TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 758 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 538 Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:53 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Looks better at night.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:00 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I think we can safely say that light is not this circuit's medium - night race will make the race look better, even if the circuit layout remains the same.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lucasjeha wrote:
Back to the Sutil and Sauber's weight issue... http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3087 ... ut-weight/

This is very dangerous and shows once again how insane some rules are, to force drivers to desperate lose weight or make the car lighter.

He's an idiot, just hope he doesn't kill anybody else when he passes out again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:12 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

There are some limits to how much weight you can lose though, right? I'm 1m86 and I don't think I can ever weigh as much as a top shape person who's 1m75 unless I'm anorexic.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:41 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

James B wrote:
I've written a Bahrain preview. Getting paid for hits again so if you could give it a click, I'd be very grateful: http://bettinginstinct.com/2014/04/02/b ... he-desert/

Shared on FB too :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

James B wrote:
I've written a Bahrain preview. Getting paid for hits again so if you could give it a click, I'd be very grateful: http://bettinginstinct.com/2014/04/02/b ... he-desert/

Interesting writeup, good read :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:36 am 

Scotty wrote:
There would be a point where if he lost a shit ton of weight he would start losing strength, but losing 3-4kg shouldn't be that hard for a professional athlete.

Mark Webber had 3-4% body fat throughout his career, which is insanely small, most athletes have 7-10%. He had to do that because he was tall and heavy. You're being paid millions, get a nutritionist and a personal trainer and lay off the cup cakes.

I don't know how fit Sutil is, any reports that he's actually not trying?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cupcakes aside, he's kind of missing the point over why you have a drinks bottle in the first place and it doesn't have anything to do with the drivers weight, maybe the team should be looking to shave weight off the car in other areas instead of expecting the driver to put himself at risk of dehydration.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:41 am 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Scotty wrote:
Will you refund any bets taken on the advice you've given if they don't come through?

Hulkenberg for a podium for me btw. Bit more unreliability here and it will happen.

Heh. The odds are put in by the editor after the article is written. I doubt Williams will get close to the podium. Hulkenberg's a good shout if the Red Bulls drop out. Alonso usually goes well here, though - I think he'd be the most likely if two of the front four had problems

Cheers for the hits and sharing. I've nearly reached 100 hits now :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

About the weight issue, I would have thought with all the technicalities and the FIA's love of making things way more complicated and hideous than things already are, that they would have issued a uniform weight test on the race tub including driver. Say they said ok, the tub and driver must weigh 200kgs (with or without all the trimmings) so that every tub with the driver is the same weight. There is no bitching about ballast (well there would have to be some ballast as a team with a lighter driver and tub would have to place ballast in a specific area to bring up to mandatory weight), and no so and so driver only weighs 55kgs, I weigh 65kgs....unfair advantage blah blah blah.

That would mean a uniform weight in a uniform area, the FIA is kind of pushing towards a single spec series anyway with all their restrictions, but this is one spec that I think is actually a good idea.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:02 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If Sutil laid off the sausage he'd probably be fine. He's clearly taking in too much protein.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Haha nice one, very subtle.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

James B wrote:

Just read through this and really enjoyed it. Nice write up and I liked the way you handle the Williams team orders situation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:43 am 

I'm confident that hulkenberg will bag a win before the end of the season

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
Well, apart from the ocean of negativity that is hauting this forum. I`m looking forward for this race, and I`m probably going to enjoy it, just like the first 2 of this year.

Anyone with me? Or you all just wanna cry and moan like crybabies?

I didn't enjoy the first two races, and I have not a good feeling about the upcoming race.

And that has nothing to do with crybabies, just a dissappointed feeling.

If there is a Real Madrid vs. Barcelona game you expect someting (like last weekend) to happen. But if it is an incredibly boring game ending 0-0 then most fans will be dissappointed.

I have the exact same feeling after the first two races. I just expected a whole lot more after all these new rules and engines.

I have the right to be and act dissappointed, it's a free world after all :wave:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fabs wrote:
Scotty wrote:
There would be a point where if he lost a shit ton of weight he would start losing strength, but losing 3-4kg shouldn't be that hard for a professional athlete.

Mark Webber had 3-4% body fat throughout his career, which is insanely small, most athletes have 7-10%. He had to do that because he was tall and heavy. You're being paid millions, get a nutritionist and a personal trainer and lay off the cup cakes.

I don't know how fit Sutil is, any reports that he's actually not trying?

Think what we need to know is the drivers heights and weights, that should show if he is carrying more weight than he should.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think health is more important than winning,money or any other thing in the world. And health goes into safety. And safety is No.1 in F1. But looks like only for the car, and not the driver.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:56 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

kals wrote:
If Sutil laid off the sausage he'd probably be fine. He's clearly taking in too much protein.

ban pls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

aerogi wrote:
Soul Reaver wrote:
Well, apart from the ocean of negativity that is haunting this forum. I`m looking forward for this race, and I`m probably going to enjoy it, just like the first 2 of this year.

Anyone with me? Or you all just wanna cry and moan like crybabies?

I didn't enjoy the first two races, and I have not a good feeling about the upcoming race.

And that has nothing to do with crybabies, just a disappointed feeling.

If there is a Real Madrid vs. Barcelona game you expect something (like last weekend) to happen. But if it is an incredibly boring game ending 0-0 then most fans will be disappointed.

I have the exact same feeling after the first two races. I just expected a whole lot more after all these new rules and engines.

I have the right to be and act disappointed, it's a free world after all :wave:

Off course you do, it`s just a shame how everyone complain about everything here all the time it seems.

This is not a formula for excitement, it`s a sport were each team develop their cars, it`s amazing how tight it is already.

The problem is that expectation is a monster. I learned to have high hopes, but I also learned to be realistic after so many years of F1.

Nowhere in the rules was written that 1 - this new rule package would cause havoc in the running order, 2 - neither that we would have 14 mechanical DNFs each race.

I may be disappointed that I`m not seeing Red Bull having all the hell we predicted, but they are in a decent hole somewhat, one that you can still dig out of, and it will be a pleasure to see their competency being shown while they try to do so. Meanwhile, it`s so great to see another team that`s not them up front. They may have an edge now, but if you look last 2 years, at the end RBR always finds the way to victory, so, how long can they have the upper cut above RBR.

Also, some of the expected DNFs are being shown as well in the form of Lotus, after Maldonado stupid move and words afterwards, I can`t help but smile each time I see them having so much trouble. And Williams doing so well.

Williams with Massa, who finally is standing up for himself, after being a tool of Ferrari since 2006, he went to another team for fresh breath, and finally had enough of some stupid unnecessary team orders.

Also, F1 is more beautiful than last years, since 2009 probably, even though they still have some ugly noses, that`s the best one since then.

The sound may not be so loud, but it sounds beautiful, it`s only a problem if you`re on track or if it`s badly mixed by the broadcast, and they are intending to make it better for the future.

The power unit is a ingenious new invention, one of those that ONLY F1 has in the Motorsporst universe and still have races with a short time and very often during the year (instead of the 6/24h WEC series). One of those things that makes me proud to be a witness of this category history.

At last, but not least, on the contrary, I`m really loving to see the cars rear ending at the exit of the corners, what was the last time F1 had that? God how I like to see a driver having to really DRIVE the car. Not that before they didn`t, but it`s much harder to see if the car understeers. One of things I hate Indy at road tracks. The driver factor is starting to show up again.

The fuel economy may be bad in a sense, but it`s nice to see a different approach in a while, I welcome this change for one year at least.

Sorry to offend you man, or anyone, I just wanna know if there`s anyone beyond me who`s enjoying this year and it`s not afraid to say so. Still looking.

Edit: Also, it`s been almost a month F1 has begun, it`s about time to let reality sink up and get over it. Well, at least for some I hope. For me it only took one day of free practice. Maybe 2.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:23 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

YOu don't offend me. But you have this feeling, and I have that feeling.

Even with all your arguments, some valid, some not (like the engine noise I couldn't care less how they sound) I cannot change that.

I have a feeling they are cruising like they should do on a 24 hours race (to preserve tyres, gearbox, engines), whereas when I look back at the 24 hours le Mans races I have the opposite feeling: that they do a sprint race between each stint.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 758 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 538 Next