TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1922 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Such a crock of shit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I guess all the guys drawing Robin Williams memorials weren't available?

The dude claims he's a racing fan on his website: http://www.bobenglehart.com/#!publications/c22j5

Sure....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He might enjoy racing, but the drawing quite clearly shows he's one "with his blinders on". Y'know, the type where Dale Earnhardt Jr. is one of the greatest drivers who has ever lived, that Jimmy Johnson (spelling and everything) is a talentless hack and cheater, and that no matter what anyone says, Jeff Gordan is gay.

This guy has apparently already made up his mind about how this all went down, and it highlights the narrow-mindedness the majority of people have these days.

"Don't talk to me, I know what happened."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:06 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

...a bad post...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:24 am 

Andre wrote:
(snip) Jimmy Johnson (snip) narrow-mindedness (snip) "what happened"
I knew Jimmy. He spoke privately about things he knew about at work. Some of those things became rumor and some became headlines.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:29 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

IMO, that last image should be a police badge, the way things are going in the St. Louis area, not a sprint car.

Disclaimer: I'm not siding with the protesters nor the police, as I think they're both full of shit...but that's another topic I'm not going to discuss here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ayro wrote:
Andre wrote:
(snip) Jimmy Johnson (snip) narrow-mindedness (snip) "what happened"
I knew Jimmy. He spoke privately about things he knew about at work. Some of those things became rumor and some became headlines.

Not sure if you're referring to former Hendrick Motorsports employee Jimmy Johnson, 6-time champion Jimmie Johnson, or former Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson.

Either way, I was poking fun at the way some fans spelled the 6-time champ's name. If you already knew that, then huh?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No shock to anyone, Stewart sits out Bristol.

Media swarm be damned, wouldn't getting back in the car be a better healing process that trapping himself inside his home for another week/month/year/forever?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:53 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

I know this is all uncharted waters but it's getting a bit... weird how long it's been since we've heard from Stewart. I guess the ongoing investigation is ongoing but shouldn't of this been an open and shut case? This is really getting more and more unusual every day that passes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Apparently there is some sort of a "Stand With Smoke" thingy people are trying to get off the ground at Bristol. People are supposed to stand up on lap 14 or some shit.

Seems in wildly poor taste. It seems the "don't jump to blame crowd" have already decided they can have it both ways and have assumed complete innocence.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm wondering what kind of communications Robin Pemberton is having with Tony. Phone call? Text message? I can't really see them meeting in person at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 am 

Doubt Nascar folk from the ivory towers of Babel in Daytona and Charlotte are talking to Tony or his biz partners without lawyers on both sides managing all discussion. Clandestine talk is risky as hell present day but can't be ruled out. Fan actions supporting TS being allowed to happen at a nascar event could backfire with the lawhead and DA finals still undecided. This is a near max level event with CYA procedures fully engaged and very expensive lawyers in control.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:44 am 

Oh it's a real thing alright. Reallllllly stupid. http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/ne ... -on-lap-14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

tony's in "lawyer" mode right now. my guess is he will get cleared of any major charges by police and then promptly sued. until that happens i wouldnt expect to hear much from him. and wisely so

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mrtumadre81 wrote:
Oh it's a real thing alright. Reallllllly stupid. http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/ne ... -on-lap-14

Yeah, and check out the wildly retarded comments section on the article. Particularly this beacon of retardation and hypocrisy:

Quote:
I stand with smoke. A real racer in every sense of the word. Unfortunately Tony is the victim and although the perpetrator paid the ultimate price Tony's suffering will far outlast his aggressor's. I truly hope the warped media someday recognizes their folly. I would happily walk in step with him, race door to door, or participate in any other endeavor with him. Tony's moral character is beyond reproach unlike the mass of his detractors. I hope everyone of reasonable mental aptitude also stands with Smoke.

:p :lol: :p :lol: :p :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I saw someone (on FB I think) comment on standing on lap 13 and 14, 13 for Ward, 14 for Stewart.

I thought that'd be more appropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

trout wrote:
tony's in "lawyer" mode right now. my guess is he will get cleared of any major charges by police and then promptly sued. until that happens i wouldnt expect to hear much from him. and wisely so

Oh I'm sure that his Lawyers have told him to stay out of the public and not to communicate with anyone until the investigation is done. And you're right, at that point you know the Ward family is going to slap him with a Civil Lawsuit. Think back to the OJ trial. Sure he was aquitted in the criminal trial but then paid big time with the civil suit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The legal stuff is kind of obvious, I'm VERY interested on what Tony is going through psychologically....I really question how he can come back as the same driver even if there were no legal affects.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Generally speaking, race car drivers have a special ability to block out those sorts of things, otherwise they wouldn't be able to do their job. When the day comes they can no longer do that, they are a danger to themselves and to others and the time has come to hang up the helmet.

This whole thing is such a mess that it makes it very difficult to have a clear opinion as what course should be taken. Even from the general fans perspective, the situation is so out of whack that I find myself going back and forth.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Is it just me, or is this all going to hinge upon why he blipped the throttle when he hit Ward? Essentially: was it an effort to steer the car away at the last second because he was unsighted or was it a botched attempt to intimidate/spray some dirt on Ward?

Everything else about it seems pretty squared away at this point, but the problem is that this last detail is crucial.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1922 Next