TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 519 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:46 pm 

carfan20 wrote:
looks like NASCAR already has Brad Keselowski's name printed on the 2010 championship trophy. :o

To remind Carl who shoved it up his a$$, hopefully. :flag:

Sadly, Brad is a little sissy boy who wouldn't have and won't retaliate.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I can't think of a worse decision than putting Brad on probation. Didn't do a fucking thing wrong. God damn this is fucking stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:54 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ellis wrote:
I'm normally against this sort of stuff, but enough is enough. Get Bob in that car and get Carl put on his roof.

Fixed...

The sad thing is NASCAR have only given these penalties because they've been pressured into it, not because they felt Carl's prickery actually deserved it.

Brad should make Carl sweat for his payback. Let him know privately that, yeah, they're on probation, but that's only temporary and maybe he'll do it on sunday and sit out a race, or maybe he'll wait 5 years and do it then. But every time they're together on track, he should be worried about it happening.
Just let him know its coming, he's just not going to say when.

That might teach that guy that he isn't gods gift to racing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:59 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah there's 0 reason for Keselowski to be on probation.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:06 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

If they're starting to issue preventative penalties they should give one out to Kyle Busch too because, although he's been calm recently....c'mon, the dude gets maddddddd.....

Tony Stewart too, probably.

Not saying its right, but hey NASCAR, if that's how it works now.... :o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:27 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

FHgrad99 wrote:
I can definately understand why both Carl and Brad were both put on probation for this incident. I think this is the best thing Nascar could do to prevent another incident between the two of them from happening again this season.

So punish Brad for being the victim of a crime? Punish him for a crime he might commit?

NASCAR, you're doing it fucking wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:13 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Quote:
UPDATE: NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said the punishments would have no effect on a renewed commitment to an unwritten code of frontier justice that allows drivers latitude for banging fenders at 200 mph in the goal of self-policing the sport. "Absolutely," said Pemberton, who set the tone for this year's aggression with his oft-quoted "Boys, have at it" pronouncement in January. "We think it works well. We think the vast majority of competitors throughout all our series have handled themselves accordingly and measured their actions and reactions accordingly. We feel they've done an outstanding job. We're not changing the policy. We just have two competitors who have gone over the edge." The probations apply across all three national series, as Edwards and Keselowski are racing full time in the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series.(USA Today)(7-22-2010)

Dude, fuck that. Brad is just racing to win, Carl is the one driving like an idiot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
FHgrad99 wrote:
I can definately understand why both Carl and Brad were both put on probation for this incident. I think this is the best thing Nascar could do to prevent another incident between the two of them from happening again this season.

So punish Brad for being the victim of a crime? Punish him for a crime he might commit?

Ban Edwards and there will be no chances for Keselowski to take revenge. This is so easy.
Maybe they'll stay calm for a while, but after the end of the probation what is it going to happen? It will be all just the same, that's it, because probation isn't solving a problem, but just procrastination.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SirVanhan wrote:
ellis wrote:
FHgrad99 wrote:

Ban Edwards and there will be no chances for Keselowski to take revenge. This is so easy.
Maybe they'll stay calm for a while, but after the end of the probation what is it going to happen? It will be all just the same, that's it, because probation isn't solving a problem, but just procrastination.

Fat chance unless you ban him for good which isn't happening. It'll be pretty much the same thing as probation. I just think NASCAR is trying to keep this shit from spewing over any more and involving innocent parties like last week. If Carl and Brad so badly want to "settle their differences" they really need to consider somewhere else than the race track.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:07 pm 

Nascar putting both Carl and Brad on probation is insane. That basically makes Carl feel some sort of validation for driving like a complete ass, and Brad can no longer do a damn thing about it. Way to go Nascar on your new 'have at it Carl' racing policy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think NASCAR just kinda wanted to hold the reins on Keselowski a bit, just not to have the situation made worse. I mean, you had Bob and Brian out there planning their own revenge by doing who knows what (which could have been just as dangerous as what Carl did), and I think the probation is just to prevent things from getting too out of hand. I know Carl should be wrecked harder than anyone has been before, but it could still get pretty messy.

I was just looking at this, however. Carl got 190 points for the win, and Brad got 131. Carl went from gaining 59 to losing 1. :lol:

Still not nearly enough, but kinda weird.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That might actually be the exact reason for the amount of points they took back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I suppose. If their messed up mentality (the same one that got Brad on probation, for some reason) saw it fit to put Brad in the same boat as Carl, then yeah, putting them in the corner and saying "You two finish with the same amount of points" works.

Kinda makes sense, I guess.

Carl's still getting off light... BAH! I'm just bummed out I'll (more than likely) be missing both the Truck and Nationwide ORP races this weekend. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ryan Newman just said that Brad simply needs to deck Carl.

:flag:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The trucks have finished their first session at ORP. Top 5: Peters, Crafton, Sauter, Lofton, & Hornaday. Ickler is running the #18 KBM truck this week and was sixth. Shelby Howard is in the #2 KHR truck and was ninth.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chris A wrote:
The trucks have finished their first session at ORP. Top 5: Peters, Crafton, Sauter, Lofton, & Hornaday. Ickler is running the #18 KBM truck this week and was sixth. Shelby Howard is in the #2 KHR truck and was ninth.

Kyle is driving the truck tonight, Ickler is filling in while hes at the big track. He was 6th in the first practice they ran in which Johnny Sauter was the fastest.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My mom doesn't watch NASCAR, but she heard that anthem from her room and said "Shoot it and put it out of it's misery" :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:10 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah, that was NOT a good anthem at all. :yuk:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yup definitely at a truck race.

Also three chicks in this race tonight. Plz prey.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Green!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 519 Next