TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12
 Post subject: Re: NASCAR in Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:02 am 
The most anticipated member

Great race...too bad Montoya didnt win! He got so close the win, and Kevin Harvick almost getting second in a row in the same weekend. Nice race

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:29 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Hey, just got home from the track. Lot of fun, and I hope this continues in the future. Most fun I've had at a NASCAR race in quite a while.

Some notes:
That was probably the best-attended race at Atlanta in probably 8 years. The track was legitimately sold out. Quite impressive. I haven't seen that many people here in years, and it leads me to believe we're going to keep the Labor Day date. Finally, it goes to a place that appreciates it and deserves it.

If you ever want to hear an endless stream of cuss words, listen to Robby Gordon's radio after something goes wrong during a pitstop. I programmed his channel into my scanner, and I guess a pitstop was botched. Within seconds, Robby just absolutely went off on his radio, cussing all the way down pit road. This intensified when David Reutimann got out of pit road right in front of him. I've never heard so much profanity in so little time. It was funny as hell.

Jeff Burton got a one-lap penalty, if you recall, for running the stop sign on pit road. During that caution, I decided to listen to his radio, and he didn't like the penalty. His exact quote: "NASCAR is full of shit! They're full of shit."

There was this kid, probably 6 years old, sitting right behind me. Jimmie Johnson fan, and he booed everyone else (and I do mean everyone else - all 42 others) - mercilessly. Let's just say he shut up when Johnson spun, and then went behind the wall.

Sam Hornish is a nice guy, great classy individual. Not-so-great stock car driver. He caused the first two cautions, and I don't know if he was penalized four straight times or not late in the going. Two stop-and-gos, two drive-thrus.

A few yards from where Kurt Busch hit the wall, there was a spot that some smartass drew on the wall - just past the end of the SAFER barrier in turn 4. It was a target. In the center: "HIT HERE KYLE".

It was a good race, and we made good time getting the hell out of dodge, despite the track's reputation for awful traffic (which we have encountered more than once).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:49 pm 

I was there also. i was sitting in turn 4 and of course we had jr fans behind us. You do not have to jump up and point at him for all 325 laps :x . I do not know how they were able to walk out with all of their jumping about. But it was great because they were pointing and laughing at me for wearing Montoya gear before the race started and when he passed JR they didn't have nothing to say. And great race from JPM :thumbsup: . I thought i would be there for his first oval win and if he did i was gonna go crazy :8: But still seeing him lead laps was great. Overall great race and lots of passing too :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:50 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

I strongly dislike Kasey Kahne from now on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

One of the best races this year. Might be biased some because of how well Harvick ran but still a very enjoyable race. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I see there's no video stream of the DuQuoin race.

:x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:37 pm 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Cartman wrote:
I see there's no video stream of the DuQuoin race.

:x

I think they are having trouble with the video...They tried streaming earlier. Either way...AJ Fike is winning right now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PK wins another one. :flag:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:44 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Just got back from the race. PK rapped the field. Saw him wreck in qualifying and he had to start in 34th. He was up to the front just about after lap 50 and was never challenged again. He tore his way through traffic and was still able to gain on the leaders. ARCA guys put on a great show on dirt I'm glad I was able to attend.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:08 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Kahne wins 10/10 race

You cant give a race a 10 rating when they have 9 caution pace laps :lol: If they could do a caution free race i would give a 10.
The race was ok i think Montaya might win a race if his pit crew were better he almost always looses positions its their achilles' heel.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tristar 7AT wrote:
Just got back from the race. PK rapped the field. Saw him wreck in qualifying and he had to start in 34th. He was up to the front just about after lap 50 and was never challenged again. He tore his way through traffic and was still able to gain on the leaders. ARCA guys put on a great show on dirt I'm glad I was able to attend.

Just got back from the race myself. Pretty entertaining watching Lofton who also crashed in qualifying as well as Kligerman charge from the back.

Been a long weekend,but a fun one at that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Forgot to mention, I was listening to Kyle Busch's radio on Hotpass and I heard along the lines of...
Quote:
KB: "Can't we pay someone to bring out a yellow?"
Crew Chief: "We should have entered John Wes [Townley] in a 4th car"
KB: "He wouldn't have made the race."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Speaks a lot about JWT's inadequacies that he can comfortably be made the butt of a joke by a driver and crew-cheif in the middle of a green flag run.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:50 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Quote:
ESPN'S NASCAR Ratings Rise for Fourth Straight Week: ESPN's live coverage of Atlanta Motor Speedway's new Labor Day weekend NASCAR races earned the network's fourth consecutive weekend of increased television ratings for NASCAR coverage. A schedule change by NASCAR shifted NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series races to Atlanta for Labor Day weekend from Fontana, Calif., where they were held last year.
The live telecast of Sunday night's NASCAR Sprint Cup race on ESPN earned a final national household coverage rating of 4.1, up from the 3.9 rating for last year's NASCAR Labor Day weekend event in California. Atlanta's second race of 2008 was run in October and aired on ABC, but ESPN's telecast this year delivered an average of 5.8 million viewers, more than watched the ABC telecast last year, which aired against NFL football and drew an average of 5.6 million viewers.
The Atlanta telecast marked the third consecutive NASCAR Sprint Cup race on ESPN to earn a ratings increase over either the same race or the same weekend from the previous year. ESPN's six-race NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule ended at Atlanta, but ESPN's coverage continues for the final 11 races of the season and will air on ABC.
For the fourth consecutive week, ESPN's coverage of the NASCAR Nationwide Series earned a ratings increase. The telecast of the event from Atlanta on Saturday night aired on ESPN2 and earned a final national household coverage rating of 1.4, up from the 1.1 rating for the Nationwide Series race in Fontana, Calif., last year on Labor Day weekend. Atlanta Motor Speedway did not have a Nationwide Series race in October of 2008. The NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif., Oct. 10-11 as part of the schedule change from last year.(ESPN), for past races, TV Ratings Chart, see my 2009 TV Ratings page.(9-9-2009)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not surprising, we allready knew everyone watched this race on tv instead of going to the track.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:30 pm 

highgroove wrote:
Not surprising, we allready knew everyone watched this race on tv instead of going to the track.

Which was actually sold out.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12