TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My fandom is essentially on life support, and I'm not even sure the new aero rules will be enough to make up for this 12-year nosedive.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:45 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chris A wrote:
My fandom is essentially on life support, and I'm not even sure the new aero rules will be enough to make up for this 12-year nosedive.

Pretty much this.

I always hate reading the "i'll never watch again" or "this is my last race" posts but honestly that's how I feel. I have never felt like this about nascar before. I think indycar has many of the same problems (waaaaay too much downforce/not enough power) so it's not like I'm jumping ship over to there. I really don't know where to go. Next year needs to get off to a good start.

I'll be traveling this weekend so I can't watch but I really do hope it rains. It just feels right.

/emo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:23 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dr dog wrote:
I really don't know where to go.

touring cars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Despite IndyCar's issues, I think it's unfair to compare them to NASCAR. They have a better schedule, more openness to aero tweaks, and (although not perfect) a vastly more legitimate way of crowning their champion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Even if double points finale was utterly stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:19 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dr dog wrote:
Chris A wrote:

Pretty much this.

I always hate reading the "i'll never watch again" or "this is my last race" posts but honestly that's how I feel. I have never felt like this about nascar before. I think indycar has many of the same problems (waaaaay too much downforce/not enough power) so it's not like I'm jumping ship over to there. I really don't know where to go. Next year needs to get off to a good start.

I'll be traveling this weekend so I can't watch but I really do hope it rains. It just feels right.

/emo

Sounds like my thoughts. I don't consider myself in the "NEVER watching AGAIN" crowd but there's just something (things?) missing that just don't make it as appealing as it used to be. I still like watching racing here and there, F1 at the moment and Formula E when I get the chance, since everything else is done for this year. I've kinda moved on to hockey it seems.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:42 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I watch a lot less NASCAR races now. Probably the least i've watched in ten, twelve years (back when I had to get someone to record them for me).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:01 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

This season has been nothing short of a joke.

I am not a Logano fan by any means, but its simply not fair that somebody that has turned his career around moving into the 22 and has a season like he has (which may have won the championship without the Chase) to not be able to win it just sums up this stupid Chase. Its the stupidest thing ever to happen to racing.

I want to see Truex win, being an underdog fan. But if anybody other than Harvick wins the championship this year, it deserves an asterisk.

Can't blame Harvick either for that Dega thing, its the lottery that some people call "racing" at Talladega.

If there was no Chase, Logano would have not tried on Kenseth at Kansas, but instead points raced and settled.

Cmon Brian, step up and do something for once. Get rid of the Chase, go back to the most points at the end of the year wins. At least restore some credibility to the sport that Rusty Wallace didn't want to see screwed up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
If there was no Chase, Logano would have not tried on Kenseth at Kansas, but instead points raced and settled.

See, there it is. That's pretty much why this format will never go away.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So theoretically, it rains on Sunday (which it looks like it will) - do they run it during the day on Monday while everyone's at work? Or do they wait until the evening so everyone can see JAFF take his last few laps?

It's not like they have to be anywhere next Sunday anyway - unless that's when the banquet is, of course.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:24 pm 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

It needs to rain out 51% of the way into the race just so we can finish off this joke of a season in the way it deserves.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think the banquet is in Vegas in December.

If it's a washout Sunday, they will either run Monday under the lights or they'll come back next Saturday (Nov 28th) and run it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah I definitely see a Monday night race. Which would go up against the Patriots vs Bills on MNF

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't give a shit if Jeff has had a mediocre season and shouldn't be in with a shot, he's been screwed out of a championship so many times by NASCAR's retarded points systems, if he wins it I'd consider it getting one back.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:43 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Yeah I definitely see a Monday night race. Which would go up against the Patriots vs Bills on MNF

Rex Ryan vs. the Patriots no less. I could totally see Nascar becoming the first televised event ever to draw negative ratings. By negative ratings I mean the viewers watching Nascar and not watching MNF will have either died of boredom watching the race or they were in hospital and were too sick to change the channel to something else. And then they died.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:

Rex Ryan vs. the Patriots no less. I could totally see Nascar becoming the first televised event ever to draw negative ratings. By negative ratings I mean the viewers watching Nascar and not watching MNF will have either died of boredom watching the race or they were in hospital and were too sick to change the channel to something else. And then they died.

lol less people watching the race than exist watching the race. Said person who watches MNF should count as 2 less people watching the race. In the grand scheme of things, ultimately NASCAR draws a -5.2 rating making it the least watched program just behind the 2016 Daytona 500 which draws a -4.7 with an attendance of -92,721 people. The reason the negative attendance doesn't reflect the amount of peoe that would fill the place is because people died and they float in purgatory which makes zero sense because.. NASCAR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I like this idea and can't wait to see how it plays out..

Quote:
NBC Sports presents dual coverage of Sprint Cup Championship: In an unprecedented offering, NBC Sports Group will present dual national coverage of the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship race from Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 22. While NBC provides the primary broadcast of Jeff Gordon's quest to close out his Hall of Fame career in storybook fashion, NBCSN offers a simultaneous live feed dedicated to each of the Championship 4 drivers racing for a historic victory on Sunday in South Florida. Live race coverage on both NBC and NBCSN begins at 3:00pm/et.
The NBCSN Hot Pass multi-window display provides viewers an in-depth look at Gordon, Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch and Martin Truex, Jr., with up to three different angles from in-car cameras. A dynamic track map keeps viewers aware of Championship 4 driver positions and changes throughout the field, while a pane of race facts and figures illustrates live point differentials and key shifts in the race. Race announcer Leigh Diffey and NASCAR Hall of Fame driver Dale Jarrett host NBCSN Hot Pass coverage as the Championship 4 compete for the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship.
"Get ready to experience history in real time from the drivers' headset and perspective," said Dan Steir, SVP of Production for NBCSN. "NBCSN Hot Pass will deliver a constant spotlight on the Championship 4 drivers and allow the race fan to access the strategy and drama in a more focused manner." NBCSN Hot Pass also provides a simultaneous cycle of in-car audio, showcasing team communications between the driver, crew chief and spotter as each Championship 4 driver turns laps around the 1.5-mile track. Diffey and Jarrett punctuate the in-car audio, explaining key situations and communications among the four teams. NBCSN Hot Pass and NBC's broadcast of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship race are both available for live stream via NBC Sports Live Extra.
NBC Sports Live Extra - NBC Sports Group's live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs - will stream this weekend's NASCAR coverage via "TV Everywhere," giving consumers additional value to for their subscription service, and making high quality content available to MVPD customers both in and out of the home and on multiple platforms. The NBC Sports Live Extra app is available on the iTunes App Store, Google Play and Windows Store, Roku Channel Store and Apple TV.(NBC)(11-19-2015)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Does it say if the race is not run Sunday? Or if it's delayed there's NO WAY it cuts into NBC Sunday Night Football

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gonna be at my girls tonight if anyone finds a stream for the truck race please hook it up! :wave:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Truck race starting soon, pace laps underway now

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next