TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah but god only knows how the next car will run on these tracks. They seem very committed to low HP and, while I know they have a lot more testing and refining to do with it, the next gen car has always looked extraordinarily draggy. From what the drivers who have tested it so far have said, it sounds like it should be better on the regular tracks, but I haven't seen anything about it so far that fills me with any confidence about how it will run at Daytona/Talladega.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Agreed with Dale Jr., however. Get rid of the yellow line rule. For years, this dumb rule causes more problems than it's supposed to solve. Just get rid of it. All it does is create more danger.

And if you need more proof, just ask the folks in 2009 who got shrapnel in their face because a race car flew into the fucking catchfence.

Think that would've happened without the yellow line rule?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:02 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Don't like the finish? At least gives a thumbs down on this video to show your discontentment

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:47 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought the races over the whole weekend were very uninteresting. It's as if the people running them have no idea what the original intention was.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:10 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

based on the rule NASCAR made the right call, the rule just shouldn’t exist. i was surprised denny denny was able to keep it straight on the flat - but it was either there or pile into the guys in front. sucks for matty-d, he had a well earned 2nd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so if it was the 21 in place of 11 would they enforce the rule? I hope this is the final straw for this bulshit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:04 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Baffling, that one

In life you like to cling to logic to guide you and you hope those in positions of power use logic to explain their decision making process

Yesterday was just....so far away from the logic that NASCAR has established in previous races here I couldn't make head nor tail of it
It was like a UK Government briefing about the restrictions on life due to the corona virus

"Stay outside the yellow line, except go below the yellow line when you need to of course. But if you are forced there, you won't win. But you might win if we like you. If you force someone there, we will DQ you. Unless its the last lap when we don't want to.
If you're a little guy, the yellow line is lava. If you're an established big team, you can do whatever the hell you want
So to sum up, keep away from the yellow line, but only if you can. If you can't, you won't win. But you might"

I'm with Dale Jr on this one.

Aside from that, one element I liked is the repair racing going on yesterday
It gave me an idea that maybe instead of competittion cautions NASCAR should just mandate a compulsory big one at lap 15 or so, then once they've got their highlight reel wreck out of the way, everyone else can compete at repairing their cars and getting back on with a proper race if they're able to fix them
Hell, they could probably take the plates off in this repair window, as they'll probably not be able to make anywhere near the speeds they could first time around anyway
Then we could have a decent race for 90% of it AND they could big up how much the team contributed to the win, like it was an endurance race or something

Stupid idea really but hell, NASCAR has come up with worse reecntly so lets do this

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:32 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
so if it was the 21 in place of 11 would they enforce the rule? I hope this is the final straw for this bulshit

the 24 went down there in front of hamlin and was also not penalized. additionally, right before the first overtime crash chase elliot goes down there after joey logano blocked him down to the apron. there was a precedent, and nascar was at least consistent in how they applied the rule in this race.

but it seems we all agree, this fuckin rule needs to go

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:29 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

codename_47 wrote:
Aside from that, one element I liked is the repair racing going on yesterday
It gave me an idea that maybe instead of competittion cautions NASCAR should just mandate a compulsory big one at lap 15 or so, then once they've got their highlight reel wreck out of the way, everyone else can compete at repairing their cars and getting back on with a proper race if they're able to fix them

Extra points if you flip over. Double extra points if you end up in the catch fencing.