All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: DEGA - Trucks & Cup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:
amq55 wrote:
Ian-S wrote:
Don’t forget Crafton also said “I’ll finish you off in homestead you little fucker” (it’s at the end of one of the videos).

This modern “let’s punish everybody equally” policy is bullshit too, Crafton started it, therefore he shoulders 100% of the responsibility for what happens after. If you are going to start victim punishing, then all hell is going to break loose and you’re going to have outright brawls and people will then get seriously hurt because most people will be like “well this chickenshit rule mean I’m getting punished for being punched anyway, so I might as well get my moneys worth”.

No you punish the instigator first before the victim, words are just words at the end of the day, broken noses is a different level.

What's the decision when Sanchez retaliates, risking more serious injuries to Crafton?

That's "if" rather than "when", and what's the point speculating on the punishment for something that hasn't happened yet and might not?

Crafton needs to be suspended, nothing for Sanchez. You can't blame a guy for what he says when he's just been punched out of nowhere and dripping blood all over the floor.

What he said ^^

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Crafton trying to call the on-track accident a "cheap shot" is some hilarious, bad-faith nonsense. Like I said earlier, I think he's right to be upset about the accident but it was just a mistake/misjudgment. It wasn't particularly egregious or aggressive. Just the standard superspeedway crap that everyone has to constantly deal with.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:46 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Am I the only one who doesn’t see any difference between this and any other between the haulers/in the garage after the race fight? Sure have the optics of a piss pants bloodied rich zoomer dipshit getting his face caved in by a starting to find piss in his pants old dude trying to show what happens if you try that in a small town. This is no different than what Jimmy Spencer, Richard Childres, etc have done in the past and life goes on. People been breaking this down like the zapruder film, like it’s something we’ve never seen before. Happens all the time just this time it was filmed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I get what you're saying but to just blindside someone with a punch over THAT kind of on-track accident is pretty shameful. There's a difference between going to confront someone and just straight up calculated assault.

But, to be fair, it's true that we probably don't have any idea how often fights have gone down like that over the years. We're definitely just used to seeing them start more "fairly" for lack of a better term.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:08 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Well there’s the rub, on the track everyone is equal. All vehicles weigh the same and drivers hold the same responsibility to use or not to use it as a weapon. Off the track, suddenly everyone is supposed to stay in their weight class? That’s kinda bullshit, there’s a bunch of drivers in racing that would have their head on a swivel to see if the guy who parked in their pit box was looking for them. I find it hard to believe no one knew in the Sanchez camp Crafton was looking for him. If no one from the Siegel team was watching for something like this, that’s on them. Maybe this is my upbringing but I knew from an early age if someone was pissed at you, you protect yourself starting with knowing where that other person is at all times.

This isn’t Roger McDowell being the second spitter, this is something we don’t know the truth on. Not in a million years would Sanchez’s mom say anything other than what her son said happened. There were a good handful of people in that fight. I want to see what NASCAR does before I make a judgement.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A 23XI photographer backed up Sanchez's account as well, and nobody's corroborating Crafton's story. If it had played out the way Matt said and there was an argument that led to the first punch, guaranteed in a Talladega race weekend garage someone would have their phone on it earlier. The fact that nobody started filming until after the hit on Sanchez supports his version of the story more than Crafton's.

Maybe in the states skulls are harder, but in Australia there were enough instances of death and permanent brain damage from king hits that new laws were introduced to charge offenders with intent for grievous bodily harm which can carry a 25 year sentence. A punch like this would likely get you pushed out of any professional sport here real quick.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah that's what people seem to forget about punches, the consequences of being punched. Concussion or worse. People have died from a single punch and this one had been enough to break his nose and draw a lot of blood.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:45 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Gaara wrote:
Yeah that's what people seem to forget about punches, the consequences of being punched. Concussion or worse. People have died from a single punch and this one had been enough to break his nose and draw a lot of blood.
Just happened at an NFL game a few weeks ago in the stands. Guy got dropped by a punch and died.

Having said that, I do believe that the on the track product was probably cleaner when the guys would settle it back behind the trailers and not on the track, using their cars, especially at bigger tracks.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In not-shocking news, NASCAR once again pusses out on a real penalty: https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-truck ... /10528155/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:16 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

So what did the dad do to get suspended for the year?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

From the video it looks like he went for Crafton but who wouldn’t if you saw your son get sucker punched in the paddock.

Chicken shit decision by NASCAR, all penalising the “victim” does is now tells them next time they're on the end of a fist thry might as well finish the guy off cos they’re getting penalised no matter what. Talk about victim blaming lol.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:17 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Lack of a strong leader who would bring them together in a meeting and tell them to cut the shit out, or else.

This is all performative.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh, lovely, Homestead is gonna be a bloodbath then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Elton Sawyer said that they will be getting them together for a meeting before the Homestead race.