Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Joe4345 wrote:
Nice. Fuck that silverspooned little fuck in the 24.

Really?? Did Chase bang your gf? How is Chase any different than any other driver out there? Hell Chase has accomplished more in NASCAR's top 3 series so far than Larson has. In fact I'd actually say Larson has been a disappointment so far in his Cup career.

Driving for Ganassi instead of Hendrick has a little to do with that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Joe4345 wrote:

Really?? Did Chase bang your gf? How is Chase any different than any other driver out there? Hell Chase has accomplished more in NASCAR's top 3 series so far than Larson has. In fact I'd actually say Larson has been a disappointment so far in his Cup career.

The Logano, "Sliced Bread" effect is why I can't stand Chase at the moment. Can he drive? Absolutely, there's no doubt about it. I'm just tired of how the media (Especially FOX for the first half) have gushed about him all year like he's the next coming of Christ.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Joe4345 wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:
Joe4345 wrote:

The Logano, "Sliced Bread" effect is why I can't stand Chase at the moment. Can he drive? Absolutely, there's no doubt about it. I'm just tired of how the media (Especially FOX for the first half) have gushed about him all year like he's the next coming of Christ.

I would say Larson had more hype coming in to Cup than Chase. At least Chase ran the Xfinity Series, won races and won the championship. Larson has never even shown a bit of consistency. Granted his equipment is not on par with HMS stuff my point is you hate on Chase for hype but 3 years ago they were gushing over Larson even more so this negates your own argument.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

After Gordon retired I was pretty much going to go for Chase by default, until he showed up at a Trump rally with his dad and Brian France. Still can't believe that happened.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:59 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Joe4345 wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:

I would say Larson had more hype coming in to Cup than Chase. At least Chase ran the Xfinity Series, won races and won the championship. Larson has never even shown a bit of consistency. Granted his equipment is not on par with HMS stuff my point is you hate on Chase for hype but 3 years ago they were gushing over Larson even more so this negates your own argument.

I've just got the feeling that they've been shoving him down our throat even more than usual....worse than the Danica to Nascar and Austin in the 3 car, hype machines.

He's "Awesome Bill's" son. Gordon just retired and he took over the 24 car. NAPA came back to cup after the MWR Richmond fiasco.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:10 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah hype machines like Clint bowyer in the 14 next year

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is the first time ever where all 3 of NASCAR's top 3 series saw a first time winner. All three drivers that won this weekend deserved it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:53 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

A First EVER!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Joe4345 wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:
Joe4345 wrote:

I've just got the feeling that they've been shoving him down our throat even more than usual....worse than the Danica to Nascar and Austin in the 3 car, hype machines.

He's "Awesome Bill's" son. Gordon just retired and he took over the 24 car. NAPA came back to cup after the MWR Richmond fiasco.

I can kind of see where you're coming from but the difference between Chase and say Larson and Danica.. At least Chase was a winner and a champion in NASCAR's top 3 ranks prior to his entry into Cup. Dillon was a winner and Champion too. The problem there had nothing to do with hype of Dillon as much as it was the hype of the 3 returning. But if you did want to use the silver spoon label, Dillon is the one should have that. Not Chase.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

All the Larson/Chase/Dillon hype allows our true lord and savior, Ryan Blaney, to gain experience with lesser expectations. He's a future champ and no one seems to care.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I care.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't think it's Chase's fault the media are all over his dick. For the record the kid is pretty shy and reserved, humble and mature. He always has been. Raced with him several times last year and he was always talking to fans, officials and other drivers genuinely. He's never been an attention seeker.

The most obnoxious thing about him is whenever he doesn't win it's a never ending, constant self-blame laced interview. I'm glad he doesn't throw the team under the bus every weekend like most drivers but come on man, ease up on yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
I would say Larson had more hype coming in to Cup than Chase....

Really? I recall going into 2014, the consensus was that Ganassi was bringing Larson up way too fast and was just gonna end up this Casey Atwood-esque washout in a few years, while Dillon would become "Dale Earnhardt's Clone" and have 200 wins and 8 championships.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cartman wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:
I would say Larson had more hype coming in to Cup than Chase....

Really? I recall going into 2014, the consensus was that Ganassi was bringing Larson up way too fast and was just gonna end up this Casey Atwood-esque washout in a few years, while Dillon would become "Dale Earnhardt's Clone" and have 200 wins and 8 championships.

As I recall all the media members were saying that they fully expected Larson to win multiple races his rookie year. I never once, at all, heard people say Dillon was going to be "Earnhardts clone" and have major success. I'd love to know where that came from... If I recall correctly, it was non stop bitching by fans about Dillon driving the 3, not hyping his success to come.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There were definitely a lot of comparisons between Larson and Casey Atwood's situation. The fact he's won in the 42 car is impressive, he would probably have 10 wins in a top-tier team by now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

zippy wrote:
The most obnoxious thing about him is whenever he doesn't win it's a never ending, constant self-blame laced interview. I'm glad he doesn't throw the team under the bus every weekend like most drivers but come on man, ease up on yourself.

True, it gets annoying hearing how self defeating he is. Seasons not even over yet, and Chase is already having a better rookie season than Jeff did in the 24. Kid REALLY needs to suck it up and realize he's gonna get his fair share of wins.