TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 811 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LOL. Only way this could get worse is if Bubba gets legit fired by Petty for his behavior.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:06 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

That race was just plain unwatchable. They somehow manage to make themselves look worse than your average bottom split NiS race.

At least Homestead was ha ha funny. Texas was amazing to watch. This is just beyond awful.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This was a shit show, an entertaining shit show but a shit show none the less.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

At least the Radioactive will be potential gold.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:13 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

This race was really hard to watch, it was fun but it was also really stupid. The Wallace thing is even dumber. I hope they do a plate race.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I might actually consider firing him for that. They're still getting paid and if they're out there with a real sponsors name on the car they are representing that brand on a live national TV broadcast. These races are at the very least the same thing as a sponsor event.

I don't care if it's not real. If that's my brand on the car you will conduct yourself accordingly or you can get funding from someone else. Despite how stupid it might seem, I'm with Blue-Emu on this I think.

I'd also be just as angry at Clint and iRacing should park him for a week. If you don't WANT to do this, don't. But don't show up and behave like an ass and then get mad when people call you out on said asshatery.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I gotta say, I don't mind Bubba quitting at all. If Clint just gets to intentionally wreck Bubba for something that was Clint's own fault, why the fuck should Bubba (or anyone else) put up with it? Shit, the rest of us all pay to run these races just for fun and we shouldn't have to put up with people ruining the fun of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:16 pm 

I'm siding with Bubba here as well because why the fuck should he have to put up with Clint Bowyer's bullshit? Sure, Clint's a memelord, but he has no right to ruin the fun of others with the way he's driving yesterday.

That being said, there's "not taking it seriously" and there's "acting like children". Honestly, both sides were acting like children in this ordeal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:08 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

westracing01 wrote:
I might actually consider firing him for that. They're still getting paid and if they're out there with a real sponsors name on the car they are representing that brand on a live national TV broadcast. These races are at the very least the same thing as a sponsor event.

I don't care if it's not real. If that's my brand on the car you will conduct yourself accordingly or you can get funding from someone else. Despite how stupid it might seem, I'm with Blue-Emu on this I think.

I'd also be just as angry at Clint and iRacing should park him for a week. If you don't WANT to do this, don't. But don't show up and behave like an ass and then get mad when people call you out on said asshatery.

"I don't care if it's not real" :slaphead:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Face slap all you want, Bubba still lost a sponsor over this. The drivers might not care, but those who are paying the bills apparently do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I get the "it's just a video game" argument, but I can't completely fault Blu-Emu on this.

If a professional athlete conducts himself in an unprofessional manner in a high-profile online event like this, especially one that is being broadcast on national television, what's going to stop them from acting in the same manner in real life? Would you at least be a little skeptical as to whether that person should represent your brand?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

(Top line)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:33 am 

Cartman wrote:
I get the "it's just a video game" argument, but I can't completely fault Blu-Emu on this.

If a professional athlete conducts himself in an unprofessional manner in a high-profile online event like this, especially one that is being broadcast on national television, what's going to stop them from acting in the same manner in real life? Would you at least be a little skeptical as to whether that person should represent your brand?

Honestly, the bigger issue is that Clint Bowyer drove like a twat in the race, which lead to this situation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:29 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

westracing01 wrote:
Face slap all you want, Bubba still lost a sponsor over this. The drivers might not care, but those who are paying the bills apparently do.

There's a global pandemic going on, a computer game car race simply does not matter. You and this two-bit sponsor need to get your priorities in order.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the ost wrote:
westracing01 wrote:

There's a global pandemic going on, a computer game car race simply does not matter. You and this two-bit sponsor need to get your priorities in order.

If it's a major part of the strategy to keep a form of motorsport and its participants alive, it does matter. The pandemic will pass, and amongst the mourning we will have to take stock of what's left of the global economy and all forms of entertainment and sport that rely on it. eSports is one of the only remaining ways for the business of motor racing to maintain a presence, promote their partners and possibly at some point even make a profit, and who knows how long that will continue to be the case. Bubba repeatedly calling it a "video game" just shows he doesn't get this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think NASCAR more than any other sport will come out of this realising how much opportunity eSports offers for them to promote their business. As much as they've been desperately trying to be more "fan friendly" in the current era and appeal to both young audiences and fans from 20 years ago, virtual competition gives them a lot of options they would never have in real cars on real tracks. Just off the top of my head:
  • fan heats to give fans the opportunity to compete against real drivers
  • a "masters" series to get current and former drivers into previous-gen cars on old tracks (would be great if iRacing ever finished the rumoured early 90's stock car)
  • allowing new sponsors a cheap way to test exposure
  • ability to experiment with concepts that have been talked about for years, such as mid-week broadcasts, different race formats, more dirt/short track events
  • way more cross-promotion opportunity through inviting drivers from other forms of motorsport, competing at non-NASCAR tracks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Some of the streams on Twitch have been entertaining. I've spent the last two nights watching Justin Allgaier race. He answers chat questions about racing stuff while he's running, which is always good. Parker Kligerman's stream is another I've followed the last few days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quite a few drivers I've found have been entertaining. Garrett Smithley and Landon Cassill are good streams to watch. They interact with the viewers quite a bit and they are both have entertaining personalities.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:14 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Philthy82 wrote:
the ost wrote:
westracing01 wrote:

If it's a major part of the strategy to keep a form of motorsport and its participants alive, it does matter. The pandemic will pass, and amongst the mourning we will have to take stock of what's left of the global economy and all forms of entertainment and sport that rely on it. eSports is one of the only remaining ways for the business of motor racing to maintain a presence, promote their partners and possibly at some point even make a profit, and who knows how long that will continue to be the case. Bubba repeatedly calling it a "video game" just shows he doesn't get this.

You are partly correct. I don't disagree with your assessment, but most of these people are professional drivers, but amateur gamers. They are doing this for fun. You can't expect them to be professional gamers overnight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

no pro race this wkn but the drivers have gone rogue

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 811 Next