TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:59 am 

NC24 wrote:
jeffdale24 wrote:
You all got spoiled with last week. This was a great race. A lot of good beating and banging; side-by-side racing. The announceres also had to carry a big load by trying to keep the excitement of the race up there---because only 6 days ago we saw something that seemed impossible.

Kyle is Kyle. Kid can drive a car. They mentioned last night an article that was in NASCAR Illustrated a few months back about driving styles. Kyle really does not use brakes----or he rarely does so. He has a different style about him, which he made successful. I hate to see the same number under the victory lane signage, but what the hell; it is an earned win.

Good post imo. I thoroughly enjoyed that race

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:18 pm 

Good side by side racing, lots of sharp intakes of breath, and all that.

The winner annoyed me greatly.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That was a really good race. Richmond at it's best. Good to see some of the new guys have good runs. Newman continues to get better in the #39. SHR is going to be my feel good story of the year. I don't care what anyone says about Kyle, he's the man. He doesn't put on a fake act like Earl or the others on camera, races hard every single lap and even keeps us entertained even when he's all by himself driving a loose car Tim Richmond style, doesn't care what anyone thinks about what he says and will do what it takes to win. He's the kind of race car driver I've been wanting to see take over the Cup Series for a long, long time.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's the little things about Kyle that piss me off.

You say he's not "fake", but he does nothing but piss and moan all race long about this and that. "OMG DID YOU HEAR JEFFY'S ENGINE ON THE RESTART, HE'S CHEATINGGGG!!" Faaaack you, buddeh, you race hard on restarts too because you're getting paid to do it. Don't bitch and moan when others do it kplzthx.

My two cents, and why I'll never pull for him as long as he's a hypocrite. I hate that shit more than anything else in the sport. I know he's supremely talented, but sweet merciful Christ, do I ever want to punch him in the face....

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've listened to a lot of drivers on Trackpass and they all whine a lot when things aren't going well. Like Jeff, he's one of the biggest whiners there is (Sorry if you're a Jeff fan, as you've got him and Dale in your avatar). I'm not advocating being sarcastic and cocky like Kyle is a lot of times, but what I do applaud is the the fact that he doesn't try to cover it up with a facade of being a happy smiley nice guy that pats reporters on the back and says polite things to be nice. He's pure racer 100% and all he cares about is how to make the next race car he's getting in go as fast as possible and he doesn't care what sort of a persona he presents out there for the public. Hence he's my favorite race car driver, not necessarily favorite personality, but definitely favorite race car driver.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:09 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

There is no question about it. Kyle Busch is one hell of a race driver, probably one of the two or three best drivers out there. My problems with him, and I could be way off on this is that 1.) he's over-aggressive at the wrong times (witness his blocking at Talladega for an example, nearly causing a big accident a large number of times - hell, Denny Hamlin got onto him over the radio at least once during the race, saying "You're gonna wreck the whole field, the way you're blocking"), 2.) he's either unwilling or unable to give and take, almost hypocritically so (at Bristol, his post-race hissy fit, where he expressed his displeasure with Carl Edwards, despite the fact that Kyle would have done the same thing himself to get the win - remember him and Earnhardt at Richmond?).

That being said, tho, at least with him, what you see is what you get. I can't stand Carl Edwards either, largely because Carl is perhaps the most two-faced driver in the sport. Carl's a good driver, but he's not a genuine good guy. While he gives us that smile and the GOLLY GEE WHAT FUN shit race after race, we've seen that he's a punk. (Remember he and Kenseth at Martinsville a couple of years back, or he and Earnhardt at Michigan after the Busch race the year before that?)

That's just my opinion, tho, I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I guess that's the interesting part... you might think it strange, but I definitely don't see Kyle as being genuine at all, and I do see Carl as being genuine. I wasn't there, and I wasn't in Carl's head at the time, so I don't know what the deal was at Martinsville (hell, I wouldn't mind punching some personality into Matt Kenseth myself).

Like I've said many times before, I definitely agree that Kyle Busch is definitely in the top three right now in terms of raw driving ability. I just can't stand the guy, as he can't handle anything with maturity. Berating your team might end up working, but constantly putting people down (especially your teammates) is not the way to go. That's pretty much where I drew the line with him.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre, I heard him expressing regret for the bad luck of his teammates many times in interviews. In fact, he and Denny have never even had any issues between each other. Even Tony and Denny had big issues. The only time I heard him badmouth a teammate was when Jason Leffler, his Braun teammate in Nationwide last year, wrecked him at Dover when Kyle was passing him high. Is that the incident you're referring to as well?

Joey, yea, I remember the Michigan and Marty incidents and the way he turned into Hyde and back to Jekyll as soon as the mic and camera came up to him. :lol: TBH, I don't mind Carl doing what he did. He was mad and didn't punch anyone out or anything, but again, the 2-faced act the rest of the time is what annoys me. I don't blame him for wanting to be liked, we all want to be liked, but being two-faced is certainly not the way to go about it.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sorry, I was referring to his pit crew more than his actual on-track teammates. My bad! :wave:

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:50 am 
still, nothing beats the fans who sat there after kyle won and were like HAHAHAHAAHAHA BOOOOOO

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kyle puts on as much of an act as anyone else. He knows he has the ROWDY BOOSCH angle working for him, so he has to pretend he's a bad-ass. It's just hard to take it seriously when he looks like Peewee Herman with a soul patch.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Kyle puts on as much of an act as anyone else. He knows he has the ROWDY BOOSCH angle working for him, so he has to pretend he's a bad-ass. It's just hard to take it seriously when he looks like Peewee Herman with a soul patch.

Don't be hatin

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:03 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

She's totally digging Kyle because he's a little hottie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:19 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

That's so wrong :lol:

I'd hit it though.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would punch Kyle then bang his chick with her big boobies.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

BlueCelicaTRD wrote:
I would punch Kyle then bang his chick with her big boobies.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah. My sweet Lord, she is smokin'.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:26 pm 

Location: Menard yet again jacks off on the hopes and dreams of NASCAR's proliteriat
cArmAkAze wrote:

She must have a thing for emerging beer guts.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

daveH wrote:
cArmAkAze wrote:

She must have a thing for emerging beer guts.

You're both wrong, it's the sunglasses he wears.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ooh those big perky sunglasses...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next