TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2789 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20140 Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:04 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
Bingo.

Lining up directly from time-trials has no place in weekly racing, IMO.

South Boston only does that in the second race on a twin night, usually (even though they didn't do that last night). As far as I know Motor Mile doesn't do any inverts for any division. Langley does invert for the lower divisions but not for the Late Models or Modifieds. I agree that weekly racing needs inverts or redraws after qualifying but all the drivers around here whine and cry about it whenever they bring it up.

This thread pretty much sums up the debate about inverts around here:
http://racerap.com/racerap/viewmsg.php? ... 749b58e932

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Our openin weekend went well, imo. Track local won the big time touring division race.

We run a handicapping system at our track for lineups.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well, I didn't hear about this until yesterday but there was a bit of a brawl at Auburndale a week or so ago between two street stock drivers. The only information I could find was on the websites results page and their official Facebook page.

From what I can gather though the night went something like this. In the street stock heat race earlier in the night, the #5 got into the #29 (bumped him, spun him, I've no clue.) Whatever it was the 29 wasn't happy about it, so unhappy he was willing to destroy both of their cars to get his payback, which he went around telling alot of people he was going to do. Some people on the comments suggested that he had a few to drink that night before showing up at the track.

Now I did find video of it. Granted it isn't the best quality for actually seeing the wreck itself, you get a pretty good idea of what actually happened. The 5 car is starting outside pole and the 29 inside third row. They head off into the turn and the 29 pile drives the 5 into the outside wall, causing his own car to tip and rollover onto his roof.

Neither driver was seriously injured but they were both disqualified and the driver of the 29 is no longer welcome to race at Auburndale.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:49 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

markmartinfan wrote:
I agree that weekly racing needs inverts or redraws after qualifying but all the drivers around here whine and cry about it whenever they bring it up.

This thread pretty much sums up the debate about inverts around here:
http://racerap.com/racerap/viewmsg.php? ... 749b58e932

The track's response should be two words - Tough shit. Then again, doing something like that would put the pressure on the tracks to penalize guys for rough driving (including sitting chronic wreckers for a period of time) and to keep on top of both tech and weekly purses, and what track in their right mind wants to do that? That's actual work, and it'd take money away from bringing in Grave Digger or some shit like that.

Also, friends don't make friends read RaceRap... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

man is that a 7 car street stock field? how do you have heats for that?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I've no idea honestly. They did it with the bandoleros a few weeks ago and there was only about 8 or 9 of them. I assume they do it more as a qualifying race than a heat.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

looks interesting
http://www.speed51.com/2011_Stories/PAS ... ignup.html

Don't know that I would fork out $20 to watch it on an internet stream though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:00 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

TheShermanator wrote:
looks interesting
http://www.speed51.com/2011_Stories/PAS ... ignup.html

Don't know that I would fork out $20 to watch it on an internet stream though.

The race itself will likely be epic as there were 77 cars at North Wilkesboro today for the first day of practice. However, I question the quality of the stream. From one of the comments I read on their facebook page it sounds like it's going to be a one camera deal and who knows if the person operating it will be any good. If they could be more specific maybe more people would consider it. I won't be able to watch it anyway as I'll be at Langley Speedway's opener which looks like it will have an incredibly strong car count in pretty much all divisions.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:14 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hows their LMSC roster shaping up?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:28 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
Hows their LMSC roster shaping up?

For Langley it's looking like we could see mid 20s for the Late Models this weekend. South Boston had 26 at their opener but they usually have inflated car counts for their first couple races since they're the first track to open, the following couple weeks they had 17 and 16. Motor Mile Speedway typically has the best car count in the region with mid to high 20s on average, but they only had 21 for their opener. If the trend continues Langley could have the best LMSC count in the region.

Langley has picked up a bunch of former Southside Speedway drivers since that track is now closed. This will likely benefit Langley's Modified division the most since no other asphalt track in VA runs IMCA type modifieds, and the Rolling Thunder Modified Tour is a bigger joke than ever.

These are the drivers I expect to be there this weekend:

1. (1) Kyle Waltz
2. (2) Matt Waltz
3. (4) Nick Smith
4. (7) Dude Gibbs
5. (01) Jeff Shiflett
6. (05) Doug Godsey
7. (06) Dean Shiflett
8. (15) Jeff Oakley
9. (20) Gary Weeks
10. (21) Greg Edwards
11. (26) Danny Edwards Jr.
12. (29) Casey Wyatt
13. (33) ? Reinhardt [A rookie from NJ I haven't heard of before]
14. (34) Paul DeBolt
15. (40) CE Falk
16. (41) Wes Falk
17. (45) Doug Warren
18. (55) Mark Wertz
19. (88) Mitch Sarvis
20. (90) Terry Carroll
21. (95) Shayne Lockhart

I'm about 90% certain all of those drivers will be there, some possible additional entries include:
22. (38) Duane Shreeves
23. (5) Mike Southard
24. (56) Adam Florian
25. (84) [second car fielded by Randy Sears]
26. (12) [another unknown rookie]
27. (0) Chris Dodson
28. (02) Greg Fernandez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:47 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Opening night at Langley Speedway began with ominous looking skies, but there were strong counts in most of the divisions. The Modifieds were up to 17 cars over the 10 average they had most of last season. There were 21 Late Models at the start of the day, but on lap two of the first practice session two cars crashed and were unable to be repaired. The Falk team pulled out their backup to start and park so the track could start 20 cars and drivers would get maximum NASCAR points. Unfortunately it began raining 11 laps into the Late Model race and had it had to be canceled. Hopefully the two damaged cars of Dean Shiflett and Gary Weeks will be back next race since the race was unofficial and no points were awarded so it won't put them behind in the championship. But here's the highlights from the races we did get in before the rain came:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:49 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

That video of Langley brings back some memories. I wish I still lived up there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:07 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Is Bob Barney really that screwed in the head, or is it an act?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:16 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
Is Bob Barney really that screwed in the head, or is it an act?

If he's as stupid in real life as he is on his own website he probably should be wearing a helmet constantly.
I've never met him or his wife but I can say that the promoter at Langley refuses to use their site. I'm glad they stopped coming to Langley now that I think about it because I don't think I could keep from telling them how much I hate them. The thing I hate about their site is that if you don't kiss their asses constantly they either won't approve your post or will ban you, but for some reason a lot of people around here prefer it over the much simpler alternative of Facebook or an actual forum.

BTW, what in particular tipped you off about Bob?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:01 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The Facebook rant - That was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
The Facebook rant - That was priceless.

Figured so.
I initiated all of that. I made the mistake of trying to give someone on racerap some good advice, boy did that backfire. Considering I work at the track I kinda know what's going on and attempted to explain that Facebook is always the first thing updated when the track wants to get information out quickly. But of course that just turned into a bunch of morons whining about how they don't like FB (or apparently even fear it).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:34 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'll give them credit, they kinda know something about racing and actually go to races, unlike the guy who runs the Canadian short-track forum. That dipshit likes to swipe other people's articles, spam press releases, beg people for cash and come up with crazy-assed ideas to make him a quick dollar. He loves the sport, and yet in the 10 years he's been a 'fan' the number of actual races he's been to (either on his dime or if some stupid promoter gave him passes) can be counted on one hand.

But yeah, the Barney's are infected with the bat-shit crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:53 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to actual racing...
The radio broadcast of the K&N Pro Series West race at All American Speedway is about to start on the NASCAR Hometracks site:
http://hometracks.nascar.com/
Green flag should be coming out in a few minutes (8:45 PM PDT / 11:45 PM EDT)

Since all racing in the state of Virginia got washed out today I have two choices for tomorrow to go see some postponed races. The Commonwealth 100 for the World of Outlaws Late Models is going to take place at Virginia Motor Speedway on Sunday afternoon. I'd really like to go to this race but the tickets are always overly expensive for WoO events at VMS and I decided that the K&N Pro Series East and Whelen Southern Modified Tour doubleheader at South Boston will likely be the better race. So I'll be making the trip out to SoBo likely for the final time this year. This race will also have a live radio broadcast tomorrow on the Hometracks site. Green flag for the K&N race is set for 3:00 PM EDT with the Modifieds to follow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:47 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I went to RIR yesterday for the open test for Denny Hamlin's Short Track Showdown that takes place next Thursday. Here's a few clips from testing:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

^ Nice work.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2789 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20140 Next