TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:12 pm 
This place is Purile and Childish
This place is Purile and Childish

Tobias wrote:
I find it funny, but fascinating, how a few fractions of a second can provoke heated discussions lasting for days or even weeks.

I find it funny, but fascinating, to see people praising Arnoux and Villeneuve going wheel to wheel, or Senna/Mansell/Prost/etc trying to push eachother off the track with absolutely zero concerns for security, and labelling such battles or moves as "classics". But now we're actually saying that drivers should give enough space to fit two cars in corners?? (I'm not singling you out Scotty, it's just an example).

So yes, I know, now we care about drivers surviving races, and pushing drivers off the track on purpose shouldn't be tolerated, but then we should also stop praising things like this from years past.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Another thing, no one tugs the steering wheel to the left just to get to the proper racing line. In fact, Vettel makes a left steering input even before the noticable look in the mirrors.

I'm sorry, but he knew Alonso was there. Whether he wanted to push him off or try to race cleanly and misjudged the width is impossible to know.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:56 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

remember how Hamilton pushed Glock off the track in 2008 a bit earlier in the corner? Was left unpunished too [Massa fanboy] and may have been the reason why Massa lost the 2008 championship in the end [/Massa fanboy]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Talladega wrote:
Tobias wrote:
I find it funny, but fascinating, how a few fractions of a second can provoke heated discussions lasting for days or even weeks.

I find it funny, but fascinating, to see people praising Arnoux and Villeneuve going wheel to wheel, or Senna/Mansell/Prost/etc trying to push eachother off the track with absolutely zero concerns for security, and labelling such battles or moves as "classics". But now we're actually saying that drivers should give enough space to fit two cars in corners?? (I'm not singling you out Scotty, it's just an example).

So yes, I know, now we care about drivers surviving races, and pushing drivers off the track on purpose shouldn't be tolerated, but then we should also stop praising things like this from years past.

Completely agree with this. Just a very diverse audiance these days. I think it's just that people are far more aware and concious of the dangers of the sport, and the consiquences of high speed accidents, and obviously F1 heavily promotes saftey these days.
Back 10-15 years ago (before Senna's death), I feel safety was slightly more disregarded in the persuit for performance. Thus the FIA or teams did not feel such moves, back then were punishable as, as long as you didn't touch/crash, it was fair game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:52 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Anyone notice alonso's attempt to pass the shu in the first few laps of the race? He could only get up to 6th gear under the bridge before the second lesmo's,it seemed like he could not shift into 7th his fingers were moving in the onboard shot, hard to tell by the sound on our broadcast beacause of the shitty sattelight sound delay.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Talladega wrote:
Tobias wrote:

I think most of the members here weren't even old enough to watch F1 in the Senna-Prost era, let alone Villeneuve and Arnoux. I personally only know Dijon 79 because other people defined it as "classic". Remember, Senna is dead for almost 20 years! Today is a new generation watching and anyone who wasn't following F1 as close as he is now, shouldn't compare the two.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:07 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

scarsurfing wrote:
Anyone notice alonso's attempt to pass the shu in the first few laps of the race? He could only get up to 6th gear under the bridge before the second lesmo's,it seemed like he could not shift into 7th his fingers were moving in the onboard shot, hard to tell by the sound on our broadcast beacause of the shitty sattelight sound delay.

I posted that moment in the video thread, with fixed audio :)

Fernando Alonso fights with Michael Schumacher
1m13s, 40.6 MB, H.264, 720p60

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40