Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: NASCAR at Charlotte
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:51 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Philthy82 wrote:
As far as showing the Chase sucks, Montoya winning the chase without winning a race would be a much stronger statement. Like it or not, the way Johnson's running, he deserves to win the championship under the chase system or the old one.

I don't know. It'd be a strong statement, but I don't know if it'd be as strong as Johnson clinching with a race or two to spare. It'd be pretty cool for Monty to win the title winless, tho. But hell, it'd be cool for Monty to win the title, period.

Quite honestly, I'd rather not even think about how much of a lead Tony would have if the Chase system didn't exist, because, quite frankly, it's irrevelant. If the Chase system didn't exist, everyone would race differently. They'd have different strategies. I don't think many of the drivers out there would have the mindset of "let's ride around half-assed, and then go for the title after Richmond". But then again, I'm just a fan, so what do I know?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just watch... Jimmie Johnson will lock it up before Homestead, and Brian France will make an emergency change the Chase format in 2010.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cartman wrote:
Just watch... Jimmie Johnson will lock it up before Homestead, and Brian France will make an emergency change the Chase format in 2010.

I don't know what they could change to it anymore, that could 'Jimmie-proof' it, other than scrapping it completely and going back to the old format.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jimmie Jawnson ruining nascar with his l33t hendrix hax :flag:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

nascar will pay jimmie to lose..just to bring back more interest in 2010 chase

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Or they'll send death threats. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:29 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Shit race ever

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

highgroove wrote:
Jimmie Jawnson ruining nascar with his l33t hendrix hax :flag:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:07 pm 

In such a boring race, why don't they show more onboards? Fox was great on this thing, TnT sucked and ESPN sucks even more!!!

I mean, it's always better to listen to the engines than watching the same car going round round and round...

I really can't stand the fact that everything seems balanced until the chase begins and Johnson looks to be on a league of his own.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You can't balance an inherently unbalanced championship. The fact that the first 26 races merely set the stage for the final 10 more or less throws out the significance of those first 26 races. Johnson and Co. know this fact all too well. All they have to do, and all any other team has to do, is run good enough to stay in the top 10 in points. Don't worry about a DNF here or there and just focus on consistency.

No matter what tracks are in the Chase, Johnson has an inherent advantage... That advantage would be Chad Knaus. They go into Daytona at the beginning of the year knowing that all their working for is the final 10 races, and that's when they bring their A game. They bring their best cars, best engines and best equipment from the first 26 race test sessions. Their preparation for the Chase is unparalleled amongst their peers. I personally want him to win his 4th straight. It just proves that once you've got the formula down, almost no matter what variable gets thrown in there, the result will be the same.

The Chase is idiotic to start with, but let us not debate that. The only way anyone can beat Johnson and Knaus is to beat them at their own game. Unfortunately, no one appears able to do that. People start preparing now for the start of next season. This is wrong. You need to start preparing now for the last 10 races of next season. That's the only way to beat them unless something really unfortunate happens (blown motors, couple crashes, etc.)

Saturday nights race proved this. Johnson had BY FAR the best car of anyone out there and he used it to shame his opposition. You don't luck into a setup like that, or horsepower like that. That comes from a seasons worth of trial and error to develop the equipment necessary to dominate the last 10 races.

Sorry for the long post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

westracing01 wrote:
You can't balance an inherently unbalanced championship. The fact that the first 26 races merely set the stage for the final 10 more or less throws out the significance of those first 26 races. Johnson and Co. know this fact all too well. All they have to do, and all any other team has to do, is run good enough to stay in the top 10 in points. Don't worry about a DNF here or there and just focus on consistency.

No matter what tracks are in the Chase, Johnson has an inherent advantage... That advantage would be Chad Knaus. They go into Daytona at the beginning of the year knowing that all their working for is the final 10 races, and that's when they bring their A game. They bring their best cars, best engines and best equipment from the first 26 race test sessions. Their preparation for the Chase is unparalleled amongst their peers. I personally want him to win his 4th straight. It just proves that once you've got the formula down, almost no matter what variable gets thrown in there, the result will be the same.

The Chase is idiotic to start with, but let us not debate that. The only way anyone can beat Johnson and Knaus is to beat them at their own game. Unfortunately, no one appears able to do that. People start preparing now for the start of next season. This is wrong. You need to start preparing now for the last 10 races of next season. That's the only way to beat them unless something really unfortunate happens (blown motors, couple crashes, etc.)

Saturday nights race proved this. Johnson had BY FAR the best car of anyone out there and he used it to shame his opposition. You don't luck into a setup like that, or horsepower like that. That comes from a seasons worth of trial and error to develop the equipment necessary to dominate the last 10 races.

Sorry for the long post.

THIS

westracing01 wrote:
I personally want him to win his 4th straight.

Except THAT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:39 pm 

I wanted him to win the title at Phoenix.

Just to prove that it sucks and it's no different from the old system.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It is the old system, just condensed into 10 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Same, especially since Kenseth isn't in it, hah.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:45 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Cheeveer wrote:
Shit race ever

Not according to Micheal waltrip he was comparing it to F1 on Nascar this week tonight what a boob :lol:
Saying F1 at Brazil was boring because the leader had a 4 second lead and all our cars are close he forgets about all the caution laps 10 in all if there was only one like in Brazil Jimmie would have had more than a 4 second lead in my opinion even if the race was the same length.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:54 am 

scarsurfing wrote:
Cheeveer wrote:
Shit race ever

Not according to Micheal waltrip he was comparing it to F1 on Nascar this week tonight what a boob :lol:
Saying F1 at Brazil was boring because the leader had a 4 second lead and all our cars are close he forgets about all the caution laps 10 in all if there was only one like in Brazil Jimmie would have had more than a 4 second lead in my opinion even if the race was the same length.

55-MIKEY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chris A wrote:
Raphael Sabara wrote:
Ruimgano have ONLY lucky...

It's a bad driver ever..

Let's having a laugh post funny!!!! :flag:

All his base are belong to us. :p

Corvus wrote:
I'm slightly confused but who is Raphael Sabara referring to when he says Ruimgano? Does he mean Logano?

Yes, Ruim = Bad as "Bad driver"

I live in Brazil also, but watch most races from the internet, brazilian couverage just sucks ass. But I saw some of them and they most likely say a lot of times of how Logano isn't all that they were expecting, how he hasn't proved anything yet. It was quite repetitive. And also Sabará looks to me is a Kyle Busch fanatic, so he probably hates Logano for him beating Kyle at the Nationwide Series. :D

I'll say Logano's way to young, and the Sprint Cup cars are different of everything else he's driven until now. Even if still was the COY, the Cup cars always were difficult to master and the races long and hard to get a good finish at. So he's just taking experience, trying to finish races and learn about the track, races and the car. Give him three years like Rusteee says, maybe four due to his lack of experience, and then see how he's doing.