already gone and I was told they could only refund a prorated amount.

Avoid these people at all costs. This will be my last purchase from the nascar.com website ... I honestly would have expected more from a sport that claims to be family friendly. Luckily they are only getting $7 of my money because I just happened to see read an invoice in the gift ... otherwise it would be all the way till the next credit card statement before I would even know. And, I could see how someone would miss this entirely if they aren't closely monitoring their statements.

NASCAR and ONMC should be ashamed of themselves. This is truly offensive to your fan base.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/racing-car- ... -64d0b.htm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/sports-team ... -ed56c.htm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/sports-card ... -ea07d.htm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I bought shirts from the NASCAR superstore a few years ago and never had a problem like the ones listed above......Guess I won't be buying from them anymore.

Can they legally do this?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe A wrote:
Shane wrote:
Hope NOS ends up somewhere.

Meh, that shit makes my heart skip. Energy drinks are overrated anyway.

lol I was thirsty the other day and drank a bottle of NOS... noticed afterwards it said "Drink a half bottle every 3-4 hours", and I downed the whole thing in about 30 minutes. I sat down and tried watching the '92 Sears Point Cup race, and I had the shakes! It wasn't good! haha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Joe A wrote:
Shane wrote:
Hope NOS ends up somewhere.

Meh, that shit makes my heart skip. Energy drinks are overrated anyway.

The schemes are tast' though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cartman wrote:
Ford released a teaser pic of its 2013 Fusion Cup car:

Another teaser.

Compared to the street car.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Looks promising so far. Perhaps we'll see the finished product by next week's Media Tour.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The signs look good so far. Can't wait to see the whole car.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chris A wrote:
Don't have time to watch it at the moment, but if there's anything Jimmy Spencer-related in there, it doesn't count. Because fuck Jimmy Spencer.

I can see how Jimmy can have his haters... but the whole michigan incident is 100% on Kurt. Trying to damage someones fender at 200mph on the frontstretch... for no other reason than Kurt being a dick, and then voluntarily driving to Jimmy's area after the race, and then saying 'you're going to die old man'......that's all Kurt right thurr.

Anybody would've punched Kurt's stupid face after that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:19 pm 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Are these flared wheel arches on the 2013 Sprint Cup Car?:

I believe they are revealing the full car tuesday.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's either gonna be incredibly tast or incredibly shitty.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hank Hill wrote:
Are these flared wheel arches on the 2013 Sprint Cup Car?:

I believe they are revealing the full car tuesday.

No sheetmetal B-pillar...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
RAB Racing to attempt Sprint Cup debut in Daytona 500 with Kenny Wallace: RAB Racing with Brack Maggard announced that they will attempt to make their Sprint Cup Series debut in the 54th-annual Daytona 500 on Feb. 26, with driver Kenny Wallace behind the wheel of their #09 American Ethanol Toyota Camry. "Corn farmers are excited to continue our relationship with RAB Racing and Kenny Wallace in 2012," said Garry Niemeyer, National Corn Growers Association president. "Kenny is a fan favorite and one of the most visible drivers in the sport. He has been an outspoken supporter of ethanol and Sunoco Green E15. He comes from the Midwest, so he truly appreciates the important role corn farmers play in providing consumers with a fuel that is made in America and provides jobs here at home." Wallace will attempt to make his 11th Daytona 500 start. His last start in the Great American Race came in 2008, when he raced his way into the starting lineup via an eighth-place finish in the first Gatorade Duel. With Wallace behind the wheel of their NASCAR Nationwide Series Toyota in 2011, the #09 team finished seventh in the Nationwide Series driver championship standings, a career-best for the Concord, N.C.-based team, after posting 11 top-10 finishes. The crew chief for the #09 American Ethanol Toyota Camry will be announced at a later date.(RAB Racing)(1-22-2012)

Quote:
Tommy Baldwin Racing facebook page
Ok guys it's been awesome that all of you have shown such much support for TBR sending requests for sponsorship to all these companies. Seems like they are a bunch of very smart TBR fans. But now we need you to take it to the next level. We have over the years tried all angles on how to approach companies about coming on board and being our sponsor. But at the end of the day it's all about timing. With DR power equipment you guys reached out to them at the right time as they have started in other areas to start getting their products marketed in areas that just happened to align up with the automotive market so it was perfect timing to start conservations with them. When conversations are first started with a company we estimate it takes two to six months to gather information back and fourth to get a yes or a no on the proposal. Understand that having the sponsors name on the car is just the beginning of the process and is just the first tool for a company to start their campaign. Our job together is to now figure out how we help them sell or market their products if thats what they are doing this for or how we are do the best job we can to put together a hospitality program so they can bring both their new and existing customers in for business to business relationships or some companies like using the racing program to entertain thier employees. The end result for all three of those items we have to produce the "WOW" factor in which we believe Nascar is the best because it's the only sport that you can actually touch and feel for 36 weeks and actaully have conversations with team owners, members and the drivers. At the end of the day TBR has a job to do for the sponsor and that's to get back a return of investment (ROI) plus. Its just not all about the race for us. We know right now we have the best value in the garage for all of the above. We havze worked very hard keeping our operating budget down without sacrificing the competitive side. Trust me on Mondays when other big teams are in meetings we are a topic of conversation on how we are going about our business. Ok so let's use our partners from 2011 for some examples. Golden Corral came on board to use are program for marketing (top ten kids eat free). For Golden Corral it was a huge success as for every dollar they spent with the race team they received almost sixteen dollars back in return. It was a success and i can look back and say we did a wonderful job for them and they where a great partner if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have made the strides we did last year. So now you guys are saying well how come they not coming back and really i can't give you a answer for that but sometimes when companies are having their board meetings at the end of the day it's all about if those folks like nascar and understand it. Sometimes it ends up being just a couple people changed during the year and they just like golf or tennis or something like that. It can go away that easy trust me. Accell construction is a great example of the hospitality. They did a great job bringing in potential business and we gave them that Wow factor and the end of the day he got the businees with huge ROI. Big red soda also did a wonderful job with both marketing and hospitality. So you see guys there is a lot of blood sweat and tears that goes into this and sometimes it's not as easy at it appears. So use this information and go to work. Its all about timing so keep digging because i will never stop.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The car will be revealed tomorrow at 2:15pm EST on the Ford Racing Facebook page.

EDIT: Tuesday, not Monday. My bad.

Last edited by Cartman on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, NC – In a nod to its commitment to the sport, American Ethanol today announced at the NASCAR Preview fan event in Charlotte, N.C., that it will continue relationships with Richard Childress Racing and RAB Racing for the 2012 season.

Austin Dillon, 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Champion, will drive the iconic No. 3 Chevrolet during the 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series season with American Ethanol serving as the primary sponsor for six races as well as one race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2012. Dillon’s No. 3 American Ethanol Chevrolet paint scheme was unveiled at the event.

“I’m proud to carry the American Ethanol colors in NASCAR,” said Dillon. “Growth Energy is committed to clean air, and as an avid outdoorsman I truly appreciate their desire to protect our nation’s air and water for future generations. I commend the work they do and I am looking forward to representing American Ethanol, Growth Energy and the National Corn Growers Association.”

In addition to American Ethanol’s partnership with Dillon, the organization will serve as an associate sponsor with the entire RCR family of drivers. Team owner Richard Childress as well as RCR’s Sprint Cup Series veterans Kevin Harvick, Jeff Burton and Paul Menard will also serve as spokesmen for the cause.

Kenny Wallace, who notched 11 top-ten finishes last year, will drive the No. 09 Toyota Camry in the NASCAR Nationwide Series for RAB Racing.  American Ethanol will partner with Wallace for the Sprint Cup Series Daytona 500, as well as five races in the Nationwide Series.

"I'm honored to represent American Ethanol. I not only talk about American Ethanol, I truly believe in it. I’ve been to the farms, I’ve met the families, I’ve been to the plants, and I’ve been in the hallways of the U.S. Senate in Washington, D.C., in support of it. I believe it is our job to cut down on dependency of foreign oil, and American Ethanol is a major part of that,” Wallace said.

“American Ethanol is in this for the long haul. Through our partnerships with Austin Dillon and Kenny Wallace, we are telling NASCAR and its fans that American Ethanol is committed to the sport,” said Tom Buis, CEO of Growth Energy, which led the effort to create American Ethanol. “These drivers are ideal ambassadors for the American Ethanol team and will help tell the story of how American-made ethanol creates jobs, cleans our air and fosters energy independence.”

“American Ethanol is getting a lot of positive attention because it’s a good fit for NASCAR’s green initiative, and because of the increased horsepower on the track,” said NCGA President Garry Niemeyer.  “Our partnership with RCR and RAB Racing will assure continued success in letting the American public know that if ethanol can stand the stress these drivers put it through, it’s good for the family car, too.”

The American Ethanol partnership was established with the goal of increasing awareness of ethanol’s renewable, clean-burning, high-octane abilities as a fuel. One initiative included the release last September of a white paper detailing NASCAR’s use of E15 (15 percent ethanol, 85 percent gasoline) in more than a million miles of racing, qualifying and practice laps – proving that E15 can withstand the test of America’s toughest proving ground.  

Ethanol is the most commercially-viable alternative that America currently has to offset the economic impact of foreign petroleum. Corn ethanol reduces emissions by 59 percent, and cellulosic ethanol is at least 86 percent cleaner. And by strengthening America’s energy independence, ethanol helps create American jobs; studies have shown that for every $1 sent overseas for oil, $1.55 leaves the U.S. economy.

Growth Energy, a coalition of American ethanol supporters, filed the petition to the federal government, called the Green Jobs Waiver, to increase the allowable blend of ethanol in fuel from 10 percent to 15 percent, or E15. In 2010, NASCAR embraced the desire for greener, American-job-producing fuels when it announced its decision to move to Sunoco Green E15 for NASCAR’s three national series.

Representing a wide array of ethanol supporters, from farmers to bio-engineering firms, American Ethanol was established by Growth Energy in partnership with the National Corn Growers Association and others. By establishing a marketing partnership with NASCAR starting with the 2011 racing season, the same year that NASCAR switched its fuel to Sunoco Green E15, American Ethanol aims to educate and inform the broader American public about the benefits of U.S.-made ethanol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cartman wrote:

The car will be revealed tomorrow at 2:15pm EST on the Ford Racing Facebook page.

I've got a good feeling about all of this, personally.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The new Fusion street car isn't the best looking thing, but here's to hoping the NASCAR version is a step in the right direction.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:01 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Quote:
NASCAR starting Speedweeks with restrictor plate that ended test: NASCAR will return to Daytona International Speedway in February with the same restrictor plate that it left with when testing ended earlier this month. Teams were informed Friday of the rules configuration for Daytona, which includes a restrictor plate with holes 29/32nds of an inch in diameter. In hopes of limiting the use of the two-car draft used by the Sprint Cup cars during the Daytona 500, NASCAR officials have made changes that they hope would result in overheating if the two-car draft is used for an extended period of time during the race. The biggest change is the rear bumper has been moved two inches closer to the ground. Teams will have a front grille opening of 50 square inches - it was 40 square inches by the time testing ended last week at the 2.5-mile trioval. The radiator pressure release valve will be set at 25 psi, the same as it was when teams left Daytona on the final afternoon of testing.(Scene Daily)(1-23-2012)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lowering the rear bumper will do what? I can understand raising it to promote the fear of 'jacking up' the car in front..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My only guess is that a the larger area of bumper that creates would further decrease the airflow to the pushing car's nose.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1412 413 414 415 4161059 Next