TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 3840 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:56 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20160312_02179449

Kehm defends not communicating about Schumacher's condition, saying Michael wanted to live in anonymity after his (second) career. She says she continues to comply with his wish.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That I get and appreciate. But why would you wait 2 years before announcing that?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
That I get and appreciate. But why would you wait 2 years before announcing that?

I get it too but the situation is so much different then when he just would be retired. He'd occasionally would pop up somewhere and talk to the press. He might try Le Mans or even Indy or something completely different. He'd be at his son's races.
We would still get glimpses of him and be ok with that. He deserves to live a peaceful life.

But in his current situation, we hear nothing but want to know how good or bad it really is. And I'm not saying we deserve to know or have the right to know. We don't but that doesn't change the fact we would love to know more. And as long as people want to know more the tabloids will try to find out, try to talk to people who might know more or just publish complete rubbish someone shitted out of his ass.

I understand their tactic but the tactic was for a normal retirement and in the current situation that tactic isn't working too well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:25 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

micha wrote:
kals wrote:

I get it too but the situation is so much different then when he just would be retired. He'd occasionally would pop up somewhere and talk to the press. He might try Le Mans or even Indy or something completely different. He'd be at his son's races.
We would still get glimpses of him and be ok with that. He deserves to live a peaceful life.

But in his current situation, we hear nothing but want to know how good or bad it really is. And I'm not saying we deserve to know or have the right to know. We don't but that doesn't change the fact we would love to know more. And as long as people want to know more the tabloids will try to find out, try to talk to people who might know more or just publish complete rubbish someone shitted out of his ass.

I understand their tactic but the tactic was for a normal retirement and in the current situation that tactic isn't working too well.

Or maybe they're making bad decision for him on fly? They react on every single rumor with denial (do they have to? Just leave them to be, no comments.), they use their connections to shut up people (Hartstein), they threaten to sue people (Streiff), they let people to see him (but they don't let the people who would like to see him and let people who don't like to see him to say that to the press), they launch their own news on situation (Michael's finally home, yay!) and then two year with this turmoil they'll go "oh, well, he wanted to disappear. so respect that and buzz off."

I don't know what you see, but all I see here is bad change management from Michael's team. They've really let him down by being badly organized and making a mess out of this. They've could have been just silent all the time and media would have forgot them. Or they could have been open about it and do the announcements when ever they feel like it. Now they react randomly on every gossip nearly on monthly basis and they're feeding the media by this. It's either beneficial for them or extremely bad strategical planning on how to face different scenarios with publicity that they don't want (but they appreciate all the attention from the fans around the world for thoughts and prayers so stay tuned for more).

Now they say that Michael wanted to disappear. Well that might have been achieved at this point with better planning on how to deal with the media. And now when they make an announcement that how Michael wanted to disappear just days before his accident it makes me think it's either bollocks excuse by the manager who has failed or another headliner to keep Michael relevant for the World for some beneficial reason. They've said multiple times that they'll tell when there's something new information to share. How's Michael wanting to disappear is new information? What's the relevancy of it? Other than keeping him in the news?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not sure it's Michael's management who are miss-managing things, but rather his wife.

His management (why would a person who wants to disappear from public life retain the services of a publicist?) is simply parroting what others (the Wife) tell her say, I always got the feeling that the lady who is always having to deny to the press the latest rumour is as frustrated by the situation as the rest of us, she is a Public Relations guru after all :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:02 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Some sources (Diario Sport, Corriero dello Sport, La Derniere Heure and Newseveryday) are suggesting now that Michael would be passing away soon or needs a miracle to stay alive.

No idea if those sources are reliable but I believe the management will soon give a statement to deny that.

However, if it's true, I hope he finally get's peace as he's probably not been in a very good state after the accident.

Finnish article:
http://www.arvokisat.com/pysayttava-vaite-michael-schumacher-kuoleman-kielissa/

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It is unbelievable that after such a long time, for someone that has is so well known, we (fans, motorsport unthusiasts) still have no real idea how he is, if he will recover to a certain extent etc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

di Montezemolo said this today:

Quote:
However, the man who was Ferrari chairman when Schumacher won five consecutive world titles between 2000-04, offered renewed hope to fans of the German superstar on Monday.

“I’m very pleased to know that he is reacting," he told Ecumenical News

“I know how strong he is. I’m sure that thanks to his determination, which will be crucial, he will come out from this very, very difficult situation.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/20 ... -come-out/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doesn't really say much. It could man his hand twitches if you stroke it gently or that he can communicate by blinking his eyes for example or even can speak to a certain extent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:37 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official denial in 3... 2... 1...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't know I still fear the day we get the worst news.

But again wait, see whats coming next.

I have a realtive who is in a Wheelchair he can only use his head to steer his chair with a Joystick since he can't move anythin from shoulders down anymore.
That impressed me much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:38 pm 

To be honest to me he is already dead, he died the day of the accident. Yes he is alive, but you know what I mean. Whenever they announce something it won't mean anything.

MOD:
User was warned for this post.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

nascarf1indycar wrote:
To be honest to me he is already dead, he died the day of the accident. Yes he is alive, but you know what I mean. Whenever they announce something it won't mean anything.

That's a rather shocking condemnation of the severely disabled. The reality is that we don't know what state he is in, but 'conscious and minimally responsive' is a whole world away from 'already dead'.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

IMO it's a bit of an overreaction to warn nascarf1indycar for that post. My interpretation is he's saying what's been said many times previously in this thread, that there's a level of vegetative state where you have to ask whether the person has any quality of life and would choose to go on living if they could communicate a choice. Based on what little information has come out we have to consider Schumacher may be past that point. Taking that statement as an insult to all severely disabled is painting with just a bit of a broad brush.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:26 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Philthy82 wrote:
IMO it's a bit of an overreaction to warn nascarf1indycar for that post. My interpretation is he's saying what's been said many times previously in this thread, that there's a level of vegetative state where you have to ask whether the person has any quality of life and would choose to go on living if they could communicate a choice. Based on what little information has come out we have to consider Schumacher may be past that point. Taking that statement as an insult to all severely disabled is painting with just a bit of a broad brush.

I agree with this and with nascarf1indycar. It's frustrating how little we actually know about the facts. The way Schumacher family gives information and handles the outside world leaves every option between "the man is dead, it's all just a scam" and "the man perfectly fine and is drinking beer with Elvis and laughs at us" possible. And if I'm not mistaken Ralf isn't allowed to visit, so what the hell, really?

It's the family that's killed Michael from the rest of the world. The unofficial statements and officially denied news are popping up here and there, giving false hope and then leaves an empty vacuum when denied and no official information is given. That's why I understand and respect more nascarf1indycar's post than anything official that's been given from the family. He shouldn't be warned for his opinion, even though it's about sensitive topic. Can't blame him for what the public image of Michael has become and how majority of the (racing) world doesn't like it.

The topic should be changed to "Michael Schumacher - presumably at home (TBC)." to be more accurate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:44 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Honestly I think he's right. They're soo tightlipped about his situation. di Montezemolo now denies making those recent comments.

There must be a reason they keep him alive but I strongly doubt its because of the progress he made and I strongly hope its only because his wife cannot let go.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:51 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, I was having a bad day and overreacted a bit - sorry. I don't agree with his comments at all, but it was indeed a large brush for a small comment.

I didn't report the post though :S

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:54 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:
And if I'm not mistaken Ralf isn't allowed to visit, so what the hell, really?

woah, read over that one. That one is scary. What are they trying to hide if this is true???

Would he be worth more alive (regardless of the condition and costs of keeping him in that state) than he is when he's dead?

Last edited by micha on Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Matthiasw wrote:
I don't know I still fear the day we get the worst news.

Yeah, when I read the quoted sentence, I automatically thought "Worst? How? This can't get any worse." I just have this feeling for some cases.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:31 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

micha wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
And if I'm not mistaken Ralf isn't allowed to visit, so what the hell, really?

woah, read over that one. That one is scary. What are they trying to hide if this is true???

Would he be worth more alive (regardless of the condition and costs of keeping him in that state) than he is when he's dead?

You quoted that wrong, fixed.

micha wrote:

That's the only thing that comes to my mind too. For sure Michael had a good health insurance, maybe more than just one. Keeping him alive might be some people's best interest, as disgusting it might sound. We don't know. He might be playing indoor-golf with Elvis in his mansion, enjoying his private life. Compared to Bianchi's situation, he's either recovered more or just kept alive artificially longer.

What ever it is, he's probably not in a good shape, since none of the official statements have a quote from Michael himself. Not even when he was given Nurburgring Lifetime Achievement Award in May.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 3840 Next