TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1688 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 585 Next

Who wins 2012 Formula One Driver's Championsip?
Sebastian Vettel 65%  65%  [ 64 ]
Fernando Alonso 35%  35%  [ 34 ]
Total votes: 98
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gd49 wrote:
J.Morelli wrote:
Bernie Ecclestone has visited Beto Carrero World Park in Santa Catarina state this Tuesday. He's evaluating a possibility of changing the address of brazilian Grand Prix from 2014 onwards.

He denied he's not negotiating with São Paulo's new major but everything is leading to the fact Interlagos is no longer taking part on the F1 schedule in a near future because the new mayor doesn't want to spend the funds required to make all reforms Bernie wants.

Rio de Janeiro (and its possible new track) and Santa Catarina may be the best options for brazilian Grand Prix in the future. Bernie was impressed with the structure found in the Beto Carrero World Park, maybe that's a strong possibility.

I'd be sad to lose interlagos, its a good track for racing with plenty of history. Would the other options be brand new tracks with all that goes with that?

That Beto Carrero World Park circuit is new for me. But I don't think we can expect much of a track within an amusement park. And I don't think the new Rio track - built to replace the demolished Jacarepaguá, very controversially, btw - is something to be considered too soon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:02 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Been shafted with something at work, so missing this race. Therefore it will probably be epic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 pm 
The most anticipated member

EAS wrote:
gd49 wrote:
J.Morelli wrote:
Bernie Ecclestone has visited Beto Carrero World Park in Santa Catarina state this Tuesday. He's evaluating a possibility of changing the address of brazilian Grand Prix from 2014 onwards.

He denied he's not negotiating with São Paulo's new major but everything is leading to the fact Interlagos is no longer taking part on the F1 schedule in a near future because the new mayor doesn't want to spend the funds required to make all reforms Bernie wants.

Rio de Janeiro (and its possible new track) and Santa Catarina may be the best options for brazilian Grand Prix in the future. Bernie was impressed with the structure found in the Beto Carrero World Park, maybe that's a strong possibility.

I'd be sad to lose interlagos, its a good track for racing with plenty of history. Would the other options be brand new tracks with all that goes with that?

That Beto Carrero World Park circuit is new for me. But I don't think we can expect much of a track within an amusement park. And I don't think the new Rio track - built to replace the demolished Jacarepaguá, very controversially, btw - is something to be considered too soon.

They have some visionary plans to make Beto Carrero a top racing venue. They had already built one of Worlds best karting circuits into the park (designed by Hermann Tilke) and they have intentions to build a Formula One track also signed by Tilke.

I won't say I like the idea but we have to think about what's Brazil's future in Formula One, it's clear to me, given the increasing number of complaints from teams regarding Interlagos (sadly they're right on their complaints), I think Brazil should at least react.

I love Interlagos but we have to agree, the racing facility is old, no matter what reform is done, If the deal is to make Interlagos as modern as these new outstanding circuits World wide, the amount of money required for such is extremely high, a public investment I seriously doubt Fernando Haddad - new mayor from 2013 onwards - would assume, considering we need heavy investments for the World Cup and other things that are top priorities in São Paulo (education and security mainly).

And add to this account all the traffic jam problems you already have in Interlagos neighborhood, that place is a chaos and very dangerous too. Actually, that place is horrible, the only thing that saves that neighborhood is the Racing track. I think many people have lots of reasons to complain about it....that's the problem.

In the other hand, F1 in Santa Catarina is perfect. The state is a jewel, near Beto Carrero you have amazing beaches, tourism there is also very good, F1 and Santa Catarina is a perfect combination.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:52 pm 

Just for the members that don't read the forum much to keep up to who is gonna be supporting who:

Members that will be avidly rooting for an Alonso tittle:
ellis
RtN
Mattzel89
Fox
American Dragon

Members that will be avidly rooting for a Vettel tittle:
Magnifico
Fabs
acopip
DinoMarko93
NextDimensional

Last edited by Artur Craft on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:16 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

You can add my name to the Vettel-list ;)

Vettel applauding for Lewis after they crossed the finishline was a true sign he's a sport, haven't seen Alonso doing that...

Who wouldn't be upset and yell after you've been passed for the lead ? Heat of the moment-thing...

I'd rather have a smiling young German with a sense of humour win a third crown. He's the man of the future.

Alonso expects that everything and everybody has to kneel down before him and when he gets overtaken by someone, he sees that as the greatest injustice in the world. As a kid he once stepped out of his kart while crying his eyes out after he finished second...

Maybe Ferrari need to cut back on his salary and build a decent car right from the start of the season ? They are the oldest team on the grid, aren't they ? With the most experience in F1 ? Must be painful to watch how a softdrinks company mops the floor with ya 9 times out of 10.

And to everybody who thinks the 2012-Ferrari is crap, try the 1996-model, that was a bathtub with wheels...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think you got those lists the wrong way around.

I would rather eat my own pubes than see Alonso win another F1 title.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
RtN wrote:

Same here :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:07 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I think he's taking the piss..I think lol.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:10 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Vettel and Alonso will both crack under the pressure and create a demolition derby. Both will be disqualified from the World Championship (like Schumacher in 1997) and Raikkonen will be champion :flag: .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:33 am 
Permabanned

Caterham F1 Team Grand Prix View

Quote:
Brazilian Grand Prix View

General
Race Laps: 71
Fuel consumption and fuel effect are relatively low, compared to the majority of the season
Kerbs are not a problem
The track is not especially bumpy
The Brazilian GP is a hard race for the drivers with many compressions and a long time spent dealing with lateral loads which applied on the opposite side to most circuits
Low atmospheric pressure due to the altitude of the circuit which is the highest of the season: 786 m above sea level.
Top speed can be reached in T1 or T4 depending on wind condition
First gear is not used on the track
Maximising traction is usually the main balance issue

2011 Weather
Air/Track temp ( C): 19 / 23
ATM Press (HPA): 922
Hum (%): 85
Wind (kph): N10

2011 Timing
Qualifying
P1: Vettel
P2: Webber
P3: Button
CF1T best: P19 Kovalainen

Race
P1: Webber
P2: Vettel
P3: Button
CF1T best: P16 Kovalainen

Circuit Particularity
Bumpiness: medium
Overtaking chance: low
Kerbs: smooth
Ride height setting particularity: none
Engine severity: medium
Gearbox severity: medium
Lat/Long grip: lateral
Aero eff ratio: medium
Safety car history: 2011 – none, 2010 – 1 (laps 51 – 55)
Track grip evo during w/e: high
Aero settings: medium / high
Brake wear severity: medium
Brake cooling necessity: high

Driver Quotes

Giedo van der Garde (driving FP1 in Heikki Kovalainen’s car): “This will be my final FP1 run of the season and it’s on another track I haven’t driven on before, but I’ve done the usual preparation on my simulator so I’ll be up to speed quickly. It looks like it’s a pretty technical track and one that everyone tells me has a fantastic atmosphere so I’m looking forward to getting out there and picking up where I left off in Abu Dhabi after two really good days in the car.”

Heikki Kovalainen, car 20, chassis CT01-#03: “Interlagos is a good place for us to end the season as it’s one of those tracks where anything can happen. It looks like there could be rain every day and that’ll mean picking the right strategy will be key to performance – time the stops right and you can take advantage of whatever happens in qualifying or the race. The track itself is also quite tricky. It’s pretty narrow in parts and you need to make sure you get your lines right or it’s very easy to make a mistake.

“It’s also fair to say the Brazilian race has one of the best atmospheres of the whole season. The fans are incredibly passionate about Formula 1, they’re very knowledgeable and the turn the whole weekend into a giant party in the stands. It’s pretty cool on Sunday when you’re on the gird and all the stands are bouncing – it really is a cool place to race F1 cars.”

Vitaly Petrov, car 21, chassis CT01-#02: “The last race of the season is Brazil, a track that’s a good challenge and one where anything can happen. Last year I finished in the points and while that may not be an easy task for us this year, it’s still something we want to fight for. With the weather forecasts for Sunday we might see rain so that could make it a really exciting end to the season right up and down the grid.

“Technically the Brazil track is pretty interesting. You need to have really good traction to power out of the slower corners and you need to make sure you have the setup right for the long flat-out run from the last corner, past the pits and into turn one, giving you a chance to pass other cars as you head towards the start of another lap.”

Ends

To download Caterham F1 Team hi-res images, rights free for editorial use, go to www.flickr.com/photos/caterhamf1. All images must be credited "Caterham F1 Team" and are made available strictly for editorial use and any commercial, marketing or advertising use will be at the discretion of Caterham F1 Team.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:17 am 

stimaro wrote:

hof

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:45 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

Alonso here :) Since 2001 actually :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:01 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Quote:
To summarise, the worst of the rain is now predicted between midday and midnight local time on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:21 am 

Tobias wrote:
Quote:
To summarise, the worst of the rain is now predicted between midday and midnight local time on Sunday.

So if it's torrential, and we don't get 75% distance, Vettel has won...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:23 am 

it should be interesting to see Alonso's reaction who is usually the first to complain about "undrrrrrrrrriveable conditions".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:28 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tobias wrote:
Quote:

So the GP is gonna be dry. It has been years it is always the other way around : when they predict rain, it always comes later, which means after the race...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:47 am 

RtN wrote:

yeah, it was on purpose. It was suppose to be a joke teasing post. :p

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:57 am 

last year there was a 100% chance of rain at Sao Paulo, but that was different. It were showers which developped through the day and some of them did indeed hit Sao Paulo city, but not the track itself.

this year it is a cold front, so that's about as sure as it gets to it being completely wet. The only question is, when will the cold front move over Sao Paulo? I understand from Lucasjeha that cold fronts often see an almost non-stop rain which can last for days.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:11 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:52 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Anybody from Brazil attending this race in São Paulo? :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1688 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 585 Next