TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

6\10 race.

There were cars passing, we just didn't see it. Clean air still means lots, but some teams have the rules figured out. Most don't... yet. I hope they can stick with these rules long enough before making a change, throwing everyone a curveball and starting back at square one again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Literally remove the front splitter, make the rear spoiler smaller, and raise the ride height a little. Why did NASCAR think the answer to their aero problems would be to add more downforce?

Some tyres that actually drop off wouldn't be a bad thing either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Take the skirts off too, you can't allow the teams any opportunity to seal off the car to the pavement with skirts, bumpstops or shims etc etc.
I'm still at a loss over who it was that thought ADDING downforce at the rear would help the car in dirty air was going to work, even I know that'll just make the problem worse.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

K_Sherman wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:
It's true though. The time where consistency means very little, is the time Jr does it. Huh...

That's hit me the past two races. "Awesome, two second place finishes in a row. Fuck, it's essentially meaningless."

That said, if he rattles off 20 top 5 finishes before the chase ends, I won't be all that disappointed. You can only put yourself in position to win so many times before the cards fall right and you get the results.

It will be the ultimate "well, fuck" if come the end of the season somebody does another one of those, "assuming 'x' points system was in place and everybody ran the exact same way" calculations, that he ends up the run away points leader. :lol:

Perhaps the best thing that could happen is Earnhardt losing the championship somewhere deep in the Chase after putting together an amazingly dominant and consistent season. Then that noisy, brain dead segment of Jr fans won't be able to ignore the gargantuan flaws inherent in the system.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:04 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just watched the race, love it, exciting finish and the aero dependance makes for very interesting approaches in the strategy. Sometimes I can go with that very well. It made it better with the beatifull sunny day, the fast and smooth track, was nice to see them flying over the track and putting the miles down fast.

But I really would like an aero pack change, this enjoyment can only last a little.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15