TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next

Will Vettel seal the Championship here in India
Poll ended at Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:26 pm
Yes 47%  47%  [ 27 ]
No 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Pancake 51%  51%  [ 29 ]
Total votes: 57
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Vettel helped with pack-up

They even take the kitchen sink :p

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:54 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Sorry if this was already posted.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What exactly was Kimi's complete response there? I couldn't catch the latter half.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

'Don't shout you fuckwit, I'll (let him through) as soon as I have a chance, I don't need a driving course.'

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:12 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

RtN wrote:
'Don't shout you fuckwit, I'll (let him through) as soon as I have a chance, I don't need a driving course.'

I think the end was about not doing it in a fast corner.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Possibly. It's not the clearest radio in the world.

If that transmission is from after that botched turn 3 pass, Permane is completely in the right. Kimi could have made it very easy for Romain there and for whatever reason led him all the way outside the track.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Congrats to Vettel, respect for the doughnuts, that was an unexpected and emotional celebration.

I think this is a race that will go down as being ruined by DRS. Vettel going from 17th to 3rd should have been a highlight of the race, and something thats remembered for years, like the charges through the field that Schumacher, Hamilton and Button have all done in the past. Instead he did it in a few laps with very little difficulty. Partly thats because of the superiority of the Red Bull and because drivers were told not to fight him, but I think the advantage DRS gave him ruined the spectacle this race could have had.

Still, I'd rather have DRS ruin some races and enhance others than have F1 without DRS.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:28 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

RtN wrote:

If that transmission is from after that botched turn 3 pass, Permane is completely in the right. Kimi could have made it very easy for Romain there and for whatever reason led him all the way outside the track.

It does depend on the timing, but if it's from after turn 3, I totally agree with Permane being pissed off. I'm all for fighting for positions but running your team-mate off the road in a lost-cause situation, little excuse for Kimi no matter how like-able his no-nonsense attitude is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:47 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I hate how corporate F1 has become.

Racing between team mates seems to be such a shocking thing these days.

Ok, you never want them to Coulthard the situation but the way fans react now to "OMG HOW DARE THEY EVEN TRY TO RUN SIDE BY SIDE" is the norm, when it wasn't always so.

I know this isn't the best example to pick on as Kimi's tyres were shot and he was just in the way but it's happened a lot with the Mclarens and Mercedes as well this year too, as if the Red Bull/Ferrari approach of 1 strong car and 1 support driver is the ONLY way to go about things.

It wasn't always this way....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:20 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

To be honest I think people focus way too much on 'in the heat of the moment' radio-messages to make out whether a person/team is likeable. Eg. here I see all kinds of Kimi-fans sprouting about Lotus "TREATING KIMI UNFAIRLY!!!! NO WONDER HE LEAVES THEM!!". These things are always without a lot of context plus not exactly the easiest form of transmitting clear information, which makes it imo understandable that there sometimes are some of these heated phrases thrown around.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vettel > Schumacher < Senna ~ Prost = (best driver)² + 2x(best car + best team) - (F1 era)

Vettel should go to a lesser team to prove himself to haters? Why would he bother? Schumacher did it and still gets the same hate and mean comments many years after becoming the most successful driver in history.

It seems no matter what a driver can do, people will belittle his achievement for petty reasons. Definitely comforts the idea to be a dick about your success, brag about your victory and smear it across the haters' faces, because winners are never popular anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:48 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

coldtyre wrote:
Vettel should go to a lesser team to prove himself to haters?

It amazes me how some have forgotten about Vettel performance at Toro Rossi. Vettel proved that he was special talent by scoring 41 points in 25 races with a team that had only scored 39 points from 1985-2006.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

OS wrote:
RtN wrote:

It does depend on the timing, but if it's from after turn 3, I totally agree with Permane being pissed off. I'm all for fighting for positions but running your team-mate off the road in a lost-cause situation, little excuse for Kimi no matter how like-able his no-nonsense attitude is.

On one hand you can brush it off and look at it as a racing incident but on the other hand I think that situation has been building for a while. I don't think Kimi was too pleased with the way the team has been blatantly supporting Grosjean since the Ferrari announcement and I think he was adamant not to make it easy for Grosjean in this case.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I tend to disagree with that argument. Yes Vettel was good through parts of 2008 but he was also very rough during other parts and took many races to settle down. I believe he was involved (not always his fault) in three or four first lap incidents in the first half of the season which took him and other people out of the race. The Toro Rosso was also a better car than people give it credit for.

On paper he beat Bourdais into submission, but the French Seb also had a fair amount of bad luck. Australia, Spa and Monza were killers for him but the latter two were the opposite for German Seb.

And anyway, by lesser team people mostly mean what the likes of Hamilton, Alonso and also Schumacher have done in their careers. Go to a team and try to handle and perform in a next to poor car.

Let's not take anything away from Vettel, he's a deserved 4-times champion who's been through 4 ultra competitive years and won them all. Yet he's still got a huge amount of untapped potential. That prospect is quite scary but also quite thrilling for the future.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:02 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

-I agree that the technical partnership between Red Bull and Toro Rosso greatly improved the ex-Minardi team. However, at that time, Red Bull was still middle of the grid team. So it's not as if Vettel was essentially driving the McLaren or Ferrari chassis from 2007.

-Vettel did get off to horrible start in first five races of the season. But only to score points in 9 of next 13 races. Its not as if he had up and down season. He improved as the season progressed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:19 am 
2012 F1 Pick-Ems champion

If anyone has/finds any high-res photos of Vettel's donuts and celebrations on the main straight there I'd love to see them, that really was fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:40 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I think you will find little. The camaremen were all lined up in the wrong place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:44 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Quick question; why did Perez make two pitstops with just a few laps between them? Did he start on the harder compound and just had a quick stint on soft?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mika Kimi wrote:
Quick question; why did Perez make two pitstops with just a few laps between them? Did he start on the harder compound and just had a quick stint on soft?

Yes

@
F1Peter
- Did you want the actual donuts or when he was climbing on the car etc?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The kid is flat amazing. I never liked Schumacher, to me there was an air of doushbag around him that I could never get past. Vettel on the other hand, I don't particularly care that he's beating the shit out of everyone every race.

Don't like being dominated by a kid? Build a better car and beat him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next