TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1127 128 129 130 131335 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

As does...

Pastor Maldonado, GP winner

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:29 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
As does...

Pastor Maldonado, GP winner

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:36 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Scotty wrote:
The most remarkable thing was that he won it on merit. Not a 15 car attrition fest that many guys in the 90's got flukey wins out of.

Merit, yes.....but that entire weekend was Hamilton's until Mclaren forgot to put the right amount of fuel in.

So you could argue slightly flukey.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:48 am 

Hamilton didn't show that much race pace to indicate he would've dominated the race had he started on pole, though(and, personally, I also consider much more remarkable to put a Williams on P2 than a Mclaren on pole)

Anyway, it was an outstanding drive from PM no matter what and I agree with Scotty that it will take time to get used to Williams-Mercedes. I did get used to Williams-BMW in early 2000's but nothing sounds more right than Williams-Renault :p

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
As does...

Pastor Maldonado, GP winner (on merit)

Corrected for Scotty :thumbsup:

It was one of those drives that I'll always appreciate and enjoy watching. Like with Alonso's first win at Hungary in 2003 and Vettel winning at Monza in 2008.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
kals wrote:
As does...

Pastor Maldonado, GP winner (on merit)

Corrected for Scotty :thumbsup:

It was one of those drives that I'll always appreciate and enjoy watching. Like with Alonso's first win at Hungary in 2003 and Vettel winning at Monza in 2008.

Pastor Maldonado, future world champion (on merit)

:p

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:45 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I have always doubts about that win. It feels the same like what happened in cycling last years. Suddenly, they were the strongest.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Regiotap wrote:
I have always doubts about that win. It feels the same like what happened in cycling last years. Suddenly, they were the strongest.

And suddenly a fire happens that wiped out all the data.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:40 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

FIA Statement
Fri 31.05.13, 9:09PM

The FIA has asked Team Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 and Scuderia Ferrari Team which have taken part in tyre tests in the 2013 season to reply to a disciplinary inquiry in pursuance of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules.
This follows the Stewards' Report from the Monaco Grand Prix and represents supplementary information required by the FIA in the light of the replies received from Pirelli, who were asked for clarifications on Tuesday May 28th.

http://www.fia.com/news/fia-statement

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:50 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

2012 was a bizarre season, probably due one again in 2016.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Regiotap wrote:
FIA Statement
Fri 31.05.13, 9:09PM

The FIA has asked Team Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 and Scuderia Ferrari Team which have taken part in tyre tests in the 2013 season to reply to a disciplinary inquiry in pursuance of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules.
This follows the Stewards' Report from the Monaco Grand Prix and represents supplementary information required by the FIA in the light of the replies received from Pirelli, who were asked for clarifications on Tuesday May 28th.

http://www.fia.com/news/fia-statement

Yeah, apparently using a 2 year old car for testing isn't as legal as the teams originally thought. Seems there is a very gray area. The F150 was not even run by the F1 team but the customer car division.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Seems Pirelli broke some of its own policy's with the Ferrari/Mercedes test's with regards to ensuring other teams know whats happening & its unknown if the usual data security measures were followed.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2013/05/31/anal ... s-and-fia/

On the Ferrari thing, Im surprised to find that there isn't actually anything in the regulations about running a car 3yrs or older, I'd always seen it reported as that been the rule. The actual wording of the regulations is:

Sporting regulations - Article 22.1 wrote:
Track testing shall be considered any track running time not part of an event undertaken by a competitor entered in the championship, using cars which conform substantially with the current Formula 1 technical regulations in addition to those from the previous or subsequent year

As usual with F1 regulations, Big room for interpretation in a regulation that really should be perfectly clear.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

To ssy this has been a right royal cock up is an understatement. Seems all three parties are trying to pass the buck. To me the fault is with the FIA, firstly with their own contradictory rules, and secondly with their glaring lack of oversight in the governance of the tests.

I'm not sure what the FIA actually do, but surely when your sole tyre supplier says they want to take up the option in their contrat of testing compounds for the forth comming year, you assist in the over seeing of the arrangement and implimentation of that test in order to ensure impartiality. The FIA it seems has passed all reponsibility onto Pirelli and Mercedes to do this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:56 pm 
Permabanned

My face is now in the museum :lol:
http://www.hangar-7.com/en/architecture ... acing-rb8/
I did`t know about it :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How secret was the Pirelli test?
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... edes-test/

Quote:
There’s no better man to ask than Pius Gasso, a former racing driver who lives virtually next door to the Barcelona track, and who takes a keen interest in what’s going on.

Apparently nicknamed the ‘all-seeing eye’ by friends on the Spanish motor racing scene, he knows the people who work at the circuit, he knows how to get in – and he knows how to get spy photos that 007 would be proud of.

“At the Ferrari test I could take pictures from the gate on the corner of New Holland [the final corner],” Pius tells me. “But because of the security cameras four security men were quickly sent to me, and they told me it was a private test and I had to leave the area. They told me, ‘Please, Pirelli does not want photos, this is a GP2 test, and the truth is it’s nobody famous.’ I had the picture, so I left!

“At the Mercedes test the door was fully closed at New Holland, covered with a red canvas that made it impossible to see who it was. There were people from ISS, a company dedicated to the monitoring and control of the circuit, who did not let me stay over 10 minutes in the ‘street’ by the gate. I recorded the audio, and decided to climb a mountain to make those pictures.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:39 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I really don't understand how people see it as secret? I was in Monaco on Monday morning and most of the motorhomes still needed to be broken down and put on transport for the next race. I don't imagine this was any different in Spain. To hell with theories no one knew except Mercedes themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:01 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

StefMeister wrote:
How secret was the Pirelli test?
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... edes-test/

Quote:
There’s no better man to ask than Pius Gasso, a former racing driver who lives virtually next door to the Barcelona track, and who takes a keen interest in what’s going on.

Apparently nicknamed the ‘all-seeing eye’ by friends on the Spanish motor racing scene, he knows the people who work at the circuit, he knows how to get in – and he knows how to get spy photos that 007 would be proud of.

“At the Ferrari test I could take pictures from the gate on the corner of New Holland [the final corner],” Pius tells me. “But because of the security cameras four security men were quickly sent to me, and they told me it was a private test and I had to leave the area. They told me, ‘Please, Pirelli does not want photos, this is a GP2 test, and the truth is it’s nobody famous.’ I had the picture, so I left!

“At the Mercedes test the door was fully closed at New Holland, covered with a red canvas that made it impossible to see who it was. There were people from ISS, a company dedicated to the monitoring and control of the circuit, who did not let me stay over 10 minutes in the ‘street’ by the gate. I recorded the audio, and decided to climb a mountain to make those pictures.”

To me that proves nothing other than that security at Circuit de Catalunya are bastards ... something I strongly suspected already based on my own dealings with them. They invent shit as the go along, so the canvas and the extra tight security were probably just as a reaction to his presence at the Ferrari test and a preventative measure ...

(I say this because they refused me access with a bicycle despite having a cycle lane inside the circuit and no written stipulations anywhere regarding bicycles on any signage, ticket or website material ... they then used the excuse that you wouldn't take a bicycle to a football stadium and couldn't understand the difference, and finally that in their understand of the wording they could just exclude anything without specifying it because they felt like it - probably legally accurate but cockish. My guess is they now specifically stipulate bicycles as I may have made it my business to annoy them on the matter for most of the morning.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't think that article really means anything. To me it just shows that security was stepped up from one test to another. Does it mean Ferrari and Mercedes were trying to hide something? Well maybe, if I believe in conspiracy theories. Does it mean Pirelli were trying to protect something? Most probably.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Maria de Villota showed her damaged helmet :8: , looks scary as hell.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

:8:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1127 128 129 130 131335 Next