TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ah yes, Portugal 1989. He also proceeded to rejoin the track, get the flag three times at the S/F line, miss (or ignore) it, and take out the championship contender, setting up the stage for the Suzuka debacle that would follow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Verstappen driver of the day.

He was great but I think Wehrlein's race was more impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

webbsy wrote:
Has it been explained why Wherline didn't get a penalty for reversing on the grid when the green flag was starting to be waved? As fantastic as his result is, and how wonderful I think it is for the team, that is an automatic exclusion from the race for me, and to be honest a ban for the next race.

You DO NOT reverse your car back on the grid, especially in mid pack when the green flag is waving! A horrible, horrible, horrible precedent has been set here then.

Michael Schumacher did the same at Indianapolis in 2002 or Fisichella at Sepang in 2003. I don't think it is a big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
Verstappen driver of the day.

He was great but I think Wehrlein's race was more impressive.

Apparently Werhlein was 12 seconds behind the pack due once the race restarted from the SC period, thanks to a late pit stop while under SC. That makes his drive even more impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Echti wrote:
webbsy wrote:
Has it been explained why Wherline didn't get a penalty for reversing on the grid when the green flag was starting to be waved? As fantastic as his result is, and how wonderful I think it is for the team, that is an automatic exclusion from the race for me, and to be honest a ban for the next race.

You DO NOT reverse your car back on the grid, especially in mid pack when the green flag is waving! A horrible, horrible, horrible precedent has been set here then.

Michael Schumacher did the same at Indianapolis in 2002 or Fisichella at Sepang in 2003. I don't think it is a big deal.

AIUI this is why they still have human eyes on the start gantry - Charlie (or his assistant, or any marshal) would have spotted it and delayed the red button.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The first red light only started to burn when Wehrlein was already in his correct position. They saw it, they waited for him. Everything was always under control, never any danger, never any reason to abort the start or to give Wehrlein a penalty. It happens many times a year, now you noticed because Massa wasn't on the grid so there was a gap in front of Wehrlein.

No need for all this fuss.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27