TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next

Who will win the Sprint Cup?
Poll ended at Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:12 pm
Jawnson 72%  72%  [ 47 ]
Edwards 28%  28%  [ 18 ]
Total votes: 65
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

KK3869 wrote:
Carl was holding alot back during that final segment.

You don't think Kenseth was either? Hell, he had a huge lead.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:19 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ive gone to Homestead since 2005. This was the first year I didnt go to try and save money to go to the Daytona 500. Best decision Ive made this year considering I did NOT want to see Johnson win the championship again.

Hell of a drive by Edwards, great race and great effort, but its a shame he didnt get it.

Attaboy to Team Red Bull for getting the 84 back in the top 35 at the end of it. Shame for Ambrose, but Ive been a TRB fan waaaaay longer than an Ambrose fan.

Great run by Stewart in his last ride for JGR. Wish he coulda won the race after all theyve been through together.

Overall, a good race weekend. But in general, 2008 has been a pretty lackluster season for NASCAR in cup. A lot of boring races and considering the whole point of the COT was to create a more even field, and instead you had 3 drivers winning 20 of the races, shows the whole idea was messed up. And while I really dont like Johnson, I almost wish he'd clinched last week to proce the chase is a meaningless points system.

Last edited by Drew39 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:19 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

SirVanhan wrote:
Carl Edwards is the real NASCAR 2008 champion :lol:

Carl 5236
JJ 5220

Great, that's two titles that JJ didn't deserve...

;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:23 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gael wrote:
KK3869 wrote:
Carl was holding alot back during that final segment.

You don't think Kenseth was either? Hell, he had a huge lead.

I know he was too, but not as much as Carl probably.

Anyway Kasey finishes the season with a sixth place finish. And Bill Elliott and the Wood Bros finishes 12th in what will probably be his final race.

Almindinger finishes 11th and Scott Speed gets his first top 20 finish in 16th.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SirVanhan wrote:

Carl 5236
JJ 5220

Oh no, not again...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:25 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

SirVanhan wrote:

Carl 5236
JJ 5220

That is completely irrelevant.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Stewart beat Kenseth by 2 points to get into the top 10 in points.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Edwards will have a Talladega nightmare tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:42 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PAXTON wrote:
Edwards will have a Talladega nightmare tonight.

"What if I (insert regret excuse) with Greg instead?"

Yeah, he didnt' lose it in Phoenix but in Tally...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:43 am 
it was his own dumb fault for the Talladega wreck, golly gee willikers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:37 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: 43 104 Kevin Lepage Chevrolet J Davis Motorsports.com 94.005 155.021 -20.183
Carl probably still would of had a chance to win the championship,despite the Dega wreck.

I think it was the mechanical gremlin at Charlotte that hurt him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Both the truck and Cup race really livened up in the last quarter. 8O Oh well, credit where credit's due, Johnson and Knaus played the game perfectly, did what they do with the least amount of mistakes and won the prize. It's just that Carl's just such an awesome driver, really passionate and gets up on that wheel and digs so deep, it'd have been really cool to see him win it and cap off his 9 wins with the Cup, but Dega and then Charlotte was one mulligan too many. Hope he can prevent himself from making those mistakes again and win the Cup next year. He's been a machine in these last few races. 8)

I'm a big fan of Benson and with him leaving, it's only fitting that he won the CTS Championship before he goes. Drove a great season, as did Ron. Both had the honor off being spun out by Kyle, both had mechanical failures and nearly tied on wins. Kudos to the great sportsmanship displayed between him and Hornaday throughout the season right through to the end. Woohoo GO JOHNNY!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Interesting second half of the race. Congrats to Johnson on yet another title and Edwards on his string of dominant performances and wins in the second half of the season. Time for a much needed break.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:57 am 

"People forget that half of that #48 car is owned by Jeff Gordon, and the reason why he picked Jimmie to drive it was because he was also from California. He could of picked ANYONE to drive that car, and we would be talking about them being so dominant. He could have chosen Casey Atwood to drive that car, and Casey would be a NASCAR champion by now, and be going for his second championship this year." - coolmike

This post still cracks me up, as much as I don't like Johnson what he and that team is doing is amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Regarding Carl's fuel mileage:

Quote:
Matt Kenseth: "The 99 can’t do anything wrong and we can’t do anything right. I don’t understand how he can make power and still get that much better fuel mileage than us. I had such a big lead I was just riding around.”

Quote:
Jamie McMurray: "I’m just amazed that Carl was able to get that kind of fuel mileage. That’s incredible to have one of the fastest cars and get the best fuel mileage, a really good combination for him. But, it was a good night for our Crown Royal Ford Fusion. We had fast car, but the way the pit sequence worked out, we got shuffled back, and it wasn’t because we had bad pit stops or because we did anything wrong, it’s just the way it worked out.”

HOW CLOSE WERE YOU ON FUEL? “We were still two laps short and I ran that whole last lap letting off, like, halfway down the straightaway. I’m just amazed that the 99 is able to get that good of mileage and still be one of the fastest cars on the track. It’s incredible that they’re able to do that."

Quote:
Greg Biffle: "Unfortunately, we’re still not getting the fuel mileage that we need to be getting, so we had to stop like everybody else and get fuel. We thought about ducking in and getting a little gas there, but we worked so hard to get track position all day that we hardly wanted to give it up at the end and come in for a splash of gas. We figured there would be another caution and we’d be racing with two tires or something, but there was no caution. There were a lot of green-flag runs today. We ended up third in the points, so we’re excited about that and we’ll look forward to next year.”

WERE YOU ON THE SAME STRATEGY AS THE 99? “We were on the same strategy as the 99 and we were seven laps short and the 99 made it. We were eight laps short at Texas and the 99 made it, so they just get a little bit better gas mileage than we get and we’re gonna work this winter on trying to analyze a little bit on why they’re getting a little better mileage than we are. Hopefully, next year we’ll be getting a little better mileage."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:50 am 

Congrats to Johnson, these guys are winning machines.

Also congrats to Kvapil for a 7th place finish! Hopefully we'll see some more improvement next year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:26 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The gas mileage thing comes down to gearing and how the driver is driving too. Some are just damn good at it and some arent. Carl has shown he is good at it imo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It amazes me that those guys trying to make it on fuel mileage were in no way even close to the minimum speed

I wish NASCAR would say you can do the fuel mileage thing...long as you maintain minimum speed....but they won't cause its NASCAR.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Btw, Regan Smith won ROTY.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:10 am 

Racefan4ever wrote:
It amazes me that those guys trying to make it on fuel mileage were in no way even close to the minimum speed

I wish NASCAR would say you can do the fuel mileage thing...long as you maintain minimum speed....but they won't cause its NASCAR.

Huh?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next