TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1024 Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:51 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

although I do believe Autosport did its best to twist his words slightly, Alonso says he is 100% sure the title of 2012 is his.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103800

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah but only a handful of races ago Alonso also bragged that he could afford a couple of retirements (because his lead in the title was so big). And look where he is now...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:09 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah, but one retirement for Vettel, and it will change the other way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:35 pm 
Permabanned

Regiotap wrote:

Vettel and Alonso retirement ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:07 pm 
The most anticipated member

I can imagine how Webber might get angry after Qualifyings like that..."The son of a b*tch always find those hundredths less". Given those lap times I suspect both Red Bull cars were using identical setups.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

J.Morelli wrote:
I can imagine how Webber might get angry after Qualifyings like that..."The son of a b*tch always find those hundredths less". Given those lap times I suspect both Red Bull cars were using identical setups.

Hang on, who was on pole in Korea then?

Regiotap wrote:

I realise that but you've kind of missed my point. Which was Alonso keeps saying these things to the press. Vettel on the other hand hasn't. Perhaps he should keep his mouth shut, concentrate on being a team player and do his job on the track. I would actually prefer Alonso to win the title over Vettel this year, but for his arrogance alone he deserves to lose.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I remember reading somewhere that because of Webber's height, it makes it more difficult for Red Bull to get the weight distribution right, so on instances like today - where only 0.044s separated them - that could make the difference.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There are so many factors (inside and outside) that can and do affect lap time difference, it is almost impossible to pinpoint a single cause. We can all speculate and simply (and ironically) spend far too much time analysing potential cause and effect.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:21 am 

phil1993 wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that because of Webber's height, it makes it more difficult for Red Bull to get the weight distribution right, so on instances like today - where only 0.044s separated them - that could make the difference.

I think in 2010 they talked about that and Webber is about 10kg heavier too

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:24 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Where is the Mr Bean smiley? :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:50 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

:mrbean:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

haha, Mr. Bean was the only reason to watch the race last year.

What did he make that face for anyway?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

iks wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... llide.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:51 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

iks wrote:

Lewis thinking he could overtake into a corner with no breaking zone, and Massa thinking he could turn into Lewis whose car would magically disappear.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:36 am 

iks wrote:

How can you not remember? :p

His expressions says it all about the "incident"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:38 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

The "We are fighting Newey, not Sebastian" comment which Alonso made is quite funny really.

Alonso sits with 57 points more than Webber. So if it was all Newey like he claimed then we'd have 2 Red Bulls at the top of the charts. And you could make the argument that Vettel is busy fighting both Ferraris. When was the last time Webber was told to sacrifce tyres and qualifying runs in order to go and do laps to create a slipstream for Sebastian? Oh that's right, never.

Alonso has a team built around him to the point where he's allowed to veto second drivers, and get them to create holes in the air for him. Formula one is a team sport, so if the team isn't good enough then that is his, and his teams responsibility to improve. Stop whining and get on with it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:06 am 

but he only recently said that at Ferrari you drive for the team, not for yourself :?: (regarding a possible replacement of Massa)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:16 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

@
ellis

So, how do you know that Vettel doesn't have a team built up around him?
It would make much more sense. To have the youngest 3rd time WDC ever, that's great for Red Bull.
For me it looks like Red Bull with Vettel, at the moment, is as perfect as Ferrari with Schumacher, and it will be difficult to beat them in the next years.
Vettel can even break Schumacher's records, obviously he is a better driver than Webber. And also, Webber is older.
So why should they support Webber more than Vettel? Webber wasn't allowed to attack Vettel even when he was clearly on running for the championship. And remember the front-wing-affair.
Webber was clearly not happy.
And now it looks like "whining", "crying", are your favorite words. Maybe you have to ask yourself who keeps whining.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I find it amusing to watch the Alonso fans crumbling. I mean, I think either driver would deserve it, whoever wins it, but a lot conveniently forget the Red Bull cock-ups earlier in the season that cost Vettel quite a few points. A world championship is made up of 20 races; it's a different beast to how you won a title 20 or 30 years ago - different pressures.

The only time Red Bull has ever used team orders was the 'Mark, maintain the gap' at Silverstone last year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:38 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

acopip wrote:
@ellis

So, how do you know that Vettel doesn't have a team built up around him?

I watch F1 and pay attention. It's pretty spectacularly obvious.

Quote:
It would make much more sense. To have the youngest 3rd time WDC ever, that's great for Red Bull.

And it'd be great marketing to take the title with 2 different drivers. Also good for marketing in Australia.

Quote:
For me it looks like Red Bull with Vettel, at the moment, is as perfect as Ferrari with Schumacher, and it will be difficult to beat them in the next years.

Yeah, it's not even slightly close to the Ferrari years. Ferrari had cars moving out of the way for Schumacher at the start of the year - Red Bull haven't moved a car out of the way until the championship is over. And even then, it worked in Webbers favour.

Quote:
Vettel can even break Schumacher's records, obviously he is a better driver than Webber. And also, Webber is older.

Ah yes, Vettel is better. Maybe that explains everything you've said. And if Vettel is off to Ferrari then Red Bull will know, and won't care about what records he sets when there.

Quote:
So why should they support Webber more than Vettel?

I didn't say they should support Webber more than Vettel.

Quote:
Webber wasn't allowed to attack Vettel even when he was clearly on running for the championship.

There is a difference between not attacking your team mate, and moving out the way. However we've already forgotten Webber being given the win in Brazil last year. And Turkey a few years back when Vettel was instructed NOT to pass Webber. Peoples memories for this stuff seems quite selective.

So do you have any basis for your claims? Because my points are based in reality. Formula one is a TEAM SPORT, and Alonso has a team mate who is going out and sacrificing qualifying purely to give him an advantage. If Ferrari aren't doing as good a job as Red Bull then he is part of the team and is part of the responsibility for improving it. He hasn't exactly our preformed Massa at Korea and India so far has he? And the last driver to continually criticize Ferrari whilst driving for them was Prost - and he was shown the door.

Quote:
And now it looks like "whining", "crying", are your favorite words. Maybe you have to ask yourself who keeps whining.

When EVERY race thread is filled with the same repetitive bullshit of people hating on a driver, but struggling to find a reason other than he's good, you're damn right I'm going to call out whining and crying. So I'm going to ask who keeps whining? Well, everyone who posts "Vettel pole" before he's on pole. Or "Vettel win" before the weekend has even begun. We come here for a discussion, and 10 posts having a moan about something that hasn't even happened, in a time when F1 has become quite unpredictable is just a ridiculously low standard of discussion and as a board, we're meant to be better than that. If you're happy to sit and have 20 page threads of the same predictable crap every week, then that's fine. But I'm not.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1024 Next