PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:18 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Did you like it?

Meh, 5/10.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

4. I liked Vettels celebration and thats about it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

5, There was a little interest early on but quickly went to meh.

11/10 for the celebration though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'll give it a 6. The race at the front was ok if not a little predictable, but the race throughout the field was pretty entertaining.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:42 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Voted 5 but meant 6. The race wasn't terrible and the lead wasn't obvious for a while until it became clear that Vettel's strategy came off better, then were was some tyre excitement and ok battling towards the end.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Let's see
Quote:
My rating prediction: 5/10. Vettel dominates, a couple of nice fights, little drama (one gentle collision), some interesting tactics.

Vettel dominated in the end, there were some nice fights as well as gentle collision at the start, and tactics indeed were interesting. Otherwise uneventful race.

As for excitement and memorability, only Vettel's donuts count.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
6 - just waiting for the worse next weekend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:00 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

7 but I'm being generous because of the celebration.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

3 points.

Even Vettel's 4th title was nice to see, nothing not expected happened in this race.
Only one really cool move at te end of the race. This GP doesn't deserve more than 3 points.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:55 pm 
Eddie Jordan

6 - mainly for the donuts at the end

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:01 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

As a race, shitty. There was a couple of nice passes, mainly surrounding Alonso (squeezing past that Sauber was a highlight) and the nearly 3 abreast stuff was cool. But that was it.

+1 for the Donuts, mainly because I was uber surprised that the stuffy world of F1 would allow a display of emotion like that.

-1 because it didn't, it fined Vettel for being a human being who was happy and celebrating. :yuk:

This race summed up the entire season, really.
Vettel has his usual top notch performance while everyone else fell over themselves to have issues with their own race instead of taking the fight to him.
Mark might have been on a quicker strategy (but probably wouldn't have won anyway) but broke down.
Mercedes weren't quick enough.
Fernando had his wing issue
Lotus were on their wacky conservative strategy (obviously thinking they had no speed to take Sebass so might as well try something extreme and hope for a Safety car, etc )
Everyone else too far back.

So congratulations Sebass.

Lets hope for 3 better races to round up the season though, because atm it feels like everyone is just running around for the sake of it while thinking about next season... :o

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

easy to wote here:
2 for 1st lap and 2 for doughnuts
4/10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:14 pm 

4. yawn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

1. Whole lot of absolutely nothing. I love F1 but it's so deep in a rut at the moment that I almost can't wait for the season to be over.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:08 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

6 + 3 for Vettels after show party :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

3. I already had the feeling this was coming, but F1 has lost quite a bit of my interests. I don't enjoy wachting it anymore. Today had some good examples why. Like many other times during this season, we heard a radio message where they told the driver not to defend his position, safe your tires! I'm afraid that's todays standard, really don't like that. We saw some of the dullest artificial overtaking thanks to DRS. At the start of 2011 I liked it. But drivers don't defend their position anymore, it doens't matter really becouse you'll be 'DRSed' anyway.

Vettel tried his best to give the spectators some action with some beautiful burnouts, really liked that. Only to read after the race that the team got a huge fine and Vettel a reprimande. Ofcourse I knew this was coming but still some of the shittiest descissions/rules by the FIA.

I don't feel happy about this at all. I always LOVED F1, I always got excited to go out of bed around 4 am in the moring to watch the races in Australia and Japan. I was always freaking nervous around the start of a race, I always hated the feeling when there was standing 40-69 on top of my screen (lap counter), that ment that half the race was already gone. I was always proud to tell my friends about nice races, I was proud to let them hear the amazing sound of the engines.

Now, after wachting F1 for 15 years, I realise I don't have those feelings anymore, how badly I want them to have.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:25 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rudy88 wrote:
3. I already had the feeling this was coming, but F1 has lost quite a bit of my interests. I don't enjoy wachting it anymore. Today had some good examples why. Like many other times during this season, we heard a radio message where they told the driver not to defend his position, safe your tires! I'm afraid that's todays standard, really don't like that. We saw some of the dullest artificial overtaking thanks to DRS. At the start of 2011 I liked it. But drivers don't defend their position anymore, it doens't matter really becouse you'll be 'DRSed' anyway.

Vettel tried his best to give the spectators some action with some beautiful burnouts, really liked that. Only to read after the race that the team got a huge fine and Vettel a reprimande. Ofcourse I knew this was coming but still some of the shittiest descissions/rules by the FIA.

I don't feel happy about this at all. I always LOVED F1, I always got excited to go out of bed around 4 am in the moring to watch the races in Australia and Japan. I was always freaking nervous around the start of a race, I always hated the feeling when there was standing 40-69 on top of my screen (lap counter), that ment that half the race was already gone. I was always proud to tell my friends about nice races, I was proud to let them hear the amazing sound of the engines.

Now, after wachting F1 for 15 years, I realise I don't have those feelings anymore, how badly I want them to have.

This is exactly what I feel for 2-3 years.
Same for waking up at 4 am in the morning for Melbourne or Adelaide GP, that awesome feeling the world is only composed of Australia, my crouch and me. I miss too these times.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:45 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I agree.

Whilst I could not sleep the night before the AUS GP in the past, now I find it a chore. Shouldn't be this way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rudy88 wrote:

You see, I really don't get this. While there is an artificiality to some of the overtaking and tyres, F1 is still far better and more enjoyable to watch than 10-15 years ago. The Schumi years were dire in terms of on-track excitement and racing. Almost every race was a predictable walkover.

Perhaps if you're so unhappy about F1, then you should either lower your expectations or maybe just stop watching.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:49 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Record it and fast forward :thumbsup: