TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39 40 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The most recent official updates imply that he is either in a minimally-conscious state (similar to vegetative, but with periods of consciousness that may include indicated awareness) or more conscious with non-verbal communication.

The former would be a reason to keep him alive, as it is possible for people in this state to experience locked-in syndrome. The latter would be (in all honesty) great news, but probably too much for the general public to process if they published pictures or video.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:49 pm 

I don't like corina schumacher, please don't take this bad, but we all know she was heinz-harald frentzen's girlfriend, and she dumped him and married michael after it was clear that he was going to be become most famous/richer, maybe some of our german members can tell us more about that, but I do see corina with bad eyes.... she is the one doing all of this to michael and the rest of the world.

Last edited by nascarf1indycar on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official updates in some cases mean Jack shit. We all remember the Iraqi minister of information. There where no Americans in Baghdad while there basically where tanks in the background and we nearly had US soldiers acting like little kids behind him.

The rumors of his brother not being able to visit or close friends like Todt worry me because those rumors haven't been strongly denied by all involved. We only receive very little snippets of information. Mainly 2nd and 3th hand information.

Personally I'm not buying the "we want our privacy" excuse anymore. I recon this MO now requires a small private army patrolling the surroundings of their home to fend off anyone from Bild or other shite magazines trying to get the latest scoop.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

nascarf1indycar wrote:
I don't like corina schumacher, please don't take this bad, but we all know she was heinz-harald frentzen's girlfriend, and she dumped him and married michael after it was clear that he was going to be become most famous/richer, maybe some of our german members can tell us more about that, but I do see corina with bad eyes.... she is the one doing all of this to michael and the rest of the world.

I don't think the Frentzen bit had a lot to do with it. It was in the many years after that, that it became clear that she was just a total bitch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:55 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
Matthiasw wrote:
I don't know I still fear the day we get the worst news.

Yeah, when I read the quoted sentence, I automatically thought "Worst? How? This can't get any worse." I just have this feeling for some cases.

From nature I use to expect the bad end of the Story. This happend quite often in my life to be honest.
Also if you think that way, it can only get better. Don't get me wrong, I hope he recovers from it, but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Good point, any recovery still is good news. And my 'yeah' there was agreeing with the posts above my own. Just to avoid any confusion to anyone reading this.

As for Corina, what she's doing - protecting his and their privacy - is one thing he always did and thus is a way for her to get closer to who he was. And I think she must be the one with the biggest lost right here. So I'm frustrated but not mad at her. Though I also think that if Schummi had an accident that got everybody concerned about him and he still was with a normal conscious and aware of the repercussion, he would have made some form of press release if not more. Is also different to want to be alone because you were a successful celebrity and another thing when everyone is just worried about your health state.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumacher's family is expected to receive (fairly small) damages from a magazine that claimed in December he could walk.

If nothing else, this has given us our first actual confirmed information on his condition in months - 'he cannot walk'. That's all we get.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/schum ... ns-828242/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:56 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

BBC News trending it now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37406977

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Schumacher's family is expected to receive (fairly small) damages from a magazine that claimed in December he could walk.

If nothing else, this has given us our first actual confirmed information on his condition in months - 'he cannot walk'. That's all we get.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/schum ... ns-828242/

Michael's family sues publication in an attempt to keep details of Michael's condition and life private but in doing so has to publicly disclose intimate details of Micheal's condition and life. Do they truly understand what they are trying to accomplish?

What a sad sad situation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They themselves are responsible for the clusterfuck they created.

An occasional status update would probably work better for their privacy than not disclosing anything and making tabloids fish for news.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37866091

Quote:
Brawn: Encouraging signs for Schumacher

Ross Brawn, who guided Michael Schumacher to seven F1 titles, says there are "encouraging signs" following the German's serious head injury in 2013.

Brawn said: "There are encouraging signs and we are all praying every day that we see more of them.

"All I would say is there is a lot of speculation about Michael's condition, most it's wrong and we just pray and hope every day that we continue to see some progress."

Full audio interview where that quote is from is here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b080xzq2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

"Encouraging signs". Like always, what are encouraging signs? Can he walk from his bed to the window unaided, can he move his own thumb by now, or can he manage to have a night without shitting himself? All signs that make him do something that he couldn't before are positive, but where is he starting from?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Omega wrote:
"Encouraging signs". Like always, what are encouraging signs? Can he walk from his bed to the window unaided, can he move his own thumb by now, or can he manage to have a night without shitting himself? All signs that make him do something that he couldn't before are positive, but where is he starting from?

that sound like a very polite way to say "don't bother us anymore with questions about him we'll always answer the same way"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Someone has seemingly managed to get some images of Michael from his home & have offered them to the media for £1m.

http://en.f1i.com/news/84706-photos-ail ... gated.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No media will buy the photo, because they'll lose 100m$ due to a lawsuit.
Besides, I can imagine how Schumacher as a fragile vegetative patient looks like without a photo.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
No media will buy the photo, because they'll lose 100m$ due to a lawsuit.
Besides, I can imagine how Schumacher as a fragile vegetative patient looks like without a photo.

It's 2016. Someone will buy that photo. The family will try to sue them, but whoever buys it will just disappear back into the Internet and the thing will get shared.

If nothing else, this is at least implicit confirmation that he isn't dead...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Going to be blunt here - wouldnt it have been better for him to have died?

Firstly, dont we always say that "if i ended up in a vegetative state, put me out of my misery" ... I know i wouldn't want to live on being fed by tubes at one end and shitting in nappy's at the other - theres no dignity in that!

Secondly, and this isnt me being mercenary cause i have nothing to gain from it, if he had of died, can you imagine the fortunes that would come rolling in from all the merchandise?

Look at Senna, Earnhardt and outside of Motorsport famous people like Michael Jackson, Elvis and Sinatra... some of them have made more money dead that when they were alive!

As i said, im not trying to be cruel or mercenary, just honest, and looking at the wider picture!

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:48 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

I agree 100% - If he had died on that mountain yes it would have been a tragedy and we would all grieve for one of the greatest talents that racing has ever seen. But with him in the state that he is, costing the family millions and the media almost in a frenzy over it, one wonders what has been gained from it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I said it before, it seems like he's worth more to his wife alive, in whatever state, than he would be if he died.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

She is clinging onto the vain hope that medical science will progress to the point where she'll get her husband back (or hoping for a miracle from 'God', I seem to remember reading she is quiet religious), of course it depends totally on his condition and he could have locked in syndrome which depending on you life views could be better than death.

The point being is we don't know the truth because she won't allow it to be publicised.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39 40 Next