TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 3740 Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You mean an official denial?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Many years ago a friend of mines father got knocked off his bicycle on his way to work, Dark cold morning etc etc..
was a time before the H&S push on cycle helmets.... He suffered a serious head injury that resulted in him being in a coma.

Not saying the damage was the same, worse or less severe than that of Michael's but as my friends fathers coma went on and on so his condition deteriorated..

It doesnt matter how many tubes or pipes are inserted into the body to assist with its functions, your bodily functions, unless the organs are running at at least 85% and controlled by the body/Brain in a normal way then they will slowly die.. (well apart from the Liver, mines at about 30% at the moment) and i fear thats what is happening to Schumacher..

My friends dad lived in this state (Lived or existed?) for about 3 years.. then as everything slowly deteriorated within him it soon became time to switch of the machines and let nature take its final course...

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So in that situation, after 6 months to a year of seeing where things are heading and knowing where they would end up, why wouldn't you stop artificial life support and let them die a dignified death rather than dragging out a poor quality of life for several years?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Absolutely. . I think thats possibly the bad news.. they have given Michael a chance to recover now and its not worked... hes not getting better, time to face up to realities..
His wife has some more tough decisions to make unfortunately. .

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:40 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Philthy82 wrote:
So in that situation, after 6 months to a year of seeing where things are heading and knowing where they would end up, why wouldn't you stop artificial life support and let them die a dignified death rather than dragging out a poor quality of life for several years?

I think any chance for dignified death has been long gone if his state has been as rumoured and how the manager/family have tried to live in a denial. Sorry for sounding cold but I would not want to be kept alive in that kind of state nor should anyone around me be forced to get stuck with that for over two years. I might not be aware of anything, but the relatives around for sure would be and that's going to hurt a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:31 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Needless to say, totally agree with Weber here:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns33074.html

Quote:
FEBRUARY 13, 2016
Schumacher family should give health update

Michael Schumacher's former manager thinks the family should reconsider its decision to keep the public in the dark about the F1 legend's health.

Just after Christmas, Willi Weber, who handled Schumacher's career from the junior formulae through to title stardom, revealed that he has been unable to visit the great German since his 2013 skiing crash.

"Unfortunately, it is just as I wrote on Facebook," he told Bild newspaper. "Corinna prevents me from having any contact with Michael."

Now, Weber has spoken to the European gossip magazine Gala and said the policy of not allowing him to see Schumacher as he recuperates at home in Switzerland means he is suffering "like a dog".

"I just hope one day my phone rings, it's Michael and he says 'Willi, get down here as there is so much to discuss'. Just as it was before," he said.

As for the policy of not updating the wider world about Schumacher's current health condition, Weber added: "I think Michael's fans would be happy if they received an honest message about his health.

"It would also help the people with whom Michael worked for all those years to deal better with the situation," he said.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Did Schumacher and Weber end their long relationship in acrimonious circumstances? It seems strange that he of all people would be prevented from visiting.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think Weber is saying that if Michael was able to contact him, he would do so. So it's probably Corinna with whom Weber has bad relationship for some reason.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeaa, they had a good relationship after his retirement. Maybe she blames him for some of the 'leaks'?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm pretty sure it was reported last year that he had been unable to visit Michael because the family simply never returned his calls.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
Did Schumacher and Weber end their long relationship in acrimonious circumstances? It seems strange that he of all people would be prevented from visiting.

While they have a long working history together, not all that strange considering Willi has always been known to have a big mouth...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
kals wrote:

While they have a long working history together, not all that strange considering Willi has always been known to have a big mouth...

What has he done?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frankly there should be laws against headlines like these.

Then again, technically it could be true if he's just a vegetable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It think it was early stated he's in Minimally Conscious State.
But as the life expectancy is around 2-5 years (10 years being rarity), it's realistic to assume he's not much longer with us.
http://www.lifeexpectancy.org/vs.shtml

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeaa, 'No longer with us' isn't necessarily because of death.

It's because of their reluctance to state just how Schumacher actually is that leads to such headlines.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:25 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Quote:
FEBRUARY 16, 2016
Family pays tribute to absent Schumacher

Michael Schumacher's manager on Monday paid tribute to the absent F1 legend, as his entire family gathered for a rare public appearance.

In Marburg, Germany, Schumacher's wife Corinna, father Rolf, children Gina-Maria and Mick and friends Norbert Haug and Stefano Domenicali all gathered.

Attended by 200 others, it was the opening of an exhibition celebrating Schumacher's career, hosted by long-time sponsor DVAG and taking place on the 20th anniversary of the great German's first test at the wheel of a Ferrari.

The notable absentee, however, was the 47-year-old seven time world champion himself, as he was apparently still being tended to by full-time rehabilitation staff at his palatial home on the shores of Lake Geneva.

"He is the most successful driver in history," manager Kehm said, "and sometimes, on days like this, it is good to be reminded of it.

"Of course, Michael is not here and of course we miss him. We know what has happened and cannot change it. We must accept it and hope with everything we have that with continued support and patience he will one day be back with us.

"Racing was his life and no one would have liked to have been here more than him," Kehm added.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns33087.html

Possibly telling words, or something lost in German to English translation? -

Sabine Kehm wrote:
"Of course, Michael is not here and of course we miss him."

"Miss him" on the day, or "miss him" altogether? I hear it as the latter. Not suggesting he's passed, but clearly every little clue is that he's in a vegetative state and the prognosis is dismal. It would be kinder if he's taken sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
if he's dead, it would be creep as fuck to keep him like some kind of Lenin at home

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

From what we know he just isn't anything near he used to be. That phrase fits perfectly well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:11 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Some more quotes from Kehm:

Quote:
Manager maintains Schumacher 'hope'
Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Michael Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm says she hopes "with continued support and patience" the seven-time Formula 1 world champion will "one day be back with us".

It is more than two years since Schumacher sustained severe head injuries in a skiing accident in the French Alps.

Speaking at the opening of an exhibition of memorabilia from Schumacher's private collection in Marburg, Germany, Kehm said: "He is the most successful driver in history and sometimes, on days like this, it is good to be reminded of it.

"Of course, Michael is not here and of course we miss him. We know what has happened and cannot change it.

"We must accept it and hope with everything we have that with continued support and patience he will one day be back with us.

"Racing was his life and no one would have liked to have been here more than him."

Last October, FIA president and close family friend Jean Todt said Schumacher "is still fighting".

The German spent a number of months in intensive care in Grenoble Hospital before regaining consciousness.

He was then moved to a hospital closer to home in Lausanne before returning home in early September 2014.

Since then, there has been little information revealed about the 47-year-old and his recovery.

http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/ite ... acher-hope

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 3740 Next