TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:46 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

SB83 wrote:

Low quality posting man....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sergio wrote:

What, we can't make fun of what was a hugely embarrassing comedic error that went all the way up to the FBI, all because an entire organisation mistook a simple garage door rope for a noose? Ease up 'man'...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:22 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

SB83 wrote:
Sergio wrote:

What, we can't make fun of what was a hugely embarrassing comedic error that went all the way up to the FBI, all because an entire organisation mistook a simple garage door rope for a noose? Ease up 'man'...

You could, but look at what you posted.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:29 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I understand your pic from a ironic pov.
However i wouldnt call the situation a comedic error especially with the personal hate comments and probably already proven real life threats Bubba has to endure because off this situation nascar has created.
Embarrasing yes for sure.
You should put Nascar's name instead off Bubba's ont that pic that would bring a laugh for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sergio wrote:
I understand your point from a ironic pov.

Thanks, and yes, while I didn't make the meme, it should ideally say NASCAR instead of Bubba.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:13 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

This is the thing I don’t get. If your meme tells a story that isn’t true, why don’t you take it down?

Is it because you like the narrative it spreads anyways?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tristar 7AT wrote:
This is the thing I don’t get. If your meme tells a story that isn’t true, why don’t you take it down?

Is it because you like the narrative it spreads anyways?

So you're saying Bubba went with a different narrative to the one NASCAR jumped to? While he didn't discover the rope, he told CNN that, “I saw it and that was a straight-up noose”. So yea, the meme still applies.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:10 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Joe4345 wrote:
Oh boy. Apparently it was the garage door pull down rope all along.

here's a photo of said noose. I think everyone has seen it by now.

Except Bubba Wallace?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wait a moment. Maybe It was already ask but, if this was for so long there, was there any person, I don't know, mechanic from last year/person working on track/fan, who said that it was there for so long? I mean if I was mechanic in that garage during last year I'd propably remember that thing and would take picture of myself with it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:28 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

So tell me whats false here.

Weeks ago the protests sweep the nation and parts of the world fighting for the rights of the black population.

Bubba takes up a leadership role as being the only black driver in NASCAR's top series.

As the movement grows NASCAR tackles the issue head on with moments of silence and a pretty aggressive social message push.

NASCAR bans the Confederate flags from events.

The reaction from the opposition is very strong, threats are made towards the sport and Bubba Wallace in particular.

Talladega weekend.

Protesters with the Confederate flag line streets leading to the track.

Someone from the 43 team notices the rope and knot, reports it to the crew chief, crew chief reports it to NASCAR.

NASCAR puts out a statement saying a noose has been found in the garage of the 43 and an investigation has begun.

It is also been made aware Bubba Wallace did not see the noose but has been told this is what it is.

A plane funded by the Confederate Sons of Veterans flies over the track with a banner displaying the flag and a message.

NASCAR drivers and teams decide to show a message of solidarity before the race and stand with Bubba and his car.

The investigation continues.

FBI releases statement yesterday shows that the rope with noose is actually a pull rope that has existed since at least next year.

I think I got this right so far. The events all happened, the rope and knot existed, Bubba Wallace didn't get the ball rolling on this. Bubba reacted exactly how everyone else would have reacted given the exact circumstances. Yet here we are calling him Bubba Smollet like he actively planned this ahead of time. Calling it a hoax and so forth. If I was in his shoes I'd be thinking the exact same stuff. How many people in the garage area actually saw the rope this weekend. Who knows what information was presented to Bubba in the time leading up to the conclusion of the FBI investigation. I'm gonna go out on a limb here Bubba was shown a picture by the team of what it looked like but it wasn't a far angle shot of the 21 car in front of the garage showing everything in context. If someone walked up to that rope, took a picture of it and showed it to me, absolutely I would think that's a noose placed maliciously. So tell me where I'm wrong in anything I just wrote?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ziomkris96 wrote:
Wait a moment. Maybe It was already ask but, if this was for so long there, was there any person, I don't know, mechanic from last year/person working on track/fan, who said that it was there for so long? I mean if I was mechanic in that garage during last year I'd propably remember that thing and would take picture of myself with it

Yes. There is a post on the Wood Brothers' Twitter account which states that one of their crew remembered the knot from when they were in the same garage last November.

EDIT:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I guess Dega will have to purchase automatic garage doors before the next race

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:16 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

LucasWheldon wrote:
I guess Dega will have to purchase automatic garage doors before the next race

Those ropes are installed on them too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
funny here we don't see ropes, generally are rubber straps, when the entrance is just a sort of a rolling canopy

for those regular garage doors around here they use a steel bar with a hook to pull more firmly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:41 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Apparently Bubba doubled down on the noose narrative on CNN last night. Not seeing anyone here bring that up, but if true, really REALLY doesn't help his cause and frankly he deserves some meme fueled flak if so.

Sent from my One Max using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:07 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Dicksplaash wrote:
Joe4345 wrote:
Oh boy. Apparently it was the garage door pull down rope all along.

here's a photo of said noose. I think everyone has seen it by now.

Except Bubba Wallace?

Bubba didn't report it though, someone else did.

I take it as a bit of an overreaction, plus Bubba may have known of its use as a Garage door and think about it like that till after it was brought up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:44 pm 

They should have mantained it was a noose, now people will say THERE IS NO RACISM ...
White lies and all that...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:22 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tristar 7AT wrote:
I think I got this right so far. The events all happened, the rope and knot existed, Bubba Wallace didn't get the ball rolling on this. Bubba reacted exactly how everyone else would have reacted given the exact circumstances. Yet here we are calling him Bubba Smollet like he actively planned this ahead of time. Calling it a hoax and so forth. If I was in his shoes I'd be thinking the exact same stuff. How many people in the garage area actually saw the rope this weekend. Who knows what information was presented to Bubba in the time leading up to the conclusion of the FBI investigation. I'm gonna go out on a limb here Bubba was shown a picture by the team of what it looked like but it wasn't a far angle shot of the 21 car in front of the garage showing everything in context. If someone walked up to that rope, took a picture of it and showed it to me, absolutely I would think that's a noose placed maliciously. So tell me where I'm wrong in anything I just wrote?

This ^
The more i look & think about this the more i think this whole thing looks like a carefully planned setup.

Again Bubba is not at fault here but those who made the report off this matter and nascar overreacting on it.
Bubba reacts like every person would do in this situation if some can imagen this.

Like a said a page back:
It takes less than a day to investigate something like this. A quick perusal of the camera or else should tell the whole story. Nascar could have addressed this story and investigation that day.

And here we are.
People are not talking about the blunder of nascar.
People are talking about Bubba's reaction.
Still people want to believe that Bubba has something to with it so that they can say you see its a hoax racism doesn't exist this Bubba guy is ruining our sport etc etc.
Now convient would that be ey?

The more Bubba comes on tv on this matter the more he will get Smolleted the more nascar's error dissappears to the background.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:48 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

This is literally the worst outcome possible

Mistakes happen I guess, but the two most likely outcomes is that something got mistaken for a noose (and it can't have been that door tie either, those pics were around before the FBI statement) and it blew out of proportion because tensions are understandably high atm, or maybe there was something like a noose in the garage and NASCAR is covering it up for PR reasons

Now the worst kind of people are emboldened to victim blame Bubba and do nothing about the actual problem with racism NASCAR definitely has atm. The whole bullshit over the loser flag being banned bringing out the worst kind of people and BLM making people counter-protest as if they think only black lives matter and not bringing equality to all

This will make things 10x worse tbh. Now THEY are emboldened by half truths and misunderstandings ugh

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Didn't read the lasts posts, just wanted to post this:

The airplane wasn't there since 2019....

And whatever the cause, the action before the race was one of the most important moments in any sport. The stuff you only see in movies.

Like people say about sim racing wins, the emotions were real.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next