TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When I read that Mick Schumacher interview this week I suddenly realised he refers to his father in the past tense, and that was quite hard to digest :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My wife noticed that too, it's as if he's been packed off to racing boarding school and only returns home once or twice a year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Corinna Schumacher has released a letter & there also seems to be a bit of new information about his current condition.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... e-15408595

Quote:
Michael Schumacher’s wife Corinna has issued a rare update on the F1 star’s health.

The former racing driver still needs round the clock nursing care as he battles to overcome life-threatening injuries he sustained in a horrific skiing accident.

It is understood that while Schumacher remains paralysed he is able to answer questions from his wife and children Gina-Maria, 17, and son Mick, 15, by fluttering his eyes.

Doctors at the clinic in Switzerland hope to have Michael sitting upright in an advanced electronic wheelchair that he can control via his mouth within a few weeks.

According to reports in Croatian media, doctors Darko Chudy and Vedran Deletis, who have developed a revolutionary microchip implanting technique, may plan to use it to help him.

It is believed the microchip may be able to help him to walk and talk again after his extended period in a coma.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is that an old article, because his kids are 21 and 18?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dated today but I guess they looked up an old article for their ages and forgot to change them...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, I'm off this thread and straight to working on a careful wording for the "conditions for unplugging" paragraph into my will. Peace.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What you're suggesting is a "living will" or an "Advanced Directive", you can't write it into your Will because that is only activated after you die, just FYI.

My dad is seriously looking into one, after what happened to my Mum and Schu.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:13 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Unseen Michael Schumacher interview released by family
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3477/unseen-michael-schumacher-interview-released-by-family/?fbclid=IwAR3V0oaZPbJo7PIJFzgndpis7JWaeUjo4O1AdcSr73KY47tRP2d_EmroXNI

Brace yourself. That's what I feel about this update. Similar to what happened with Bianchi just weeks before he passed away. :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formu ... acher.html

Quote:
However, Sportsmail understands that he is not bed-ridden. Nor is he existing on tubes. Yet it is believed he is receiving extensive nursing and therapy care, which has been estimated to cost more than £50,000 a week.

He is, it can be revealed, living with his close family in the main body of his house rather than in an outbuilding that some reports suggested had been constructed in response to his injuries as a special medical facility, a sort of hospital at home.

But we were recently given a glimpse inside Schumacher’s life, through the words of an archbishop who is a confidant to two popes. Dr Georg Ganswein, Prefect of the Pontifical Household of Pope Francis and secretary of the retired Pope, Benedict XVI.

Speaking in the last few weeks to German newspaper Bild, Ganswein revealed: ‘I first talked to Corinna Schumacher and her mother. Then a therapist brought Michael Schumacher into the living room. I introduced myself and told him that I’m a secret fan, that I often watched his races, and that I was fascinated by how someone can steer such a machine through any weather at such high speed.

‘I greeted Michael and held his hands. They were warm. Some things words cannot transport, but a touch can. Holding the hand of a sick person is something deeply Christian that provides consolation and closeness. That was important to me.’

Todt is a regular visitor, too, but is careful never to disclose Michael’s condition. He confirmed, however, that they had watched last month’s Brazilian Grand Prix together at Schumacher’s house. ‘I have pictures of Michael in my offices and apartments,’ Todt has said often, sometimes close to tears. ‘He is like a son to me.’

Another of Schumacher’s old Ferrari team-mates, Rubens Barrichello, wanted to pay a visit, but was told: ‘It would not do him or me any good.’ He said: ‘So I have no news, but we must respect the wishes of the family.’

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Last I heard is after physo they wheel him out to the balcony overlooking Lake Geneva and he spends the rest of the day out there crying.

Wouldn't be suprised to find in a decade or so that he has locked in syndrome or something similar.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jean Todt watched the Brazilian GP with him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:

As in "we watched together" or "I watched while with Michael"?

Because I've watched races with my baby daughter or my cat and neither of them was actually aware of what was going on.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gabriel wrote:
Omega wrote:

Because I've watched races with my baby daughter or my cat and neither of them was actually aware of what was going on.

Todt did not go into further details.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 pm 

From the sounds of things it's probably much better if he's unaware and that's what I hope.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Omega wrote:

Todt did not go into further details.

Imagine watching a race and you can't even jump from the couch and scream "Vettel you f***** idiot!" at the screen. Truly a nightmare.

Dark humour aside, I read somewhere that they also plan to move him to a specialized care center in Colorado

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Schumacher family have issued an actual, honest to god, genuine public statement:

Schumacher family wrote:
We are very happy to celebrate Michael's 50th birthday tomorrow together with you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts that we can do this together. As a gift to him, you and us, Keep Fighting Foundation has created a virtual museum. The Official Michael Schumacher App will be released tomorrow, so that we can review all together Michael's successes. The app is another milestone in our effort to do justice to him and you, his fans, by celebrating his accomplishments. We wish you a lot of fun with it.

Michael can be proud of what he has achieved, and so are we! That's why we remember his successes with the Michael Schumacher Private Collection exhibition in Cologne, by publishing memories in social media and by continuing his charitable work through the Keep Fighting Foundation. We want to remember and celebrate his victories, his records and his jubilation.

You can be sure that he is in the very best of hands and that we are doing everything humanly possible to help him. Please understand if we are following Michael's wishes and keeping such a sensitive subject as health, as it has always been, in privacy. At the same time we say thank you very much for your friendship and wish you a healthy and happy year 2019.

It's interesting (and a little reassuring?) to see them referring to him in the present tense, after so many reports from people using the past tense. Ross Brawn has also given a small quote; it's light on any real information but again at least doesn't talk like he has already gone:

Quote:
I am constantly in touch with Corinna, and I totally agree with their decision,” Brawn told the Press Association. “Michael has always been a very private person and that’s been a guiding principle in his career, his life and his family always agreed with that choice.

“It’s completely understandable that Corinna has wanted to maintain the same approach, even after the tragic event, and it’s a decision we must all respect. I’m sure the millions of people who are still Michael fans will understand it, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:32 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Its good to see an official update and not some fake news outlet trying to get a story.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I guess this is the place for this:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There is a report that Michael has been admitted to the cardiovascular surgery department of the Georges Pompidou European Hospital & is being treated by cardiac surgeon Professor Philippe Menasche.... Providing the google translation is somewhat accurate.
http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/m ... 148849.php

A reuters article says he is undergoing treatment based on stem-cell transfusion.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-peopl ... KKCN1VU25B

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:18 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Happy Birthday, Michael!

Keep fighting!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next