TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
plus stop fucking shouting, Junior is getting as annoying as Burton, they both seem to be far more interested in how high and loud they can get their voices than doing their actual job

The sound of Junior's voice when he's shouting kind of bugs me, but I do appreciate that he legit seems excited, and that it isn't an act. https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/1046570909241413632

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ian-S wrote:
racer612008 wrote:
Thought it was a pretty good event overall in terms of attending in-person. Not what I expected as I thought it would be giving Martinsville a run for it's money on wreckfests. Bummed that Hemric got junked there at the end (on-top of the BS chicane cutting stop & go yesterday, V8SC redress system would be better despite it's flaws). Not sure what the TV broadcast showed, but there was a ton of brawling in the mid pack during parts of it. Busch race was kinda meh at times, but was a tad bit too short & also heard that the TV broadcast solely focused on the front. Also hope Buescher & Suarez get penalties for the bullshit they pulled on each other after the race (intent wrecking). Ended up sitting in the Ford Upper Terrace today which was great as you could see the whole track.

Yeah, TV focuses on the leaders and barely showed anything in the pack, when they did, they either cut away from a lead battle to the mid-pack and missed it anyway, or split screen it, or cut away from the mid-pack battle after five seconds because nothing happened.

I genuinely believe some of NASCARS's issues are their TV production, it's awful, the director focuses solely on the leaders, the commentators prattle on about whatever they want and half the time miss what's happening on screen, at important times they go silent instead of commentating, just because a person has a tv, doesn't mean they are always looking at the screen, plus stop fucking shouting, Junior is getting as annoying as Burton, they both seem to be far more interested in how high and loud they can get their voices than doing their actual job and the other two aren't much better, the main commentator only has two catchphrases and he uses them every three minutes. I really wish they'd commentate on what is happening on screen and treat the viewer as if they were blind (the way radio and MRN does it) rather than what they do, I muted the volume half way through, and didn't miss a thing due to such little information being conveyed through the screen to me by them.
I guess that follows the usual pattern of only following the leaders on TV at Charlotte.

Hope they didn"t change cameras every 7 seconds like Charlotte's Speedway TV broadcast. That was annoying as hell. Also used weird cameras where signage would block angles

Haven't been to a NASCAR race in the stands in a while at Charlotte. But it was neat to hear that they had their own PA broadcast this time along with PRN for pit stops (Squier was lead, with Lenny from PRN's short track program as secondary.)

Sent from my SM-S766C using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
I got whoever's in the #23. Can't be arsed to remember/find out who that is. I just know it's a sucky random pick.

well at least it had a moment. Now I'm hungry for their chicken supremes, seasoned fries & tea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:34 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Olala coverage

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13