TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: F1 Stream(s)?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:34 am 

Hey Everyone,

I used to follow the F1 on Sky Sports F1 HD this year, cause I had sattelite Television. Sadly (actually luckily) I'm moving into an amazing appartement in a less than 2 weeks. However, people involved in the movement, did not agree to let me place a sattelite dish on my balconny. Since I did want to live there, I accepted that. And ordered a pretty wide internet and TV subscribtion. Just to find out only the Dutch Sport 1, broadcasts F1, and I need an extra subscription for that, which I sadly don't have the budget for the upcoming 5-to-7 months. And I only just found out that by court, placing a sattelite dish, has been made a humanright in Holland in 2010.

So now I'm stuck with an expensive TV contract for another year, and I can only see F1 on the German RTL Television. And sadly I only speak a handful German words. Also they don't even broadcast all free-practises.

So now I'm searching for an alternative. I'm searching for a stream, or either a stream program, that gives Sky Sports F1 HD, in reasonable quality, and without any/or/too much spam(them anoying ads).

I don't know if there actually is any?

Or is there possibly something like I think it's called IPTV, where you could receive certain, good quality channel packages on your PC for not too much money?

I hope that someone can help me out. :) Thanks for reading this question-topic!

Best of Regards,
Rocky

Post subject: Re: F1 Stream(s)?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You'll find plenty of free reasonable quality streams online come race time, google vipsports, my dad uses a DVR to sync up the RTL satellite with the BBC Radio 5 commentary for stuff that's not on the BBC.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:07 pm 

Ian-S wrote:
You'll find plenty of free reasonable quality streams online come race time, google vipsports, my dad uses a DVR to sync up the RTL satellite with the BBC Radio 5 commentary for stuff that's not on the BBC.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your tips, sadly I've known Vipsports, and only know it from is being quite of a pain in the ass. With forced spamming ads and commercials blocking view every 3-5 minutes and opening lots of windows that anoy me. And also oftenly streams quitting in the middle of something.

I used to have this underground program called HDTV Player 0.## but a new version got released, and I do not know where to get it.

And I also do enjoy them classic races a lot on SkySports F1, and Vipsports never brings that. :(

However, I don't know if there is any other oppertunities.

Maybe I could do RTL DE, and with my laptop (connected to the TV box) seperatly play BBC Radio 5. Cause if that would work, you've given me a great tip! :) However Synchronising it would be like learning Chinese for me to do. :P

Anyway, thanks for your tips, and I'll hope to get solvation for my issue.

Best of Regards,
Rocky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think BBC is on most cable packages in Holland, so you can watch half of the races on there. And the other half on RTL and streams. I learned German by watching F1 free practice sessions on RTL and DSF in the early 2000's. So you get to learn a new language for free.

Just google vipbox and wiziwig, use google chrome and a pop up blocker extension and you don't have adds on these sites.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:10 pm 

cookie wrote:
I think BBC is on most cable packages in Holland, so you can watch half of the races on there. And the other half on RTL and streams. I learned German by watching F1 free practice sessions on RTL and DSF in the early 2000's. So you get to learn a new language for free.

Just google vipbox and wiziwig, use google chrome and a pop up blocker extension and you don't have adds on these sites.

Hey Cookie,

Thanks for your tip, but I thought BBC was going to do even less broadcasts next year?

And indeed learning a new language is never wrong, but on RTL they speak so fast in a for me quite unknown language. :)

I've also noticed they don't even broadcast the free practices every time.

Also thanks a bunch for your tip about the pop-up blocker, why did I never think of that? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes I was going to say use AdBlocker addon to (in my case Firefox) your web-browser to stop the ads on vip.

With free streams I always find the old saying "beggars can't be choosers" is appropriate, you take what you have safe in the knowledge that the only alternative is not watching at all, or pay for a premium service (whether that be through your provider or online), even if the qualify isn't perfect, I'm happy enough to be watching, knowing it's saving me 400 quid a year, the quality I can live with.

I do subscribe to a premium type service that you asked about, but I can't give you the details for the simple fact that it's closed and not open to new members, if that ever changes I'll keep you in mind.

The BBC has a 10 year agreement for F1.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:43 pm 

http://www.watchF1forfree.com and use adblock plus. It's broadcasting Sky Sports (English) and it's broadcasting all sessions during a Grand Prix weekend.

Last edited by viXious on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:45 pm 

Ian-S wrote:
Yes I was going to say use AdBlocker addon to (in my case Firefox) your web-browser to stop the ads on vip.

With free streams I always find the old saying "beggars can't be choosers" is appropriate, you take what you have safe in the knowledge that the only alternative is not watching at all, or pay for a premium service (whether that be through your provider or online), even if the qualify isn't perfect, I'm happy enough to be watching, knowing it's saving me 400 quid a year, the quality I can live with.

I do subscribe to a premium type service that you asked about, but I can't give you the details for the simple fact that it's closed and not open to new members, if that ever changes I'll keep you in mind.

The BBC has a 10 year agreement for F1.

Dear Ian,

Thanks again for your tips, and what you say is truth the beggars wanting the best for free can't choose all, it's very understandable.

Sadly that the service is closed at the moment, yet, thanks again for keeping me in mind may it ever open again! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've been relying on streams for 7 out of the last 9 years (live in Asia) and i've seen my fair share of crappy streams that buffer, crash, don't load, have crappy quality and are in some strange language.

But I've been using the live stream from Channel TEN Australia for qualifying and the race. It's their commercial channel feed so has adds, but its the Sky Sports feed and has some pre and post race analysis. The quality is pretty good. Its a very good alternative to vipbox.

If you want to see it go to www.ten.com.au scroll down to the bottom and select the motorsports link and then live streaming. They don't do free practices.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A good way is to use SuperSport's stream. (http://www.supersport.com)

It's a bother to get it running, because you need to register, get a DSTV Smart Card number (easy to find on their Facebook page) and then a sub-saharan Africa proxy, which you can turn off once it starts running.

On the upside, it doesn't have ads, doesn't buffer much and it always uses the BBC feed, even in non-BBC races.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BBC's live stream (for the "live on BBC" races)

The geoblock can be bypassed easily, for example with an extension called Mediahint:

1. Install for Firefox/Chrome: https://mediahint.com

2. Go here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/bbcone/live
(or: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_one ... /watchlive)

The highest quality 1500 kbps is decent, often it just doesn't stay enabled (automatic). Some qualifications might be on BBC Two.

Last edited by deggis on Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

amq55 wrote:
and it always uses the BBC feed, even in non-BBC races.

How is that possible :?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
But I've been using the live stream from Channel TEN Australia for qualifying and the race. It's their commercial channel feed so has adds, but its the Sky Sports feed and has some pre and post race analysis. The quality is pretty good. Its a very good alternative to vipbox.

If you want to see it go to http://www.ten.com.au scroll down to the bottom and select the motorsports link and then live streaming. They don't do free practices.

Living in Australia you might have not noticed that it is geoblocked outside Australia... but of course, that doesn't stop from accessing it from elsewhere.

Tensport stream

http://tenplay.com.au/sport/formula-1/live-stream

Old instructions, website has changed since, but these still work (just tested with a non-F1 program):

Quote:
1. you need Google Chrome for this (Firefox probably has a similar extension)

2. get this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... pmdnkifigc

3. make the settings like this:

Quote:
Custom Request Headers

Title: <something>
Header: X-Forwarded-For
Append/Replace: Append
String: 202.87.14.41

Permanent Header Switches/Permanent Switch List

Domain: brightcove.com
Header Switch: <what you put as the title> (Append to X-Forwarded-For)

Last edited by deggis on Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rocky7up wrote:
I used to have this underground program called HDTV Player 0.## but a new version got released, and I do not know where to get it.

HDTVPlayer and its successor hasn't worked for a long time. The maintainer apparently paid the price.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ian-S wrote:

Sounds pretty weird for a legal service, so I must assume you mean illegal or at least highly grey area service. Paying for such service is imho same as buying a physical pirated copy of a game. Even worse if the service actually pulls the streams from some other source (bandwidth).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

deggis wrote:
amq55 wrote:

The BBC have live commentary in their highlights, if I'm not mistaken. I remember watching a non-BBC race with their commentary.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

amq55 wrote:
deggis wrote:
amq55 wrote:

The BBC have live commentary in their highlights, if I'm not mistaken. I remember watching a non-BBC race with their commentary.

Yeah the BBC still commentate their highlight races live. There's a few broadcasters, including the Irish coverage I think, who take the BBC commentary feed rather than sky.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

deggis wrote:
webbsy wrote:

If you want to see it go to http://www.ten.com.au scroll down to the bottom and select the motorsports link and then live streaming. They don't do free practices.

Living in Australia you might have not noticed that it is geoblocked outside Australia... but of course, that doesn't stop from accessing it from elsewhere.

Tensport stream

http://tenplay.com.au/sport/formula-1/live-stream

Old instructions, website has changed since, but these still work (just tested with a non-F1 program):

Quote:
1. you need Google Chrome for this (Firefox probably has a similar extension)

2. get this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... pmdnkifigc

3. make the settings like this:

Quote:
Custom Request Headers

Title: <something>
Header: X-Forwarded-For
Append/Replace: Append
String: 202.87.14.41

Permanent Header Switches/Permanent Switch List

Domain: brightcove.com
Header Switch: <what you put as the title> (Append to X-Forwarded-For)

Really? I live in China and have been watching it with no Proxy server.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:41 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gd49 wrote:
amq55 wrote:

Yeah the BBC still commentate their highlight races live. There's a few broadcasters, including the Irish coverage I think, who take the BBC commentary feed rather than sky.

And it is the usual tv commentary (Edwards) and not the radio commentary?

webbsy wrote:

Hmm, then for some reason it is not blocked in China. :p I bet in most countries it is.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:19 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

deggis wrote:
gd49 wrote:
amq55 wrote:

And it is the usual tv commentary (Edwards) and not the radio commentary?

webbsy wrote:

Hmm, then for some reason it is not blocked in China. :p I bet in most countries it is.

Yeah it is Ben Edwards. Only issue is that they'll sometimes refer to replays and interviews from the pits that are only played in during the highlights.