TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 575 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

iks wrote:
Sepang is one of the best tracks on the calendar. :)

Agreed. One of my favourite tracks.

The run from Turn 2 through to the hairpin in the middle of the lap is one of my favourites to drive in racing sims. So fun, and so rewarding when done right.

Plus Turn 14? [the one before the first long straight] is much harder than it appears.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:49 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Indeed, Sepang was one of the first tracks with those fast S turns turning into a tighter corner, really good stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Magnifico wrote:
iks wrote:
Sepang is one of the best tracks on the calendar. :)

Agreed. One of my favourite tracks.

The run from Turn 2 through to the hairpin in the middle of the lap is one of my favourites to drive in racing sims. So fun, and so rewarding when done right.

Plus Turn 14? [the one before the first long straight] is much harder than it appears.

Exactly! It's very challenging. Now, back to the tyre issue, again, Sepang corners are very harsh to the tyres, there are very fast and long corners, that's terrible for the tyres and most of them are to the right which may cause critical degradation for the left tyres, this will be very difficult for the car balance. The temperatures will be completelly different from Melbourne, we may see some surprises there, as the teams never face that kind of heat in any of the tests neither the practices at Melbourne. I'm really looking forward to watch the cars behaviour there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:56 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Fabs wrote:
R.A.I.N.

Racing Allowed Is Not.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:05 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

JJ wrote:
A track where rain is never light enough for F1 to race. And even though it may be a short shower, it will be too dark to race thanks to "session delayed further 1000000 minutes" warnings despite rain has stopped ages ago.
Sepang has always been my Tilke-favourites; the jungle near the circuit is thousand times more interesting than usual hazy desert. And it's one of the circuits that still have gravel traps. And they are so huge I can't remember anyone but Herbert to actually reach the wall.

Didn't someone hit the wall on the straight between turns 8 and 9?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Didn't someone hit the wall on the straight between turns 8 and 9?

Petrov did his Knight Rider impression between turns 8 and 9 in 2011.

I don't recall someone hitting the wall there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:36 pm 

Lucasjeha wrote:
About the GP weekend, if I remember correctly the tyres are the same from Melbourne, Mediums and Super Softs, with the insane track temperature from Sepang I wonder how they will deal with the tyre wear.

I don't remember exactly, as I already read it on atlas or somewhere else. But I'm pretty sure it won't have supersofts

It will be either softs and hards or mediums and hards because, as you said on your last post, there are long and fast corners in this circuit which would destroy the supersofts in literally a couple of laps

Well, as I was writting this, I checked and it will be mediums and hards which makes perfect sense for such track

All I hope is for completely dry FPs and Q, then for the race, I don't give a shit. It can rain elephants and hypos and I'm fine with they not racing, so at least this 5pm race start might change

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:50 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I really wonder, if it rains from the start, whether they would cancelit completely or xonsider running on the monday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:54 pm 

I really wonder, if it rains from the start, whether they would cancelit completely or xonsider running on the monday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:55 pm 
Permabanned

40% for rain at sunday

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tobias wrote:

If it rained from the very, very start at a biblical level they'd probably postpone it. If it got going, red flag and there's the 4 hour limit. But by my memory doesn't it usually rain intensely but not for a huge amount of time?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:06 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Lucasjeha wrote:
About the GP weekend, if I remember correctly the tyres are the same from Melbourne, Mediums and Super Softs, with the insane track temperature from Sepang I wonder how they will deal with the tyre wear.

I don't remember exactly, as I already read it on atlas or somewhere else. But I'm pretty sure it won't have supersofts

It will be either softs and hards or mediums and hards because, as you said on your last post, there are long and fast corners in this circuit which would destroy the supersofts in literally a couple of laps

Well, as I was writting this, I checked and it will be mediums and hards which makes perfect sense for such track

All I hope is for completely dry FPs and Q, then for the race, I don't give a shit. It can rain elephants and hypos and I'm fine with they not racing, so at least this 5pm race start might change

This year the race will begin at 16:00 local time. Thanks for the information about the tyres! It indeed makes much more sense, but I would like to see at least the softs there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:08 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tobias wrote:

Well, I don't think it's gonna rain this year, but if it does, I think we will see again the same history from 2009 and last year, a loong wait till the track is good enough for inters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:23 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

JJ wrote:
A track where rain is never light enough for F1 to race. And even though it may be a short shower, it will be too dark to race thanks to "session delayed further 1000000 minutes" warnings despite rain has stopped ages ago.
Sepang has always been my Tilke-favourites; the jungle near the circuit is thousand times more interesting than usual hazy desert. And it's one of the circuits that still have gravel traps. And they are so huge I can't remember anyone but Herbert to actually reach the wall.

I can only think of Diniz in 99, Kova in 2009? And a Force India in practice couple years back?! 8O

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
JJ wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:03 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Never understood why he kind of kept his foot in it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:20 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

F1_Fan_1993 wrote:
JJ wrote:

I can only think of Diniz in 99, Kova in 2009? And a Force India in practice couple years back?! 8O

The FI was Fisichella if I'm not wrong and at the same year there was another driver who crashed at the same place.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:22 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The best Sepang crash:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:52 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fermani2 wrote:
The best Sepang crash:

Completelly forgot about that one! A1GP was always fun to watch. Well, GP2 with the current grid and DRS system might bring us some big action either :p

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:

Such an anachronism to see Murray Walker and Sepang in the same video.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 575 Next