TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 740 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:43 am 

jsalvador wrote:
Fuckin hell. I clearly read a report earlier on CNN that his condition was definitely 'not serious.' Now, hes in critical condition according to DW :(. Come on Schumi!

same happened with me. When I first heard the news(Sunday morning) it sounded like a minor thing :(

my fondest memories in sport relates to Michael. I'm making an effort to not even speculate anything in my mind untill the next official medical release

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:57 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

As somebody who recently went through a family member being put into a drug-induced coma, it is very much like what others have said in this thread, it allows the brain a chance to heal itself. Just over a month ago, my dad had a massive heart attack and was put into a drug-induced coma because the doctors also found brain swelling because his brain was without oxygen for a period of time. He was in a coma for a few days and thankfully he's steadily getting better.

One race car driver that comes to mind who was in a drug induced coma after suffering a head injury was Ernie Irvan and look at the recovery he made in the months after his accident.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:20 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

Talladega wrote:
Press release from the Grenoble hospital
Quote:
Monsieur Schumacher a été admis au centre hospitalier de Grenoble à 12h40, suite à un accident de ski survenu à Méribel en fin de matinée. Il souffrait à son arrivée d’un traumatisme crânien grave, avec coma, qui a nécessité immédiatement une intervention neurochirurgicale. Il reste dans une situation critique.

It clearly says that he was already in coma when he arrived at the hospital, no mention of it being induced.

That's what my girlfriend says : if the coma was actually induced, they probably would have mentionned it. Doesn't look good :( Press conference is in less than 6 hours from now, so let's keep those fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:44 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Best wishes for Michael and his family, pull through for us Michael :flag:

Pittsburgh Steelers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There are suggestions (both from France and from BILD) that Schumacher required a second surgery during the night.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
BILD reports there had to be a 2nd Surgery this night because there was to much pressure in his head.... :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:42 am 

God damnit, just like most around here I expected it would be a minor issue due to the first reports but this is terrible. I hope and wish he pulls trough!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was shocked to hear about what happened earlier today. Head injuries can be so unpredictable. I'm sure he has some of the best people in the country looking after him right now. I hope he can recover from this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:24 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I read on german RTL teletext that Schumi is on a 48h coma now after operation. And that they opened his head because of the pressure

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:00 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Doctors confirm that he's still in critical condition, trying everything to minimize the pressure in his head - no comment regarding any improvements.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
It is confirmed that he is in an inducted Coma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Press conference (in French, naturally):

http://www.itele.fr/direct

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Doctors just said that without the helmet he would be dead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:04 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Doctors can't say what will happen within the next hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

so the press conference says that they still don't know anything for sure?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Omega wrote:

No, the Press Conference said that there is not much hope that Schumi will fully Recover from that.Because he also has
diffuse bruises in the Brain :( :(

Thats bad :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:18 am 

Omega wrote:

That is basically what they were saying, yes. A medical expert has just judged this press conferece as worrying on German NTV because the doctors sort of confirmed that Schumacher sustained some sort of brain damage. So the swelling induced pressure does not seem to be the only issue.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:22 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Those who have been there since the start of the old forum in 2003 know how much this news affects me, I really hope Michael can make it through. :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A translated version of the press conference
http://www.f1zone.net/news/schumacher-r ... tal/21537/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A transcript from the BBC F1 page, reconstructed from their individual updates:

A spokesman for the hospital said:
Quote:
Michael Schumacher was the victim of very serious trauma. He was very agitated when he arrived and we decided he was in a critical situation and he quickly went into a coma.

The neurosurgical treatment he received brought us quite a lot of information. We had to operate urgently to release some pressure in his head. Unfortunately, he has some lesions within his brain.

Chief anaesthesiologist professor Jean-Francois Payen added:
Quote:
I'd say this accident happened in the right place because he was taken into hospital immediately and operated on as soon as he arrived, this meant his state is critical and he is still in a coma and he will be kept in a coma.

Everything that needed to be done has been done at the moment we can't really say when he will recover, we cannot answer this yet.

We can say he is fighting for his life. We judge him to be in a very serious situation. We cannot tell what the outcome will be yet. We are working hour-by-hour but it's too early to say what is going to happen and to have a prognosis.

We think his helmet did help, without a helmet he wouldn't be here now.

We are in constant contact with his family that are by his bedside. At this moment we don't see he is going to need a second operation.

We have very good medical procedures and we did actually treat him very quickly and give him what he needed very quickly.

Professor Stephane Chabarde said:
Quote:
The helmet wasn't enough to protect him completely but it really did help. We see a lot of head injuries like this.

I came here not in terms of a doctor but as a friend. I'd like to thank everyone for the support and the excellent medical team who treated him so well.

I am very worried just like his family, we are very worried about his condition. the doctors won't tell you more because they can't tell you more, they are working hour by hour.

This kind of accident, luckily he's 45 which is better than if you were older.

Schumacher is under the care of Professor Gerard Saillant, a brain and spinal injury expert who is also president of the International Automobile Federation (FIA) Institute.

A consultant added:
Quote:
He is under local anaesthetic at the moment to reduce any stimulus. It was quite a big trauma to the head.

What we observed initially was an impact to the right side of the head. He was agitated when he came in. He had some spontaneous movements and wasn't in a normal state when he came in.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 740 Next