TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1578 posts ]  Go to page Previous 175 76 77 78 79 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Also, if you consider the pit stop as an evidence for a conspiracy, I don't think that Sauber would risk losing second to Hamilton just to please Ferrari. That was just really bad judgement from the team.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:28 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
Even those who are seen as more fair than others are at it - look at Red Bull asking Seb to park the car, and Seb refusing saying that isn't how the sport should be. And he's right! So it may not be a conspiracy, but when something dodgy happens people should be questioning it, because if we don't, nobody else is going to.

I missed that part, any video or articles available about that?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Shaddix wrote:
ellis wrote:
Even those who are seen as more fair than others are at it - look at Red Bull asking Seb to park the car, and Seb refusing saying that isn't how the sport should be. And he's right! So it may not be a conspiracy, but when something dodgy happens people should be questioning it, because if we don't, nobody else is going to.

I missed that part, any video or articles available about that?

I beleive this one is a translated German interview. I think he said it in English too.

Quote:
He argues that his radio didn’t work, but also told Welt newspaper: “I guess I should have come in, but I think that if you can, you should go to the end of the race.

“Of course you can save the car, but I wanted to see the chequered flag,” added Vettel.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:47 pm 

aerogi wrote:
Wasn't it at Jerez 97 where the Sauber team was asked by Ferrari to make it Villeneuve a little bit difficult to overtake when he was lapped? I thought this story came up a few years ago.

But I can't believe that would happen now, because in my humble opinion common sense is playing a role in here. Everyone knows that Alonso is not easy to overtake, it would also mean Perez would need to go away from the dry line and put his slicks on a damp part of the track in an attempt to overtake. And why risk an unexpected brilliant result, and the fact that Ferrari would be not at all happy if something would have gone wrong.

I don't believe in conspiracy here, only common sense! If you see Peter Sauber's emotional reaction, I think it's pretty clear.

I also remember the 2003 Monza race when Frentzen let Michael through immediately while Montoya had to follow Frentzen through several corners. This was also brought on the official review when they showed Briatore shaking his head about it. Sauber was using Ferrari engines that year as well, so this was quite interesting.

But I also do not believe that Perez decided by himself to go off by himself. He just went wide at a corner where such mistakes usually happen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:27 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

My Dad has a F1 schedule stuck to his fridge that he also fills in the podium finishers after each race. Anyway, according to this, Dani Pedrosa came second in yesterday's Malaysian GP. Thats what getting old does to you folks...

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:59 pm 

As we are already having a good run with speculating about conspiracies and manipulation, I would like to add an interesting thought regarding Vettel refusing to stop the car.
Anyone still remember Vettel's mysterious gearbox problems in Brazil last year? Vettel still drove good lap times with the "massive gearbox problems". First he had to short-shift one gear, then two gears, then every gear. Many people speculated that it was just made up to hand Webber the victory in order to gain 2nd place in the final ranking (which did not work out because of Buttons 3rd place).

Suddenly yesterday Vettel starts to be distrustful to feedback from his engineers and thinks "Shut up. I drive until the thing breaks down"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This really was a great race. Very entertaining and I quite enjoyed watching Sergio run down Alonso. Shame he made a... Mistake... But these things happen. Great result.

Now, I haven't read all the comments but I suspect many of them are calling for Massa's head. And, as a fan of Felipe, I can do nothing but agree. That was pathetic and something has clearly gone very wrong for him. Perhaps he never was that good, but he was definitely faster than this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The thing with Perez is just the same basic physiological principle as kids, if you see your kid walking along a tall wall perfectly fine, as a parent you naturally have the urge to tell them to be careful and not fall, to which a few seconds later they likely will fall off the wall, not because they've suddenly forgotten how to keep their balance, but because mummy or daddy have just planted the physiological seed of "falling" into the kids subconscious, so then all they're thinking about it not falling rather than concentrating on keeping their balance.

Perez did the same thing, they reminded him 2nd was good enough, so he then get's distracted from being focused on driving and falls off the road.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Can someone please explain what happened with Vettel in the last lap? I only saw and heard his team saying "stop", then "don't stop", and finaly "stop NOW".
What did Vettel say, and what was the problem?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:38 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ian-S wrote:
The thing with Perez is just the same basic physiological principle as kids, if you see your kid walking along a tall wall perfectly fine, as a parent you naturally have the urge to tell them to be careful and not fall, to which a few seconds later they likely will fall off the wall, not because they've suddenly forgotten how to keep their balance, but because mummy or daddy have just planted the physiological seed of "falling" into the kids subconscious, so then all they're thinking about it not falling rather than concentrating on keeping their balance.

Perez did the same thing, they reminded him 2nd was good enough, so he then get's distracted from being focused on driving and falls off the road.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I would have told my race engineer to shut up with negative stuff like that, like Kubica once told his race engineer right before Qualy, not to talk about anything negative. I would have loved to see Sergio take the fight to Alonso, but I'm still delighted about his 2nd place. Just hope ot won't be his last podium for a very long time...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:31 pm 

Omega wrote:
Can someone please explain what happened with Vettel in the last lap? I only saw and heard his team saying "stop", then "don't stop", and finaly "stop NOW".

Sky TV speculated that it's some sort of a KERS issue, which makes sense.

I read somewhere that he didn't retire because "he wanted to see the checkered flag". Tells you about the competitive spirit that kid has I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
I think they forgot to tell Fernando he has no chance in his Ferrari. :wave:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

MaskedMan wrote:
Omega wrote:

Sky TV speculated that it's some sort of a KERS issue, which makes sense.

I read somewhere that he didn't retire because "he wanted to see the checkered flag". Tells you about the competitive spirit that kid has I guess.

There was a message earlier in the race that Vettel's radio wasn't working, and Vettel said after the race that his radio wasn't working so it's not certain if he even got any of the messages.

BBC speculated it was to allow engine/gearbox change without a penalty, would that make sense under the current rules?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:13 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

I think if you retire you get a free gearbox change.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's correct. But you need to reasonably justify the retirement. Which avoids any repeat of Honda in Australia 2005, retiring the car to get fresh engines for Malaysia, only for both cars to go bang before lap 5.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
That's correct. But you need to reasonably justify the retirement. Which avoids any repeat of Honda in Australia 2005, retiring the car to get fresh engines for Malaysia, only for both cars to go bang before lap 5.

That was 2006

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:40 pm 

It was both I think, they both pulled in on the last lap in 05 and Jenson stopped before the line the year after.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:45 pm 
Belgian Waffle.
Belgian Waffle.

huuuuuuur

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:58 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Oh the things going through Massa's head in that (no photoshopped version) photo.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:29 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Felipe, please break your contract with Ferrari and get some break... it's awful to see you like this!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1578 posts ]  Go to page Previous 175 76 77 78 79 Next