TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 758 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 638 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not raining :excited:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:01 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Long shot, does anybody have a stream which isn't VIP Box? It's blocked at my work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rosberg with issues already.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:08 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Lewis: I can count my friends on one hand. Nico isn't one of them

This from the same man who moaned Jenson didn't add him on Twitter. Lewis makes it REALLY hard to support him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jesus, it's like he learned PR from Nigel Mansell...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Those comments are being taken somewhat out of context. Here's the full article...

Quote:
Hamilton thinks F1 title fight won't affect Rosberg relations
By Ben Anderson Friday, April 4th 2014, 11:00 GMT

Lewis Hamilton insists his relationship with Mercedes Formula 1 team-mate Nico Rosberg will be unaffected by the potential friction of a title fight.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff said after the team's one-two finish in Malaysia last weekend that his squad would have to watch out for tension developing between the two drivers as the season unfolded.

However, Malaysian Grand Prix winner Hamilton told reporters in Bahrain that Rosberg was not one of his close friends and thus he had no reason to worry about their relationship bending under the strain of fighting for a world championship.

"It's very simple. People are constantly talking about us being friends and all that stuff.

"Nico and myself I'm sure, as everyone, can count our friends on one hand," said Hamilton when asked by AUTOSPORT how he saw the relationship changing as the title fight ramps up.

"Nico doesn't come in those five friends I have, and I don't come in the five friends that he has.

"We're colleagues. We've known each other a long time, longer than probably any other drivers [on the grid] have known each other, but we have a great amount of respect, we work in the same team, we have a great working relationship.

"We have [had] since we were kids. We've been team-mates fighting for a championship in the past in karting, so it's no different from then as it is now."

Australian GP winner Rosberg reckons the dynamic between the two could alter as the season progresses, but the German is not worried that a title fight might cause a break down in relations.

"At the moment it hasn't changed at all. Yet," he said. "Maybe because we're not thinking about the championship yet, just race by race making the most of what we have.

"It could change later, if we're still in a similar position, [but] it's not a concern.

"We've been in this situation in go-karts, fighting for the championship there. It's exactly the same.

"There are more people around, more media, more spectators, but we managed to get through there with respect and I'm confident we're going to manage again in any circumstances.

"Inevitably there will be tough times for sure, but I'm confident we can work through it and move on."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Even in the context of the article its still a pretty stupid thing to say, knowing full well how the media circus works and how his previous comments have been twisted or misinterpreted like his whole "Cause I'm black" comment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

aerogi wrote:
YOu don't offend me. But you have this feeling, and I have that feeling.

Even with all your arguments, some valid, some not (like the engine noise I couldn't care less how they sound) I cannot change that.

I have a feeling they are cruising like they should do on a 24 hours race (to preserve tyres, gearbox, engines), whereas when I look back at the 24 hours le Mans races I have the opposite feeling: that they do a sprint race between each stint.

Nice argument, if Wec had the calendar and race dist of F1 and was as easy to watch from my couch, not on the PC, I would watch it for sure. Now even paid tv is a misery for it in Brazil.

As for the race rythhm, I can take this for a year for a change. I wonder wich team can push harder for longer and when the others will blink.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:30 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

kals wrote:
Those comments are being taken somewhat out of context. Here's the full article...

Quote:
Hamilton thinks F1 title fight won't affect Rosberg relations
By Ben Anderson Friday, April 4th 2014, 11:00 GMT

Lewis Hamilton insists his relationship with Mercedes Formula 1 team-mate Nico Rosberg will be unaffected by the potential friction of a title fight.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff said after the team's one-two finish in Malaysia last weekend that his squad would have to watch out for tension developing between the two drivers as the season unfolded.

However, Malaysian Grand Prix winner Hamilton told reporters in Bahrain that Rosberg was not one of his close friends and thus he had no reason to worry about their relationship bending under the strain of fighting for a world championship.

"It's very simple. People are constantly talking about us being friends and all that stuff.

"Nico and myself I'm sure, as everyone, can count our friends on one hand," said Hamilton when asked by AUTOSPORT how he saw the relationship changing as the title fight ramps up.

"Nico doesn't come in those five friends I have, and I don't come in the five friends that he has.

"We're colleagues. We've known each other a long time, longer than probably any other drivers [on the grid] have known each other, but we have a great amount of respect, we work in the same team, we have a great working relationship.

"We have [had] since we were kids. We've been team-mates fighting for a championship in the past in karting, so it's no different from then as it is now."

Australian GP winner Rosberg reckons the dynamic between the two could alter as the season progresses, but the German is not worried that a title fight might cause a break down in relations.

"At the moment it hasn't changed at all. Yet," he said. "Maybe because we're not thinking about the championship yet, just race by race making the most of what we have.

"It could change later, if we're still in a similar position, [but] it's not a concern.

"We've been in this situation in go-karts, fighting for the championship there. It's exactly the same.

"There are more people around, more media, more spectators, but we managed to get through there with respect and I'm confident we're going to manage again in any circumstances.

"Inevitably there will be tough times for sure, but I'm confident we can work through it and move on."

Wasn't out of context - they played the interview on BBC Radio, almost exactly like that. This is the same man who moaned Jenson wasn't his friend. He has NO idea how to speak to people.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:33 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Don't think they teach that in the Young Driver Development Programme. :whistling:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

@
ellis
- I find myself disagreeing with your reasoning. I agree Lewis says silly things but I don't see what in this interview is all that bad. He's not answered the question in the best way but what he is basically saying is that he and Nico work well together but don't consider each other friends. The way you paraphrased Lewis' words, it is like your trying to suggest he doesn't like Nico.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anyone watching Fp1? 47min in already lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ferrari have put different tyres on Alonso's car :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Different tires :?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:55 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

woops :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vettel's helmet looks like someone shat on it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
Different tires :?

I'd like to know how cars would perform if they were allowed to do this. Perhaps the tyre rules could be slightly altered to allow teams to run a mix of the two Pirelli compounds around the car, as long as both compounds were still used through the race.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
Ferrari have put different tyres on Alonso's car :lol:

With the penalties handed out so far I assume at least a 3 race ban for them.

kals wrote:

I'd like to know how cars would perform if they were allowed to do this. Perhaps the tyre rules could be slightly altered to allow teams to run a mix of the two Pirelli compounds around the car, as long as both compounds were still used through the race.

Frankly only rule about tyres should be to stick to some of the manufacturers suggestions. If Pirelli says the tyres cannot run with low pressure or you can't put a right tyre on the left that should be mandated. But if a team wants to try a no-stopper on hard be my guest. Just don't cry murder if it fails.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lot of people missing their braking point at Turn 1. Due to the high speed?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Perez :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 758 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 638 Next