TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:44 am 

I see Benson running select truck races and cup races (maybe) other than that...you can catch him in the booth for 2009.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Didn't know he was lined up to be in the booth anywhere. That would be freakin awesome. 8O

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:37 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I see it being a re-run of 2008, nothing is changing other than the testing ban and a couple races switched around.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree with you except I see the racing a little better and a big name driver or two to go winless like Gordon and Kenseth did this year and still make the chase.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

zippy wrote:
I see it being a re-run of 2008, nothing is changing other than the testing ban and a couple races switched around.

Pretty much the same here. I've adapted to expect less and less from Nascar every year it seems.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's really unfortunate, needless to say I have high expectations for 2010-12 with the introduction of the new Nationwide Series car, and possibly some changes with the Cup car after they see how much more successful the N'wide COT performs. ( I might be to optimistic. ) :p

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:06 pm 
The Nationwide COT is a horrible idea that will likely put teams like Davis and Finch out of business, expand the Hendrick-Roush-Childress-Gibbs hegemony, and escalate Buschwhacking to the point it was at in 2006, possibly magnified.

Just give the current car a splitter, go back to bias-ply tires, and try to persuade sponsors to invest in young talent, and you could probably get the series back to the state it was in in 2003, or maybe 2005 at the least (but of corsue it makes sense which is why nascar wont do it Image)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

With the way the economy is, NASCAR wants nothing more than to have their Cup drivers in the Nationwide Series.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: 43 104 Kevin Lepage Chevrolet J Davis Motorsports.com 94.005 155.021 -20.183
Crashman wrote:
The Nationwide COT is a horrible idea that will likely put teams like Davis and Finch out of business, expand the Hendrick-Roush-Childress-Gibbs hegemony, and escalate Buschwhacking to the point it was at in 2006, possibly magnified.

Wasn't Davis one of the teams testing the new car?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:38 pm 
I expect Jeff Gordon getting a victory. Maybe even Kenseth or Harvick.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:21 am 
BlueCelicaTRD wrote:
With the way the economy is, NASCAR wants nothing more than to have their Cup drivers in the Nationwide Series.

I'll be honest here - It's always gone on, and it was much worse the past two years than it was this year. And next year doesn't look all that bad, but it isn't good enough.

The puzzling emphasis placed on the Nationwide Owner's Championship is what killed the series: Douches like Jack Roush and Richard Childress somehow think that getting a measly, giant check and a small trophy is more important than running a driver for the championship. I will say that while I understand that some decisions are sponsor fueled (Leicht/Burton & Holiday Inn, Darnell/Ragan & Discount Tire), that doesn't mean that Childress couldn't put Leicht in the #21 car for 12 races or Roush put Darnell in the #17 so that they've a shot to win a championship - Assuming Prilosec and Northern Tool can fund it. And this didn't start until drivers like Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin got into Cup - I don't understand.

And then you have tools like Carl Edwards who race in the series ''Because it's fun'' - Listen, doofus. Doing constant PR appearances for two different teams, making routine helicopter rides in between tracks, running between garages, working with two different crews, and putting enormous mounts of mental strain on yourself over the course of two days is hardly my idea of fun - Unless Edwards finds fun in making the possibility of anyone else but him winning obsolete.

This, however, has been an argument that has been going on since 2005. It's come up at the beginning of the year, and NASCAR keeps saying ''We're contemplating a solution'' - Then the discussion dies down and NASCAR pretends it never existed. Rinse, and repeat. The only real way anything would have changed, and I still doubt it would've, was if all 35 races in 2006 were won by Cup drivers - Which almost happened. In this instance, we've seen one unwanted effect of the yearning to slow down the youth movement: Fewer or limited opportunities for young drivers in Nationwide.

And while all this is going on, NASCAR/ISC is probably laughing at us for all being so shallow. As much as I detest him, Bobby Hamilton Jr. told the truth about Buschwhacking and got called a crybaby for it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not that anyone will read this and take it seriously, but...

-Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth will struggle, but will both win at least once... Harvick will be shut out again, but will have the better all-around season.
-Either Tony Stewart or Ryan Newman will *have to rely on 2008 points or past champion's provisional to make the Daytona 500*.
-Kyle Busch will (amazingly) still lack the maturity to properly handle any detrimental situation to him or his team.
-Joey Logano will do better in the 20 than he has the 02 or 96, but won't set the world on fire.
-Juan Pablo Montoya will be at the head of the Ganassi\Earnhardt class, even winning on a 1.5-mile oval. Martin who?
-Mark Martin will win races and make the Chase, but in typical Martin style, will come up short at Homestead.
-First time winners will be David Ragan and Marcos Ambrose (on a roadie, of course).

Last edited by Andre on Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Crashman wrote:
This, however, has been an argument that has been going on since 2005. It's come up at the beginning of the year, and NASCAR keeps saying ''We're contemplating a solution''

How, by going ahead and turning the Nationwide car into a COT so more Cup teams and drivers can continue to use the races as a practice run for Cup? :lol:

Back when the COT was introduced I thought it'd finally be a good reason for Cup drivers to lose interest in fapping off easy wins in Busch, but sadly, not only has that not happened, NASCAR's making it even more convenient now, with the new Nationwide COT. :x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:36 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kornnut43 wrote:
-Either Tony Stewart or Ryan Newman will miss the Daytona 500 (i.e. whichever one isn't taking the 66 points from this year).

Stewart has a past champions provisional so he won't be missing any of the first seven races (at least), which is why Newman will probably get the 66's points and Stewart will have the 70's points.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:29 am 
Newman and Stewart will most likely make all the cup races next season, unless Newman or Stewart DNF in so many races, they're outside the top 35 in points and they have to race in.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

joha107 wrote:
kornnut43 wrote:
-Either Tony Stewart or Ryan Newman will miss the Daytona 500 (i.e. whichever one isn't taking the 66 points from this year).

Stewart has a past champions provisional so he won't be missing any of the first seven races (at least), which is why Newman will probably get the 66's points and Stewart will have the 70's points.

Yowsa. That's a pretty sizeable brain cramp on my behalf. It has been edited. :)

The 70 finished 43rd in points this year, so those points are pretty much useless, aren't they? If that's the case, Stewart would be able to give the 39 the 66's points, and the 14 would be able to fall back on a past champion's provisional for six times, or whatever. Not that he'll necessarily need them, though. It's just that Daytona should be very interesting without testing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:03 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kornnut43 wrote:
joha107 wrote:
kornnut43 wrote:

Yowsa. That's a pretty sizeable brain cramp on my behalf. It has been edited. :)

The 70 finished 43rd in points this year, so those points are pretty much useless, aren't they? If that's the case, Stewart would be able to give the 39 the 66's points, and the 14 would be able to fall back on a past champion's provisional for six times, or whatever. Not that he'll necessarily need them, though. It's just that Daytona should be very interesting without testing.

The 70's points aren't going to help much, not even in a rain out situation because Stewart would get in the race based on either being a past champion or winning a race last year (I forget which one comes first) before they fall back on last years owners points to set the field. I don't think you will see top teams going home next year unless the economy changes for the better quickly, the numbers just aren't there with some of the teams that could shut down or cut back, if they haven't already.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kornnut43 wrote:
-Kyle Busch will (amazingly) still lack the maturity to properly handle any detrimental situation to him or his team.

From what i've seen so far, it would be amazing for him to attain the maturity of a 12 year old
at any time during his career.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kyle Busch needs to be the dick he was the first 1/2 of the year. I need someone to hate with a passion.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:16 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

WordUpThome wrote:
BlueCelicaTRD wrote:
Kyle Busch needs to be the dick he was the first 1/2 of the year. I need someone to hate with a passion.

Earl.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next