TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: 43 104 Kevin Lepage Chevrolet J Davis Motorsports.com 94.005 155.021 -20.183
I want to go there or Southside, maybe meet up with the locals (Tuck,MMF).

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:48 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
A depleted Pro Cup field versus the World of Outlaws. I think your choice is clear.

Yeah.....Damn good thing you didn't take my advice, lol. I think the Pro Cup guys got more that the WoO, and they're not up to full song for car count...

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:00 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Joey wrote:
Man, I miss Langley. I used to go there every now and then to watch their Saturday Night program back when I lived in Virginia Beach.

I didn't know you used to live in Virginia.

If either of you (Joey or David Hetzel) are in the area and want to go to Langley at some point let me know because I might be able to get you in the pits for free.

--------------------------------------------

USAR has announced the final TBA date on their schedule will be at Lanier National Speedway on June 27 running in conjunction with the ASA Southeast Asphalt Tour.

http://www.usarprocup.com/view_article.asp?id=3045

Also, I was pleasantly surprised to see my video on their main page.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:03 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

markmartinfan wrote:
Joey wrote:
Man, I miss Langley. I used to go there every now and then to watch their Saturday Night program back when I lived in Virginia Beach.

I didn't know you used to live in Virginia.

If either of you (Joey or David Hetzel) are in the area and want to go to Langley at some point let me know because I might be able to get you in the pits for free.

I moved away back in 1998, and I've got no family up there. I'd love to go back, but it's probably a no-go.

Cool that your video made the USAR main page.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:05 am 

Location: Augusta, Georgia. First joined TBK july 2002 as alltel#12fan
Clay Rogers won tonights grand strand 250 at the myrtle beach speeway. it was a great race. i think 23 cars started the event. thats pretty scary though because i was there last yr as well and they had a full feild and sent drivers home.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:05 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Matt Clendenning wrote:
Clay Rogers won tonights grand strand 250 at the myrtle beach speeway. it was a great race. i think 23 cars started the event. thats pretty scary though because i was there last yr as well and they had a full feild and sent drivers home.

Hooter's sold the series to some new owners during the off season and I'm pretty sure a number of teams closed up shop or moved to a different series because they weren't sure there was going to be any Pro Cup racing this year at the time. As long as they can get through this year I think the series will start to return to its former glory.

--------------------------------------

USARacing has announced that the race originally scheduled for August 15th at Southern National Raceway Park will be moved to Langley Speedway and be run on August 22nd. This is due to the fact that Southern National is for sale and is not currently operating.

http://www.usarprocup.com/?p=313

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hopefully moving forward includes returning to a GN-knockoff spec like the late 90s/early 2000s. Assuming NASCAR keeps doing their thing with the CWE/CWW tours, they might be able to gain some cars that way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:04 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The Pro Cup race scheduled for tonight at Langley Speedway was postponed due to rain and will be run on Sunday at 2 pm, which really sucks because I was ready to see some racing tonight and now have to get up early again tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:56 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Results from the Pro Cup race from Langley Speedway on August 23, 2009.
[spoiler]USARACING PRO CUP SERIES
** Hampton Virginia/Honor Flight 250 **
Fin. Pos. (Car #) Driver; Laps Compl.
1. (56s) Brandon Ward; 250
2. (55n) Woody Howard; 250
3. (06s) Bobby Gill; 250
4. (23s) J.P. Morgan; 250
5. (54s) Clay Rogers; 250
6. (31s) Justin Boston; 250
7. (13s) John Gibson; 250
8. (75s) Caleb Holman; 250
9. (22n) Derek Kale; 250
10. (00s) Lucas Ransone; 250
11. (17n) Jeff Oakley; 248
12. (22s) Drew Herring; 246
13. (55s) Tom Powers; 242
14. (28n) Wally Smith; 241
15. (04s) Larry Barrett; 232
16. (75n) Ronnie Souders; 231
17. (07n) Matt Lofton; 211
18. (11s) Joe Gaita; 128
19. (28s) Billy Bigley Jr.; 101
20. (73n) Jeff Agnew; 78
21. (1n) Brett Butler; 78
22. (65n) Bryce Walker; 7
Pole: Rogers - via car owner points.[/spoiler]

And here's my highlight video from the race.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It was mentioned in the Bristol Herald Courier on Monday that the Pro Cup Series is returning to Bristol next May for a 200 lapper. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for the video. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Racing is coming back to North Wilkesboro :flag:
Quote:
SOUTH BOSTON, Va. (October 31, 2009) – North Wilkesboro [N.C.] Speedway, a cornerstone in stock car racing’s foundation and a track that occupies a special place in grassroots racing fans’ hearts, will reopen next year with a coveted date in the USARacing Pro Cup Championship Series, it was announced Saturday during the drivers meeting prior to the series season finale Strutmasters.com 250 at South Boston Speedway.

Scheduled for Oct. 3, 2010, the race will be on the traditional fall weekend that for many years hosted NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series from NASCAR’s inception in 1949 until the track closed after its fall race in 1996. Its two Cup dates were then moved to New Hampshire and Texas. But with the dawn of the 2010 racing season, the 0.625-mile track will again assume its rightful place in the stock car racing community.

“We are extremely pleased to be the first national touring racing series to return to the true roots of stock car racing,” USARacing Managing Partner Larry Camp said. “We know the people of Wilkes County and the surrounding area of North Carolina have missed stock car racing on this storied track.

“All of us at the USARacing Pro Cup Series are proud to be a part of this rebirth. Personally, I know the Staley family, Junior Johnson and the many stock car racing purists will mark Oct. 3, 2010, as a red letter day in the sport. I know Benny Parsons would be extremely proud of (his wife) Terri for helping return stock car racing to the county that he and his family so dearly loved.”

In addition to Mrs. Parsons, the new ownership group consists of Alton McBride Sr., Alton McBride Jr., Dave Ehret, John Burwell and Bosco Lowe.

With the addition of North Wilkesboro Speedway, the USAR Pro Cup Series schedule contains five tracks that played key roles in NASCAR’s first 50 years. The series travels to Hickory [N.C.] Motor Speedway on May 1, Rockingham [N.C.] Speedway on May 15, South Boston Speedway on June 12 and for the season finale on Nov. 6, and Bristol [Tenn.] Motor Speedway on Sept. 11. Gresham Motorsports Park, site of the USAR Pro Cup Series season opener on March 27 and a Championship Series race on Oct. 23, is on the site of the old Peach State Speedway in Jefferson, Ga., which hosted NASCAR Cup races in the late 1960s.

“We are very excited to add the historic North Wilkesboro Speedway to the 2010 USARacing

Pro Cup Series schedule as this completes our 2010 schedule and adds another high profile

venue to our already impressive list of quality and historic tracks,” Vice President and Series Director Jimmy Wilson said. “In addition to North Wilkesboro, we have solidified our date with Hickory Motor Speedway, moving it earlier in the season compared to years past. This is truly a schedule everyone can get excited over.”

The USAR Pro Cup Series 2010 schedule has the nation’s premier short-track circuit visiting a dozen venues in eight states. The series’ return to Bristol Motor Speedway, the reopening of North Wilkesboro Speedway, and a companion race with NASCAR’s Nationwide Series at Iowa Speedway on July 30 highlight the 16-race schedule that boasts a five-event Championship Series.

Joining Gresham Motorsports Park, Bristol Motor Speedway and North Wilkesboro Speedway as added venues for the 2010 season are New Smyrna Speedway in New Smyrna Beach, Fla., on April 17; Lake Erie Speedway in Erie, Pa., on June 26; and Salem Speedway in Salem, Ind., on July 10.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:16 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

That is fantastic news about North Wilkesboro, it looks like that race will be on a Sunday so I should be able to attend. :D

Also, I found a stats site for the Pro Cup series:
http://www.procupdigest.com/

It has a few gaps in the stats, but overall it's a very useful resource for anyone looking for results and stats on the Pro Cup series.