TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EvilVendingMachine wrote:
PAXTON wrote:
Looks like this year, every Cup race i don't see, is being won by Mark Martin. :lol:

Any suggestions for a race to miss? :flag:

All of them ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:20 am 
Joey wrote:
Coyotekart1 wrote:
PAXTON wrote:
Looks like this year, every Cup race i don't see, is being won by Mark Martin. :lol:

12 chase races

So what are the last two?

Kinda reminds me of this one time on SG in November where I said it would be 2010 10 months from then.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:22 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Sounds like Mark won race #2.

Glad for him, and a very entertaining Darlington race, almost like the Darlington we all know and love.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PAXTON wrote:

Same thing here. The only races I missed this year were Phoenix and this one. :ohmy:

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:31 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

1984 Busch Champion Sam Ard and his wife visited with Kyle Busch last night:

Quote:
Busch, Ard visit at Darlington: #18-Kyle Busch got to visit with a fellow Nationwide Series record holder Saturday at Darlington Raceway. And Jo Ard finally got to tell the NASCAR star how much he's meant to her husband of 48 years, former Natiowide driver Sam Ard. "Thank you so much," Jo said, hugging Busch when the Ards met him by his motorhome before the Southern 500. After Busch tied Ard's 1983 series mark with 10 victories in a season last November, the 24-year-old Sprint Cup driver donated $100,000 to help the struggling Ard and his family. The 69-year-old Ard has Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. He sat quietly in his wheelchair for most of the 15-minute visit. "Hospital bills were eating us up. You can't believe how much he's helped us," said Jo, standing alongside her husbands' wheelchair. She said the family was able to make their bathroom handicap accessible for Sam. Busch, who had only met Ard briefly, was pleased to share some a few more moments with a pioneer of NASCAR's second-tier series. "He's been great for the sport, done a lot for the sport winning races and championships and stuff," Busch said. "It was nice to meet him and talk him a little bit. Of course, he's not so talkative, but that's to be understood." Other racers have stepped forward to help Ard, who did not race after suffering severe head trauma in a 1984 accident at North Carolina Speedway. Kevin Harvick donated a 2007 Chevrolet van to Ard's family last fall after Jo's car died earlier in 2008. Then the NASCAR Foundation and Motor Racing Outreach teamed for an online auction to benefit the Sam Ard Fund. Busch invited the Ards to the Southern 500 drivers' meeting where he received applause from the NASCAR racers.(Associated Press)(5-10-2009)

I don't care if you like Kyle or not, but what he's done for Sam is just awesome. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yep :thumbsup: , and I always 'hope' that many others racers who've made it to the top and are financially well endowed, are also doing the same. I remember they used to say Dale Sr. hated anyone finding out about any of his charitable efforts so perhaps there's many more such charitable efforts for helping out old drivers down on their luck by fellow racers who've been more successful that we don't know about.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:07 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I dont mind Kyle Bush Really to be honest. I mean, he loves to win and hates to lose and isnt afraid to show it. Thats part of being a racer. Helping out the Ard's shows that he is a pretty good guy also.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:18 am 

Coyotekart1 wrote:
I dont mind Kyle Bush Really to be honest. I mean, he loves to win and hates to lose and isnt afraid to show it. Thats part of being a racer. Helping out the Ard's shows that he is a pretty good guy also.

Haven't talked to you in a while; :wave:

I agree 100% about Kyle. The kid can simply drive a racecar. He isn't the usual "Well the car was really good today; thank the guys; sponsor; give me my money; time to go home" guy. He is just a racer like you said.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:09 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Great to see Mark back in the winner's circle. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre on Page 1 wrote:
I am definitely looking forward to the red and white walls this weekend. Hopefully the winner will help us make a trip down memory lane, as well (ohhhh the days when pulling for a young gun was new and exciting).

Sweet.... :thumbsup:

That was indeed pretty cool of Kyle to do.... is it ok for me to still hate his guts, though? :o

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:30 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

iono what you guys think but that race was REAL RACIN' all over. No bs yellows, lots of contact between cars and with the wall and with Mark Martin winning it was perf

10/10

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:49 pm 

Yup, the last couple of weeks have been very good. Darlington once again shows it can put on a solid race. :thumbsup: Although, its still really weird to see guys pit and do anything other than change 4 tires..

8.5/10 cuz jimmie johnson, and the cot hurts my eyes.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

i dont care if kyle busch saves a bus load of burning babies...i still hate him bigtime :flag:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:30 pm 
Kyle Busch just cured cancer, AIDS, and he has just made many children in the third world happy with lots and lots of M&Ms.

but he's such an arrogant selfcentered prick so FUCK HIM

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Crashman wrote:
Kyle Busch just cured cancer, AIDS, and he has just made many children in the third world happy with lots and lots of M&Ms.

But those kids don't have water either and M&Ms made them thirsty :(

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:12 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Crashman wrote:

You know what, just need to shut the hell up. Everyone is so tired of your tireless KYLE BUSCH CRUSADE. He's a good driver. So what. He's a humanitarian. SO FUCKING WHAT. Anybody can like or dislike anyone for any reason, without having to explain it to your condescending ass you fucking prick.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Crashman is such a terrible member :cry:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

highgroove wrote:
Crashman is such a terrible member :cry:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 pm 

Location: Menard yet again jacks off on the hopes and dreams of NASCAR's proliteriat
highgroove wrote:
I am such a terrible member :cry:

Agreed.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
Crashman wrote:

You know what, just need to shut the hell up. Everyone is so tired of your tireless KYLE BUSCH CRUSADE. He's a good driver. So what. He's a humanitarian. SO FUCKING WHAT. Anybody can like or dislike anyone for any reason, without having to explain it to your condescending ass you fucking prick.

I agree with cArmAkAze.... 8O

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next